Resident Evil 7 biohazard (PC, PS4, Xbox)

G0 BIG 0RANGE

Anybody play this yet? The reviews seem positive at an 86 on Metacritic. That's the 4th highest rated entry behind 4, 1, and 2 (although I'd rank those three in reverse).

Anybody play this yet? The reviews seem positive at an 86 on Metacritic. That's the 4th highest rated entry behind 4, 1, and 2 (although I'd rank those three in reverse).

I hear that the game is good in standard mode but is "next level" in VR. They say it's terrifying in VR!

I hear that the game is good in standard mode but is "next level" in VR. They say it's terrifying in VR!

Yeah, that's what Gamespot said. The only downside they mentioned is that the graphics are downgraded while in VR. Regardless, that's too stressful for me lol

I'm pretty pumped. I'm a huge RE fan and I was skeptical of the first person and more "Silent Hill" feel but I really liked the demo. I probably still won't pick it up until later this week, but I'm definitely getting it.

Yeah, that's what Gamespot said. The only downside they mentioned is that the graphics are downgraded while in VR. Regardless, that's too stressful for me lol

I tried the demo in VR last week. Thought the graphics were fine. As you say, way to stressful hearing sounds behind you, being able to turn 360 degrees and look around.

Remember playing the original on PS1. The rules were you played in pairs, lights had to stay on, and whoever didn't have the controller had to hold the baseball bat.

I fear I would pee myself seeing the VR version.

This game is a 10 out of 10 I'd give it a 10000 if I could. It's back to what resident evil should be. It's absolutely terrifying, must buy if you enjoy horror games it's better than outlast

I only played RE5, not being able to move and aim killed that game for me. I won't even consider this one if that is still the case.

I only played RE5, not being able to move and aim killed that game for me. I won't even consider this one if that is still the case.

This is game is MUCH different than that game. I don't know if you can't or not (probably can) but this game isn't anywhere close to as action oriented as the past 3 main games.

This game is back to old school resident evil the action oriented resident evil games are a disgrace. I recommend playing the old ones then this one.

I remember on RE2 back in the day on PS1, the one where you go to the police station. I played that so much as a kid. Walking down the hallways where the zombies would reach out and grab you would freak me the hell out. That game used to give me nightmares lol.

I remember on RE2 back in the day on PS1, the one where you go to the police station. I played that so much as a kid. Walking down the hallways where the zombies would reach out and grab you would freak me the hell out. That game used to give me nightmares lol.

The first time I played it was at night with the lights out and it was stormy outside, and I was home by myself. The police station freaked me out when the licker showed up.

The first one terrified me. It came out when I was about 10 years old. A friend and I would rent it on weekends and could only play for about 30 minutes at a time. Now it's funny to watch videos of it. The voice acting is so bad and the graphics are so grainy that it's hard to imagine that it was ever scary.

What's the banned footage DLC they have up in the PS store for this, anybody seen it?

That's the first single player DLC they announced. It comes to the PS4 first.

That's pretty quick to get it out after launch; which means it's probably on the disk and you're paying to unlock it.

Last edited:
I'm about 3 hours into the game.

I still don't care for the first person aspect, but other than that, I'm really liking the game. It feels like an old school RE game, instead of the action games we've had from RE4 on (with the exception of the Revelation games, they aren't as bad). Though I will admit the first person works in a lot of areas, and I generally get creeped out having to walk through the house, not knowing what's around the corner. I can only imagine the game in VR.

VN Store

Back