MS to offer digital refunds on Xbox and Windows 10 purchases

Just saw this feature added in my preview program. 14 days and 2 hours is enough time to figure out if most games are worth the price of admission.

Just saw this feature added in my preview program. 14 days and 2 hours is enough time to figure out if most games are worth the price of admission.

I suspect that will be shortened at some point. Otherwise gamers are going to treat this as a a rental system.

This is another nail in physical media's coffin.

Last edited:
Too little, too late MS. I like it, but MS did way too much damage to their customer base with their current gen launch IMO.

Too little, too late MS. I like it, but MS did way too much damage to their customer base with their current gen launch IMO.

For me it's not even that. It's the fact they just dont have enough exclusives that appeal to me. Forza is great but it and Killer Instinct were the only things I really played on my X1. I'm so over Halo and I never was a big Gears fan. If MS ever shows a real commitment to delivering high quality exclusives again, I'll be there. I'd love to see that happen because Scorpio looks beastly. But I'm not spending 500.00 for a 3rd party machine.

Last edited:
I suspect that will be shortened at some point. Otherwise gamers are going to treat this as a a rental system.

This is another nail in physical media's coffin.

It's the same policy Steam has. I'm sure it will lead to some people taking advantage of it, but it's a damn good value for the consumer, and will once again push Sony and Nintendo to do the same. Everyone wins. I wish I could get a refund on a few. I'm looking at you Resident Evil 6 on Xbox and Overwatch on PS4...

Last edited:
It's the same policy Steam has. I'm sure it will lead to some people taking advantage of it, but it's a damn good value for the consumer, and will once again push Sony and Nintendo to do the same. Everyone wins. I wish I could get a refund on a few. I'm looking at you Resident Evil 6 on Xbox and Overwatch on PS4...

Star Wars Battlefront
Street Fighter V
No Man's Sky

I would've asked for refunds on all 3 of those if this policy was in place. Now granted, I did contact Sony's customer support on NMS and they did end up crediting me for the price of the game that I could apply to a different game. But it required more hoops to jump through than a policy like this would've required.

Star Wars Battlefront
Street Fighter V
No Man's Sky

I would've asked for refunds on all 3 of those if this policy was in place. Now granted, I did contact Sony's customer support on NMS and they did end up crediting me for the price of the game that I could apply to a different game. But it required more hoops to jump through than a policy like this would've required.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Battlefront. That would've been nice to get a refund on too. I heard NMS buyers got refunds for a limited time. But yeah, that's $180 you could've got back!

Nice feature.

MS had done some good things. I saw where Black Ops 2 became backwards compatible this week.

VN Store

Back