Xim4

tweezervol

Anyone have any experience with a Xim4 on Xbone? I'm considering getting one along with a logitech g502 mouse and g13 keyboard.

Just curious if anyone has made the switch from controller to mouse/keyboard.

I'm hoping it will help with accuracy on FPSs.

Anyone have any experience with a Xim4 on Xbone? I'm considering getting one along with a logitech g502 mouse and g13 keyboard.

Just curious if anyone has made the switch from controller to mouse/keyboard.

I'm hoping it will help with accuracy on FPSs.

Just watched a video of one being used. Never heard of it before. What's your gamertag so I know when to back out of the lobby? Lol

Reactions: 1 person
Buddy of mine got one a few months ago. I've been tempted to order one myself. I grew up on KB/M setups.

If they were $50 cheaper, I'd already have one.

His works well. Only problem he had (and maybe he's figured it out now) was joining a party with chat. He'd have to sign in a second account for chat.

He recommends it. I'll probably pick one up sometime soon.

Not sure if there are sales on this right now, but typically Amazon is $10 or $20 higher than ordering direct.

Yeah, Amazon is at 150 now, but xim charges a 20% restocking fee for returns, so it's close to a wash if I get it and return it (plus with Prime life is easy). If I pull the trigger I'm guessing I'm in for about $300 with mouse and keyboard.

Now that I say that, seems pretty steep.

If I do get it I'll let you know if it helps my KD ratio.

Yeah, Amazon is at 150 now, but xim charges a 20% restocking fee for returns, so it's close to a wash if I get it and return it (plus with Prime life is easy). If I pull the trigger I'm guessing I'm in for about $300 with mouse and keyboard.

Now that I say that, seems pretty steep.

If I do get it I'll let you know if it helps my KD ratio.

Only going to immediately help if you have used keyboard and mouse extensively before. If not you're going to hate it for a month.

Got the setup. It took a bit to set up, but the instructions were straight forward, took maybe 20 minutes.

Definitely going to take some getting used to, but I'm already getting more kills (still dying like crazy thiugh haha).

Playing star wars battlefront and my kills have gone from single digits per game to somewhere between 15-20 per game.

Finally getting really comfortable with my setup. Mapping the keys just right took some time but I like where it is now.

Don't think I can go back to controller for fps. Been sticking to battlefront mostly and a bit of gow4.

A keyboard and mouse setup for xbox one? This works for playing games?

I'd heard of keyboard/mouse setups but there was a lot of lag and not really useful for fps.

If this is true I'm looking at this when I get home. I miss keyboard/mouse. Much better than controllers imo.

Last edited:
I haven't noticed any lag. Works really well...but it's not cheap. Definitely made FPS games more fun for me though. Worth it in my book, especially if keyboard and mouse is what you're used to.

A keyboard and mouse setup for xbox one? This works for playing games?

I'd heard of keyboard/mouse setups but there was a lot of lag and not really useful for fps.

If this is true I'm looking at this when I get home. I miss keyboard/mouse. Much better than controllers imo.

Was it pretty easy to set up? Nothing too technical?

How does this work with your controller? Is a xbox controller still usable or do you have to unplug/switch stuff around to use it?

Was it pretty easy to set up? Nothing too technical?

How does this work with your controller? Is a xbox controller still usable or do you have to unplug/switch stuff around to use it?

It was pretty easy. Xim4 plugs into the Xbox, the Xbox controller plugs into the xim4 (as do the mouse and keyboard). From there, you download the xim app on your phon3, pair via Bluetooth, and select which game to load. Took maybe 10 minutes.

It took a lot longer to find the mapping that I liked best (it's 100% customizable, so mapping options are unlimited).

I went from a 1 to 4 kill/death ratio (yes I was that bad, super infrequent gamer) to almost 1 to 1 now. Much more enjoyable 😆

Edit: the Xbox controller still works while everything is plugged in.

VN Store

Back