Destiny 2 (PS4 PS4 Pro Xbone PC)

I'm really not happy with this. Likely won't purchase. As someone that was told this would be a "10 year game" and invested thousand(s?) of hours of game time only to have it washed away by a new title...It's crap and Bungie is a joke of a company.

Yes, I'm mad bro lol

Reactions: 1 person
I'm really not happy with this. Likely won't purchase. As someone that was told this would be a "10 year game" and invested thousand(s?) of hours of game time only to have it washed away by a new title...It's crap and Bungie is a joke of a company.

Yes, I'm mad bro lol

This seems silly to me. It's a new game. You start over. Otherwise, you plow through the new content in a day and have nothing to do. I welcome a reset.

Mad you won't have the same guns to start D2 so you can drop it 2 minutes later when you get new gear?

Blows my mind people expected to just keep going and have new players 3 years behind.

This seems silly to me. It's a new game. You start over. Otherwise, you plow through the new content in a day and have nothing to do. I welcome a reset.

Mad you won't have the same guns to start D2 so you can drop it 2 minutes later when you get new gear?

Blows my mind people expected to just keep going and have new players 3 years behind.

Do you play MMORPG's? Because that's exactly how it works. When the original Destiny was unveiled, Bungie presented it as an MMO shooter with RPG elements. When they said they had a 10 year plan with Destiny, virtually everyone was under the impression that meant releasing the base game and then build on the universe from there. Exactly the same way most MMO's are handled.

Did you miss the devs, from day 1, saying it's not an MMO?

They could keep pumping out updates. I can see your point.

This isn't WoW. I guess that disappoints you. It's fine with me. I'm fine starting over on a refresh of the game. Scrape the engine and start over with years more experience.

Destiny is unique. No problem with them not following tradition in my book. If it was 10 years of add on and updates like the last 2 years there's no way it lasts another 7 yrs. It just wouldn't in its current state.

But, I do see your point although I think you're going a little overboard.

This isn't WoW. I guess that disappoints you. It's fine with me. I'm fine starting over on a refresh of the game. Scrape the engine and start over with years more experience.

Destiny is unique. No problem with them not following tradition in my book. If it was 10 years of add on and updates like the last 2 years there's no way it lasts another 7 yrs. It just wouldn't in its current state.

No other grind based game is less rewarding than destiny to return players. They literally are dumping on what has kept the original version going this long. I'm fine with it, the new red dead comes out during the same time, free market and all that jazz, but they marketed the game wrong and I hope they take the hit they have coming to them.

Destiny is unique. No problem with them not following tradition in my book. If it was 10 years of add on and updates like the last 2 years there's no way it lasts another 7 yrs. It just wouldn't in its current state..

That's the thing though. If Bungie had released the game in the state it should have been to begin with, it could have lasted much longer. Instead they chopped the game up and decided to charge full price for a portion of it and then monetize the **** out of the remaining pieces.

The whole Destiny 1 is an alpha is so played out. They made tons of money and we all played the hell out of it. I don't think they did too bad.

D2 should be better. The last year of Destiny has been absolutely awful. Let's put that game to pastor and cook up something new.

Red Dead should be great. I don't see it launching this year but that's just a guess. I'll also guess you'll be back playing the **** out of Destiny 2 as well.

See you then.

I'm actually stoked they are releasing D2. It gives me a fresh start to get back into Destiny. I absolutely loved it, but once it came to how much they were pumping out I got left in the dust by everyone else that spent money every time.

I'm actually stoked they are releasing D2. It gives me a fresh start to get back into Destiny. I absolutely loved it, but once it came to how much they were pumping out I got left in the dust by everyone else that spent money every time.

And you don't think the same thing will happen with part 2?

The whole Destiny 1 is an alpha is so played out. They made tons of money and we all played the hell out of it. I don't think they did too bad.

It may be played out but it doesn't change the fact that's exactly what happened. Bungie wanted to release a more complete game but Activision either forced or convinced them to withhold content so it could be sold as expansions. Everyone kept playing because admittedly, the gameplay was on point. It was definitely fun. Plus you have to remember when Destiny came out there wasn't a whole hell of a lot to play on the current consoles and it had less to compete with. That's not the case now so Bungie had better bring it this time around if they hope to win back a lot of gamers that have moved on to other games.

Last edited:
Name the last wildly successful mmorpg on a console?

There isnt one because the business model of the console market is at odds with the longevity of games like this.

Name the last wildly successful mmorpg on a console?

There isnt one because the business model of the console market is at odds with the longevity of games like this.

Final Fantasy 14. Still going strong on PS4. Elder Scrolls Online is apparently doing fairly well too.

I'm assuming when he says "wildly successful" he means cod type success (or close to). There isn't one, but there also isn't a great sample size.

It's also still a fairly new concept on consoles. People were playing games like Ultima Online, Everquest, Anarchy Online, etc on PC starting in the mid 90's.

The big hurdle for MMO's on console is most gamers don't like the idea of having to pay a monthly subscription when they're already paying a yearly online network fee plus internet.

https://twitter.com/DestinyTheGame/status/846406524347940871

22Hvgjp.jpg

Can't keep my guns that will be useless after one mission...no thanks...money grabbing destiny producers

PC Confirmed

Beta in June

Gameplay premiere on May 18th

Launches Sept 8th

The city is destroyed and everything is lost. Guardians have to battle a new force called Red Legion lead by Ghaul.

Couple of tidbits from pre-order pages:

Born in the City, Hawthorne left as a teen to seek a life of freedom in the wilderness outside the safety of our walls. She has survived for years outside of GuardiansÂ’ protection, and has come to learn her true purpose: To provide shelter to humanity by helping them not only survive, but lead a better way of life.

HumanityÂ’s last safe city has fallen to an overwhelming invasion force, led by Ghaul, the imposing commander of the brutal Red Legion. He has stripped the cityÂ’s Guardians of their power, and forced the survivors to flee. You will venture to mysterious, unexplored worlds of our solar system to discover an arsenal of weapons and devastating new combat abilities. To defeat the Red Legion and confront Ghaul, you must reunite humanityÂ’s scattered heroes, stand together, and fight back to reclaim our home."

VN Store

Back