Call of Duty WW2 (2017) Rumor

Volumnus 2011

WE LANDED ON THE MOON!
If this is true, and the game is about WW2, are you buying it, or have you given up on the series?

This is a lot less exciting considering battlefield just did it.

Eh Battlefield did WW1. WW2 is a little different because I feel like people remember that war and the Nazi thing resonates with people. The old CoD games were a lot better than the current BF imo.

And for that matter the only reason I bought this BF is because it had that old WW1 setting. I prefer that style of play over double jumping and jetpacks and super high tech weapons. I know im not the only one.

Eh Battlefield did WW1. WW2 is a little different because I feel like people remember that war and the Nazi thing resonates with people. The old CoD games were a lot better than the current BF imo.

And for that matter the only reason I bought this BF is because it had that old WW1 setting. I prefer that style of play over double jumping and jetpacks and super high tech weapons. I know im not the only one.

I agree on all points. I guess what I mean is it felt like everyone was waiting for a next gen game to go back in time and when it happened it feels like it's been burnt out of our system.

I don't see how this series can go back to WW2 without

A) Doing an absolutely disgraceful job of representing the conflict in a reasonably accurate fashion

-or-

B) Alienating the laugh tracks and fart jokes crowd that's become their base

I don't see how this series can go back to WW2 without

A) Doing an absolutely disgraceful job of representing the conflict in a reasonably accurate fashion

-or-

B) Alienating the laugh tracks and fart jokes crowd that's become their base

I hope to see a return to this sort of COD, but as someone who has continued to play the series with friends, I can say that the community (while toxic at times), isn't full of screaming kids like it is depicted. Most of the player base doesn't use a mic or they stay in party chats with friends. What hate mail I've received has been from grown ass men, usually calling me a cuck. This may not be representative of everyone's experience, but I don't know one kid I teach that plays the series anymore - they all have migrated to BF1 (which explains why everyone tries to be an elite sniper and never revives me), GTA5, Destiny, etc.

In fairness the good Battlefield community that is recollected fondly was before EA took over DICE and made them chase COD.

Gaijoob makes a better game than either

VN Store

Back