The official E3 2017 Thread

Brave Volunteer

With E3 just around the corner I thought I'd go ahead and create this thread. I'll put any news or updates in this thread. In the meantime here are the conference schedules...

Microsoft - Sunday, June 11, 2pm Pacific Time

Team Xbox is also starting early this year, vacating their traditional Monday morning presser slot and snagging Sunday afternoon instead. It’s safe to expect the official reveal (complete with price and release date) of Microsoft’s next console, Scorpio, as well as more info on Crackdown 3, Sea of Thieves, and other shooty games that may or may not involve Master Chief.

Bethesda - Sunday, June 11, 7pm Pacific Time

For the third year, Bethesda will hold a presser to talk about its games, and we’d expect to see a new Wolfenstein, a new Evil Within, and maybe some other good surprises. Feels like a good time for Doom and Dishonored 2 DLC, doesn’t it?

Ubisoft - Monday, June 12, 1pm Pacific Time

The folks at Ooobisoft should have lots to show this year. In addition to new Assassin’s Creed and Far Cry games, we should see a lot of South Park: The Fractured But Whole and some other nice surprises.

Sony - Monday, June 12, 6pm Pacific Time

Sony likes sticking to tradition, and the PlayStation showcase is the only E3 press conference that hasn’t moved or changed drastically over the past few years. On Monday night we’ll likely see a lot of new info on games that Sony announced last year: Spider-Man, Days Gone, Uncharted: Lost Legacy, and so on. As always, we can’t wait for the 45-minute block dedicated solely to Vita games.

Nintendo - Tuesday, June 13, 9am Pacific Time

The big N says it will only be talking about 2017 games at this year’s recorded presser—the “Nintendo Spotlight”—but we wouldn’t be surprised to see some teases for 2018 as well. The main course will be Super Mario Odyssey, but we’d expect to see other big Switch games this fall as well. Nintendo also still says that Xenoblade 2 is coming out this year, so maybe E3 is when we’ll hear about the delay.

E3%20South%20Hall.png

E32017showfloor-1024x475.png

Electronic Arts Press Conference
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR1xmwVtU0M[/youtube]

Last edited:
Supposedly Resistance 4 is going to be announced for the PS4. Right now it's just a leaked rumor, but I loved the series on the PS3 and the PSP and Vita games.

I'm looking for two things this year. Info on FF7 remake. And info on Resident Evil 2 remake. lol

With Sony I don't look for them to drop any major surprises this year because we already know about so much. Instead I expect to see more of everything we know like God of War, Days Gone, Detroit:Become Human, Knack 2, Spider Man, GT Sport, FF7 Re make, Hellblade, Shemue 3, Uncharted The Lost Legacy, Ni No Kuni 2, The Last of Us Part 2, Kingdom Hearts 3, and Death Stranding. Plus I'm sure we'll see some of the 3rd party stuff they have partnerships with like Destiny 2, COD WW2, and Battlefront 2. Plus, dont be shocked if we see a gameplay trailer of Red Dead 2 on Sony's stage along with some kind of DLC exclusive deal. PSVR will have a (small) presence at the show, and we'll probably see more of GT Sport VR, Ace Combat 4 VR, along with some new stuff, possibly VR modes announced for Battlefront 2.

With Nintendo I'm sure there will be a huge focus on Super Mario Odyssey. I look for their booth to be centrally themed around Mario, similar to how they did Zelda last year. However I'm sure we'll see more of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Fire Emblem Heroes, both due out later this year. Probably unlikely but I hope we get a surprise or two, namely a new Metroid Prime announced. For some, Nintendo automatically wins E3 if they announce Metroid. Thats how strong their IP branding is. I also hope they talk more about Zelda DLC, virtual console, and their network plans. I also wouldn't be surprised if Super Smash Bros Deluxe is announced at this E3. Pokemon Stars might get announced as well. There's also rumored to be a new Mario RPG that's cross-licensed with the Raving Rabbids characters. LOL sounds weird but I'm anxious to see it.

With MS, obviously the huge focus at this E3 will be Scorpio. We'll get the system unveiling, price, and release date. I'm saying 499.99 and will launch in November but 399.99 wouldnt shock me. I also look for MS to talk in more detail about Game Pass as well. Game wise I look for Sea of Thieves, Crackdown 3, Forza 7, and State of Decay 2 to be the big 4 along with their 3rd party partnerships with Shadow of War, Far Cry 5, Assassins Creed, and Bethesda stuff. Theres also rumor of a Halo 3 Anniversary Edition being announced. It also wouldn't surprise me if VR is announced for Scorpio through a partnership with Oculus Rift along with titles like Forza 7 VR, Minecraft VR and Fallout 4 VR as console exclusives. Even some kind of Halo VR announcement wouldn't surprise me.

Last edited:
I know and realize that it is very highly unlikely​ and basically not gonna happen that Bethesda will say anything about the next Elder Scrolls game. But...if they do I may just ship my pants.

I know and realize that it is very highly unlikely​ and basically not gonna happen that Bethesda will say anything about the next Elder Scrolls game. But...if they do I may just ship my pants.

I think that will be next E3. This E3 I think Bethesda's main focus will be on Fallout 4 VR, more ESO content, and the new Wolfenstein they've been rumored to be working on. Though I wouldn't completely rule out a cinematic trailer tease.

Last edited:
I'm the opposite. I'd be thrilled if no remakes/remasters were announced or made this year.

I understand. But those two games in particular I have been waiting years to be remade. Both have been confirmed. But hardly any info on either. The fact that they are full remakes and not just remasters is why I'm excited for them. Two of my favorite games of all time.

Actually with the Brave Volunteer post, I'm also excited to see more on Last of us 2, Shenmue 3, and maybe Pokémon Stars if that is indeed a thing.

Last edited:
I think that will be next E3. This E3 I think Bethesda's main focus will be on Fallout 4 VR, more ESO content, and the new Wolfenstein they've been rumored to be working on. Though I wouldn't completely rule out a cinematic trailer tease.

Any chance we see an new IP announced with Bethesda? I've heard they are working on a couple major projects but TES6 is still quite some time off.

Any chance we see an new IP announced with Bethesda? I've heard they are working on a couple major projects but TES6 is still quite some time off.

I think they are even further off from their new projects. I don't think we will see a new IP announcement from Bethesda at E3 this year.

Reactions: 1 person
I could get behind this. I always liked the Resistance games.

Even though it was first person, it always seemed like a nice compliment on the PS3 to the Gears of War series on the Xbox 360, since they were about similar premises.

I was hoping after the Gears franchise was brought back Sony would take over the Resistance franchise since Insomniac said they had no plans for making any new games.

Definitely would love an update on RE2, with some gameplay.

Yup. Announced back in August of 2015. Not a single thing since really. Made sense with RE7 as a main focus. But now that RE7 is out and has done well, hopefully something on REmake2. Even if it's just a small teaser, I'd take it at this point.

Yeah, I think we are still 3 years away for the next Elder Scrolls. 2 years at least. But that is my favorite game series by far. Enjoyed Morrowind, Oblivion, and completely loved Skyrim. I didn't get into ESO. Wanted to, but I just don't have the time for an MMO and I just wasn't intrigued by it that much and with ES being an MMO. They will probs talk about a F4 GotY Edition, too. The VR sounds pretty cool, but I don't have a VR set.

I'm a simple. I'm just hoping for announcements of localizations of Dragon Quest X and XI.

Yeah, I think we are still 3 years away for the next Elder Scrolls. 2 years at least. But that is my favorite game series by far. Enjoyed Morrowind, Oblivion, and completely loved Skyrim. I didn't get into ESO. Wanted to, but I just don't have the time for an MMO and I just wasn't intrigued by it that much and with ES being an MMO. They will probs talk about a F4 GotY Edition, too. The VR sounds pretty cool, but I don't have a VR set.

Bethesdas going to have to step up their game though. The Witcher 3 and Horizon Zero Dawn set a new bar for open world fantasy and they managed to do it without anywhere near the bugs/glitches that Skyrim had.

Bethesdas going to have to step up their game though. The Witcher 3 and Horizon Zero Dawn set a new bar for open world fantasy and they managed to do it without anywhere near the bugs/glitches that Skyrim had.

Haven't played Horizon yet. Played some of Witcher last year. It was amazing. I need to get back into it but I just don't have much time for such a time consuming game right now. Lol. I'm so behind on games because I mostly play causal games or short games right now due to lack of time.

I'm sure they will. Some of the bugs in Skyrim were just hilarious. One that happened to me once was I shot an arrow at a dragon. The arrow ended up killing it, but the game acted like the arrow weighted in the tons and the momentum just carried the dragon far off into the distance. That was just too hilarious to watch lol.

Also, not a bug, but that girl in Whiterun that would always come up to you and whine....yeah one day I finally got so annoyed with her that I decided to just attack her. She can't die, but it was fun just firing arrows at her for a little bit and watching her run around.

The Assassin Creed games still have the funniest glitches to me, especially AC 3 and Unity.

Haven't played Horizon yet. Played some of Witcher last year. It was amazing. I need to get back into it but I just don't have much time for such a time consuming game right now. Lol. I'm so behind on games because I mostly play causal games or short games right now due to lack of time.

Would suggest that you make playing Horizon Zero Dawn a priority. One of the best games made in a while.

Would suggest that you make playing Horizon Zero Dawn a priority. One of the best games made in a while.

Did you already beat the campaign? I'm at level 42 and I have gotten a pretty good ways into the main quest but damn, just traversing the map and battling machines is so fun! I often find myself getting sidetracked.

Did you already beat the campaign? I'm at level 42 and I have gotten a pretty good ways into the main quest but damn, just traversing the map and battling machines is so fun! I often find myself getting sidetracked.

I finished up the store and most all the side missions. Great little game. Last few hours of the campaign were starting to become a chore and repetitive. However, the first 20-30ish hours are just fantastic.

VN Store

Back