Project Cars 2 (PS4/XBONE/PC)

BearCat204

Shitters Full
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSi75Zd57oU[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YrrK92fQmk[/youtube]

Project CARS 2 looks to go the extra mile, simulating seasonal changes as well. The system appears to have the ability to generate water puddles over time when it’s raining, which will make track evolution a challenging factor for endurance racing.
The full list of new-to-franchise cars spotted so far:
  • 2017 Ford GT
  • 2016 McLaren P1 GTR
  • 2016 Mercedes-AMG C63 Coupé
  • 2016 Lamborghini Huracan LP620-2 Super Trofeo
  • 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor
  • 1984 Ferrari 288 GTO
  • 2016 MINI RX Supercar
  • 1979 Porsche 935 K3
  • Datsun 240Z Race Car (seemingly inspired by the Team Phalanx car)
  • 1994 Jaguar XJ220S

Reactions: 1 person
How in the world would you compare the two especially seeing as this won't be out for another year?

I have the first one on PS4. I thought considering it was this company's first attempt and was a crowd-funded project, the game turned out quite good after the patches. It looks gorgeous and I think it stands up very well to Forza 6 in this regard. It took me a little time and research to dial in the right control settings for my taste, but once I did that the game was a lot of fun to play.

I hope for the second game they are able to come up with a good default control setting for controllers and wheels, so as to eliminate all the trial and error on the user end. I understand they were aiming to put more customization in the hands of gear heads but there needs to be a default 'training wheels' mode for us novices who don't want to be bothered with all that.

Also, the first game lacked an identity IMO. I think part of this was because the game gave you everything up front. There was no real feeling of progression or that you were accomplishing anything. Overall though I thought it was a solid first effort. I look forward to the sequel to see what kind of strides they make from the first game to the second one.

I doubt I will play it considering I have room for only one racer and don't see anything that would make it not be GT Sport

I doubt I will play it considering I have room for only one racer and don't see anything that would make it not be GT Sport

I'm not convinced GT Sport makes it out this year. I mean, I hope it does but I'm not optimistic given Polyphony's reputation.

Got this game on its way too me. Will be playing on xbox with a Logitech G920.

VN Store

Back