For Honor

Creeker

VP of Drunken Relations
Anyone else get a beta key and going to be playing this weekend? Excited to try it, but I've not had much fun with recent Ubisoft games hoping I like this one.

Open Beta going on until late Sunday night. No code or anything needed. I'm giving it a shot for the first time in just a second. It just finished downloading.

Played it last night. Finally eased into the controls and got a lot better than I started, but it is still pretty chaotic and takes a bit to get used to the timing. If you're outnumbered it's basically all she wrote. Had more fun than most Ubisoft games, though. It's still going to be a wait for the first sale game for me, but it's got at least some depth to it.

So I'm into Vikings and knights and really have been waiting for this one. I'm going to have to pass when it comes out. It's an ok game, but it just didn't do anything for me. I get where they are trying to go, but everything seems off. The upgrade system and all of the ui is confusing in a way and the battles just don't feel right. I agree once a team decides they're going to put a few guys on you it's done. I'm sure if I practiced I could get better at the battles but I honestly don't want to put enough time into this one because I just don't like it enough to sink that time in.

So I'm into Vikings and knights and really have been waiting for this one. I'm going to have to pass when it comes out. It's an ok game, but it just didn't do anything for me. I get where they are trying to go, but everything seems off. The upgrade system and all of the ui is confusing in a way and the battles just don't feel right. I agree once a team decides they're going to put a few guys on you it's done. I'm sure if I practiced I could get better at the battles but I honestly don't want to put enough time into this one because I just don't like it enough to sink that time in.

So what you're saying is it's another typical Ubisoft game.

So what you're saying is it's another typical Ubisoft game.

Kind of yeah. It's about what you would expect. Amazing graphics, actual decent gameplay and controls, just... SOMETHING drags it down. I can't put my finger on it but I can't make myself like it enough to want to buy it or even play it a lot. It can't be the subject matter because I love the medieval times and whatnot. Every time I get into a decent little fight the whole team swamps me and you just have to run and run and run some more to stay alive. It's cat and mouse.

Just read a new article that explains what I'm talking about pretty well.

"The Bad: Things can get very confusing here. The game’s signature mode appears to be Dominion, a king of the hill variant with MOBA elements in the form of AI soldiers that clash in the middle. But all those soldiers can make things difficult to follow as you try to single human opponents out from soldiers and make out the onscreen directional indicators amidst the morass. Same goes for scoring, which always appears to be relatively straightforward — you get points for holding territory like in other, similar modes — and then a bunch of weird stuff happens, you lose track of things, teams start “breaking” and everything just sort of unravels. There may be bugs here, but the game does launch in 4 days."

Last edited:
Kind of yeah. It's about what you would expect. Amazing graphics, actual decent gameplay and controls, just... SOMETHING drags it down. I can't put my finger on it but I can't make myself like it enough to want to buy it or even play it a lot. It can't be the subject matter because I love the medieval times and whatnot. Every time I get into a decent little fight the whole team swamps me and you just have to run and run and run some more to stay alive. It's cat and mouse.

"The Bad: Things can get very confusing here. The game’s signature mode appears to be Dominion, a king of the hill variant with MOBA elements in the form of AI soldiers that clash in the middle. But all those soldiers can make things difficult to follow as you try to single human opponents out from soldiers and make out the onscreen directional indicators amidst the morass. Same goes for scoring, which always appears to be relatively straightforward — you get points for holding territory like in other, similar modes — and then a bunch of weird stuff happens, you lose track of things, teams start “breaking” and everything just sort of unravels. There may be bugs here, but the game does launch in 4 days."

Ubisoft games always seem to feel like they are put together by committee. They always seem clinical or sterile. They're gorgeous to look at but seem to have no soul. None of the characters in Ubisoft games are memorable either. They have no substance. Unfortunately I'm getting the same vibe from Mass Effect Andromeda. I hope to God I'm wrong because I love that series but there's something about the new one that just seems off to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

I played the beta this morning. Everything in the bad column sums up my experience.

If anyone has already started playing it is the single player campaign any count? I'm not really into pvp games so unless it's alright I'll probably pass on it and not bother renting it

If anyone has already started playing it is the single player campaign any count? I'm not really into pvp games so unless it's alright I'll probably pass on it and not bother renting it

I can't imagine the focus is on a single player campaign. Like COD or BF, it is supposed to have an 8-10 hour campaign, and the early reviews aren't too excited about it. Like every Ubisoft game, it will be $20-30 in a couple of months.

I can't imagine the focus is on a single player campaign. Like COD or BF, it is supposed to have an 8-10 hour campaign, and the early reviews aren't too excited about it. Like every Ubisoft game, it will be $20-30 in a couple of months.

Yeah at most for me it was a rent it Friday and beat it by Sunday type of game but if the single player campaign was trash then I wasn't going to worry about it

Heads up for anyone that was in the same boat as me which probably isn't a lot but the single player campaign isn't that bad but it's not great either. It's basically like BF1 where they make you play as everyone so you know what you want in the pvp

Looking at the videos online, it seems really repetitive but it does look like fun.

VN Store

Back