Death Stranding (new game by Hideo Kojima)

Brave Volunteer

It's just a cinematic and looks weird as hell. However I'm sure it will be great, as all Kojima games are.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2R0DVErVE0[/youtube]

Is this that game with Norman Reedus as the protagonist?

Hmmmm... I didn't see del Torro or Junji Ito listed in the accreditations. It Is a super weird trailer, so I have no clue what it's about. I really hope Ito is involved as Art director like he was supposed to be in Silent Hills, because I want a game that makes adult diapers viable.

Coming November 8th!

I'm glad I made the switch from Xbone to PS4. I feel like most games are overhyped today, and this one certainly has high expectations set for it, but it looks really cool so far.

Super happy that single player, story based games seem to be making a comeback.

I'm glad I made the switch from Xbox to PS4...

Super happy that single player, story based games seem to be making a comeback.

The thing is, for PlayStation owners they never really left. We've been playing cinematic single player games like this since the PS2 era with games like Metal Gear 2&3, Silent Hill 2, God of War, ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, etc.

Meanwhile, back at the Microsoft headquarter...

"Well, at least we have Halo."

On that note, nobody wants Xbox to succeed like I do. I really want a reason to play it again.

Need to see more combat, looks too much like a walking simulator (from only what I have seen thus far)

Agreed on the most elaborate looking walking simulator to date!

Also, we going to get the standard 1 hour cut-scenes, walk to another room with another hour cut-scene pacing that Hideo loves? Can't wait to sit through those.

Agreed on the most elaborate looking walking simulator to date!

Also, we going to get the standard 1 hour cut-scenes, walk to another room with another hour cut-scene pacing that Hideo loves? Can't wait to sit through those.

I'm not familiar with his games, but I dont like what you described. One of my problems with RDR2 was the amount and length of cut scenes.

Graphics and story look great so far though.

New trailer introducing a new character with a rather interesting affliction...

Also box art has been revealed...

1564275152049.png

I still have no idea what this game is actually about. Watched at least an hour of commentary, trailers, and breakdowns. Even some game play. No idea what is going on.

New Gamescom trailer. I STILL have no freaking clue what this game is about!

New character "Mama" is revealed.

Liked because I too have no clue what is going on in this game. What you are doing, what it is supposed to be, etc. No clue.

New gameplay from TGS plus a briefing trailer to better explain what the game is. Looks great! My initial fears have melted! I think the game looks awesome. I'm still going to wait and play it on PS5.

Last edited:
People are streaming it today. Doesn't look like a game for me. It does look interesting and the story probably gets pretty weird and creepy. Walking and backpack balancing simulator.

People are streaming it today. Doesn't look like a game for me. It does look interesting and the story probably gets pretty weird and creepy. Walking and backpack balancing simulator.
Evidently if you get through the first 4 hours without giving up on the game its excellent past that point for the next 50 hours or so.

I haven't played this game as I don't have a PS4, but I've watched streams of it and have to say obviously it's not for everyone, it's a very different kind of game. But I personally love the fact that it's different. No it's not a perfect game but actual imagination and creativity went into designing it. We don't need another card game, or a battle royale, or another crappy first person shooter trying to copy other games. It'd be nice if game studios could kind of follow in Kojima's footsteps with this game and take a risk and try something new for once

Evidently if you get through the first 4 hours without giving up on the game its excellent past that point for the next 50 hours or so.
First 2 hours was about 1 hour of video. But it really looks great and like the music. It has an entire atmosphere that is enjoyable. Take a poof, turn the lights out, settle in and enjoy.

After the first few hours, video is less and missions are longer. Then you get vehicles, so they get quicker again. I can see why people may not enjoy it, but I can think it's pretty fascinating and it has a pretty clear message which you can choose to lean into, or not.

Reactions: BearCat204
I'll probably pick it up after a price drop.
Yeah it seemed expensive for a game with mixed love/hate reviews. So what I did was rent it from redbox - 3 nights for $7 to trial it. And really you could probably do this 2 or 3 times over a few weekends if you like it and squeeze most of the game out of it for $21 or less.

Kojima does some of the weirdest things.

For instance, this game starts off with a few narrated lines in a cut scene, then the camera pans up at the sky, and you see the game title in the sky, “Death Stranding.” Pretty normal stuff.

Then you play through 30 minutes of the game, a really intense cut scene plays out, your main character walks up to a shore line.... there it is again.... “Death Stranding” appears at the top of the screen just over the water line.

It’s like he forgot he already did a title scene 30 minutes ago. Or he just wanted to do a second one? Little weird stuff like that is just so indicative of a Kojima game.

Reactions: Devo182
This is the summary my buddy gave me this morning. Said the first few hours he was like "this game sucks", then he said something changes/happens and now he can't quit playing.

Reactions: BearCat204

VN Store

Back