Nier Automata (PS4)

Brave Volunteer

Tried out the demo this morning. This game is the tits! I thought it was a basic JRPG but it's more akin to games like Devil May Cry and Bayonetta. Mechanics are terrific and final boss battle was killer!

Last edited:
Downloaded this game last night. I'm telling you guys, don't sleep on this game. It's damn fun and it's currently sitting at 89 on Metacritic, same as Horizon Zero Dawn.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJxNhJ8fjFk[/youtube]

I watched a lot of streams the last couple weeks since it released overseas. Solid game. A bit strange, but looked fun and pretty polished.

Picked this up yesterday. Awesome game. It's the SE RPG that FFXV should've been.

I watched a lot of streams the last couple weeks since it released overseas. Solid game. A bit strange, but looked fun and pretty polished.

It does seem weird but it's getting a lot of hype.

Fans of JRPG's are going to be loving the next few months with Nier Automata, Persona 5, Dragon Quest Heroes 2, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, and Ni No Kuni 2 all coming soon.

Fans of JRPG's are going to be loving the next few months with Nier Automata, Persona 5, Dragon Quest Heroes 2, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, and Ni No Kuni 2 all coming soon.

Didn't care for Dragon Quest Heroes (not a fan of Dynasty Warrior stuff), but those others are going to be great. Dragon Quest 10 and 11 are around the corner too.

I'm not sure that I would call this a JRPG. The best way I can think to describe it is 3D Castlevania Symphony of the Night with better combat and an open world. But its so hard to even pigeon hole it to that, cause there's elements from other genres too (such as side scrolling and top down shooters).

Such a great game. My favorite game of this generation. The story is immense. Kinda like Blade Runner, but it does a better job of getting the point across IMO.

And I'm not gonna lie. The chick has an amazing arse lol.

I got it and have played a little..........pretty darn good so far.

Be sure to get at least endings A thru E. Each route (or playthru) is different, so it's not like doing the same thing over again.

I'm not sure that I would call this a JRPG. The best way I can think to describe it is 3D Castlevania Symphony of the Night with better combat and an open world. But its so hard to even pigeon hole it to that, cause there's elements from other genres too (such as side scrolling and top down shooters).

Yeah I hear you. However that is what it's classified as.

Such a great game. My favorite game of this generation. The story is immense. Kinda like Blade Runner, but it does a better job of getting the point across IMO.

And I'm not gonna lie. The chick has an amazing arse lol.

Be sure to get at least endings A thru E. Each route (or playthru) is different, so it's not like doing the same thing over again.

The Souls games are straight up 3D SotN too. I really liked the first Nier. It was weird, but fun. I'll pick this up on sale for sure.

Found out Nier Automata has been ported to Xbox One.

Heard so much good stuff about it I downloaded it tonight, but haven't played any yet.

Found out Nier Automata has been ported to Xbox One.

Heard so much good stuff about it I downloaded it tonight, but haven't played any yet.

I'm planning to get it, as well. I have an Xbox One X, and my 4k projector is coming Monday.

Phil said he was going to bring more Japanese publishers to Xbox. If these games are ported to PC, there is no reason why they can’t be ported to Xbox. I’m glad people are buying it, too. It was number 3 or so behind FIFA and Fortnite in last week’s digital downloads. Hopefully we can get more of these titles.

VN Store

Back