Call of Duty: WII

Copying Halo didn't work so they're going to copy battlefield lol

Copying Halo didn't work so they're going to copy battlefield lol

Both series started out in WW2, so if anything, they're just going back to the series' roots.

I'm looking forward to this, but honestly, BF's inevitable return to WW2 will probably be better. They seem to have the edge in graphics engine right now, and a WW2 multiplayer experience in 2017 without vehicles (which I assume the new CoD won't have) will just seem weird.

CoD used to be a really good game. They are getting back to what made it popular in the first place. I get it though, hating CoD is the cool thing to do now...

I don't hate it. I ignore it. I haven't bought COD since the first Black Ops. It's not a series that needs to be annualized and for the life of me I can't figure out why some people buy it over and over and over when it's essentially the same experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I don't hate it. I ignore it. I haven't bought COD since the first Black Ops. It's not a series that needs to be annualized and for the life of me I can't figure out why some people buy it over and over and over when it's essentially the same experience.

If you're playing primarily online, and enjoy games modes other than TD, you basically have to get the new game each year because the population falls off so much the older games can't support many playlists. I haven't enjoyed the MP since probably BO2, but I've got high hopes the WWII setting is going to return the series to the boots on the ground gameplay I enjoyed for so many years.

The first Black Ops is still the best. I'm still playing it

My top 3 COD:

1. World at War
2. Modern Warfare
3. Tie between BLOPS and MW2

My top 3 is

1. WaW
2. MW2
3. CoD4

I didn't really get into the BO's, but I know a lot of people loved them. I was a teenager when my top 3 came out, so I invested a lot of time in them lol.

I haven't owned a COD in a long time, but this at least *somewhat* interests me. I read the other day that the co-op in the game is separate from the Single Player campaign, but if the co-op is a tacked on mode with limited gameplay, I don't think I'll pull the trigger on this. If it's got some depth and a decent Single Player story, I might pick this one up.

I haven't owned a COD in a long time, but this at least *somewhat* interests me. I read the other day that the co-op in the game is separate from the Single Player campaign, but if the co-op is a tacked on mode with limited gameplay, I don't think I'll pull the trigger on this. If it's got some depth and a decent Single Player story, I might pick this one up.

I agree. I played though Ghosts and that was meh. Haven't played since then and I started way back when on the original Xbox. Favorites are MW (best story), WaW (still play coop with my son on occasion) and CoD 2 (amazing for the time).

I'm down if only for the era. BF1 would have been so much better set in WWII instead to WWI IMO

Eh. Wasn't impressed. So much source material to choose from and it looks like the video game version of Saving Private Ryan. So far doesn't seem very original. I'll see what the game play mechanics are and what they propose for multiplayer and co-op before I decide.

I'm down if only for the era. BF1 would have been so much better set in WWII instead to WWI IMO

Hopefully that will be next.

BF1 has been a fun change, but ultimately it makes me want to play a WW2 Battlefield with today's technology.

Beta starts Friday for PS4. I think I may go ahead and pre order it. I haven't played a COD game since ghost. Hopeful this one will be decent.

Use to play cod a lot but switch to battlefield.latley I have been playing modern warfare remastered though

VN Store

Back