Duke Nukem and Borderlands Films In the Works

SWIL

( •_•)O*¯`·.¸.·´¯`°Q(•_•)
Looks like both are being adopted for the big screen. I like the idea of a Borderlands film. Duke Nukem, ehh...maybe if they go campy B-movie style like Evil Dead?

Thoughts?

If Micky Rourke and Ron Perlman weren't so old, they'd make great Dukes. John Cena's comedic side surprised me in Trainwreck, so him too, maybe. No Duke movie would be nominated for an Academy Award, but I'd watch it if they got the casting right out of pure nostalgia.

Yeah, Micky especially if he were younger. It's going to be tough to cast, for sure.

Brock Lesnar is pretty much your only choice. I don't see why you'd make that game into a movie.

Duke Nukem sounds like it could possibly be one of the worst movies of all time if they don't go about it right.

"Perhaps it’s the inherently dull premises. Video games are meant to be played, not watched (although there are folks who enjoy watching video games, which explains why something like Twitch exists), and when Hollywood tries to stick too close to the source material, the result is, well, pretty boring. Moreover, characters are purposefully lacking in striking characteristics, which allows the player to more fully immerse him or herself into the role of said character. So when you try to bring that character to the screen in a way that honors the game iteration, you get a pretty one-dimensional protagonist."

http://collider.com/video-game-movies-super-mario-bros/

VN Store

Back