MLB The Show 17 (PS4 03/28/17)

BearCat204

Shitters Full
New hairstyles made it into the game (Shown in the new AA locker room).
Road to The Show will feature a new non-linear decision making system, which will allow you to make big decisions that matter.
More player and team specific personality will be included in this year's game.
Spin of the ball off of the bat has been greatly improved with new hit types like curving hits down the line.
Four new Historical Stadiums are included in the game. (Old Yankee Stadium, Hubert H. Humphry Metrodome, Shea Stadium, Sun Life Stadium) - Nice detective work 13SM13!
All batter walkups in Diamond Dynasty will show the player card types on screen.
Show Track allows for some new presentational elements in this year's game.
More player specific home run swings.
Both Ken Griffey Jr. and Ken Griffey Sr. will be on the legends roster for MLB The Show 17.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWN55cMP_5A[/youtube]

Retro mode is pretty much a one-button mode, but with surprising depth, and all the new animations, gameplay additions, and improvements found in the regular version of the game.

For example, in an effort to simplify the batter vs. pitcher battle, we’ve taken all the pitching attributes out and boiled them down to velocity, break, and control. Because there is no high and low in the strike zone, you have three pitches at your disposal that you can trigger with the touch of one button. To throw a fastball you hold down on the left analog stick and press X. To throw a changeup you hold up on the left analog stick and press X. And to throw a slider you press to the left or right on the left analog stick after the pitch is released.

One of the wrinkles we’ve added is that velocity is controlled by holding down or up on the analog stick just before the pitcher releases. In closing, you choose velocity before the pitch is thrown and you can affect movement (left or right) after the pitch is thrown.

attachment.php

Man I wish this franchise would go to a "service" model where they release the initial game and then every year charge for like a 20.00 DLC update. It's still a great game but I get so tired of paying full price every year for what boils down to a few new features and roster updates.

Could be said for just about every single sports title out there

Yeah, pretty much. I feel like, for this generation anyway, MLB The Show has hit its ceiling. Now they're just throwing whatever they can into it to make it seem new and fresh.

SCEA will be releasing their first VLOG on MLB 17 today. Hoping to see new player models and exactly what this new "grass tech" is. Hoping they fix the turfs in the game that now look like a green washed out parking lot.

On the fence for this one, Diamond Dynasty was a really fun mode, online play was great, but I'm wary of sports games as they're more or less rinse/repeat.

I'm interested to see what they say, I eally had a blast with it last year.

The deep dive is actually today, but I'm not going to sit around watching twitch at dinner time. I'll wait for the OS nerds to digest it.

I wish they would find a way to (slippery slope I know) nerf bunting for hits online, or have the AI react better to the ball before the human takes over.

It's not an "all the time" issue but when there's prizes on the line there's always a douche who looks for exploits.

I do love how it's quite easy to build a competitive team with a little effort, and the auction system basically kills any opportunity for collusion; Ramone has done a great job there.

The deep dive is actually today, but I'm not going to sit around watching twitch at dinner time. I'll wait for the OS nerds to digest it.

I wish they would find a way to (slippery slope I know) nerf bunting for hits online, or have the AI react better to the ball before the human takes over.

It's not an "all the time" issue but when there's prizes on the line there's always a douche who looks for exploits.

I do love how it's quite easy to build a competitive team with a little effort, and the auction system basically kills any opportunity for collusion; Ramone has done a great job there.

Not sure that they have been able to fix this for this year. They spoke to it in the first stream last week, but said they are still working it. I think they do notice that it is something that really needs to be addressed.

Seems like they've tried to do some work on a few BS online issues, lineup stacking and some bunt cheese crap.

About time they made RTTS deeper with off the field stuff.

PAVE YOUR PATH IN ROAD TO THE SHOW
  • For the first time, Road to The Show takes you beyond the walls of the stadium with Pave Your Path.
  • Take your character on an epic odyssey through the world of a professional MLB player. Control your career and write your own Hall of Fame story both on and off the field.
  • Interact with coaches, managers, representatives and more as you make off-the-field decisions that can affect your career in unpredictable ways.
  • CHOOSE WISELY. Anything is possible on the Road to The Show, but nothing is promised.
FRANCHISE MODE - MORE CONTROL, LESS TIME
  • Make your moves and plan your perfect strategy as you take control of an entire MLB franchise. Choose what tactics to employ and where. Take over Coaching, Player Development, and GM duties. Or easily have your staff auto manage them with the flick of a toggle.
FRANCHISE LAUNCH PAD PUTS YOU IN CONTROL OF HOW MUCH TIME YOU SPEND PLAYING AND HOW YOU RUN YOUR TEAM.
  • CRITICAL SITUATIONS prompts you to take the plate in late-inning, critical situations so you have a direct effect on the standings even without playing full games. You’ll also get prompted to complete statistically significant games like hitting for the cycle or no-hitters.
  • QUICK MANAGE puts you in complete control of all managerial decisions during a game, while finishing full games in a short amount of time. Jump back and forth between gameplay and Quick Manage and only play in what you decide are the most important at-bats.
  • IF YOU’D PREFER TO SHUN RESPONSIBILITY AND JUST HIT SOME HOMERS, the updated Player Lock makes it easier than ever to pick a player on your team and play short Road to The Show style games in Franchise Mode.

About time they made RTTS deeper with off the field stuff.

I'm sure they did a good job of it, but after a few times I usually find myself getting aggravated that I have to deal with crap instead of playing.

Threw 16 back in to get back in the groove, my dynamic difficulty was at hall of fame and i sucked for the first dozen RTTS games. Starting to pick it up now on all star.

Ramone and his team are the best in the business as far as community interaction and listening to folks, can't wait for 17.

I'm sure they did a good job of it, but after a few times I usually find myself getting aggravated that I have to deal with crap instead of playing.

Threw 16 back in to get back in the groove, my dynamic difficulty was at hall of fame and i sucked for the first dozen RTTS games. Starting to pick it up now on all star.

Ramone and his team are the best in the business as far as community interaction and listening to folks, can't wait for 17.
Yeah not sure if I'm getting it on release yet since I am in 2023 in my Braves franchise. It will all depend on what I hear with the franchise stream.

Basically didn't touch franchise so I highly doubt I will be buying this at release...........first time in a long, long time.

I'd like to play this one but not sure I'd get $60 worth out if it.

I'm a big fan of sports games. I get NBA 2K, FIFA and the Show every year (don't play Madden I think it's a crap game). I get the most play time out of the Show. Once community rosters drop, you can run dynasties with real prospects being promoted for years and they also have been focusing a lot more attention on the online aspect which I find more enjoyable than 2Ks and right there with FIFA.

The Diamond Dynasty is great if you're into ultimate team type games, that's what keeps it fresh for me. Road to the Show and Franchise become repetitive and tedious to me, even though without a doubt the game is excellent, it's just blah after a while.

The Diamond Dynasty is great if you're into ultimate team type games, that's what keeps it fresh for me. Road to the Show and Franchise become repetitive and tedious to me, even though without a doubt the game is excellent, it's just blah after a while.

Just like marriage.

VN Store

Back