Past Gen Gaming

VolsSportsFan

Mo Money Mo Problems - Michael Scott
Anyone here still play previous gen systems? Can be anything from the Atari 2600 up to the Xbox 360/PS3/Wii generation.

I still have all 3 last gen systems hooked up to my office TV. I don't play them that much anymore because there aren't that many games left that I want to play, but every now and then I'll fire them up to play something.

I still have PS3, i don't play enough games to justify upgrading and paying to play, i just play NCAA, Madden, The Show, and 2K. My friend has a SNES ans a shoebox full of games that we play sometimes.

I still have my snes, ps1, ps2. I hardly ever play them but I do get them out from time to time.

Still have a SEGA Genesis, N64, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, PS2, and PS3.

Play mostly the PS2 and PS3

Im still rocking with the 360 my 7 year old loves the old call of duty franchise ive been waiting to see what next gen is truly worth getting into

When it comes to gaming I've never been one for nostalgia. Usually when a new gen starts I play the new gen stuff and never look back.

Having said that, I do plan on getting an NES Mini this holiday season.

Reactions: 1 person
I still play my NES at school with the seniors, just to get a chuckle out of them losing to Glass Joe, and I played through Dragon Warrior and Castlevania in the past year - one was a grind, but I loved it, the other gave me high blood pressure.

My PlayStation hasn't worked in ages, but I still play those games on my Vita - which is a badass little machine

The PS3 is used only for Demon's Souls - which is still better than most games I've played on current gen - please remaster, Sony.

I got my Xbox out and went through Knights of the Old Republic this past summer. A game that also needs remastered on consoles.

I was using my 360 to play Lost Odyssey, Dark Souls, and the occasional CoD, but most everything I want to play on it is now backwards compatible on my One - except Modern Warfare 2 and Bad Company 2 - please make them bc :)

I wish Nintendo still made something similar to the size of the GBA. I love the 3DS (minus the 3D), but damn it's not easy to lug around and is uncomfortable to hold.

I still have my Super Nintendo..still trying to beat StarTropics.

I still play my NES at school with the seniors, just to get a chuckle out of them losing to Glass Joe, and I played through Dragon Warrior and Castlevania in the past year - one was a grind, but I loved it, the other gave me high blood pressure.

My PlayStation hasn't worked in ages, but I still play those games on my Vita - which is a badass little machine

The PS3 is used only for Demon's Souls - which is still better than most games I've played on current gen - please remaster, Sony.

I got my Xbox out and went through Knights of the Old Republic this past summer. A game that also needs remastered on consoles.

I was using my 360 to play Lost Odyssey, Dark Souls, and the occasional CoD, but most everything I want to play on it is now backwards compatible on my One - except Modern Warfare 2 and Bad Company 2 - please make them bc :)

I wish Nintendo still made something similar to the size of the GBA. I love the 3DS (minus the 3D), but damn it's not easy to lug around and is uncomfortable to hold.

The backwards compatibility has me leaning towards getting the Xbox one. Is the S that I see advertised the new model ppl were talking about? I didn't want to buy one and then an upgraded version comes out a month later

I have an original Pong, with just the dial paddles and a small system you hook to the TV. Once in a while we get it out and play. Also have Atari 2600, NES, Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, and original Game Boy. There are a lot of fun, old games on all of those systems! I know the graphics are much better now, but I think a lot of the original games were far better than the stuff out there today.... Has anyone seen the new NES mini, with 30 preloaded games that's supposed to be coming out? I think there is a Sega version as well...maybe coming out around Thanksgiving?

The backwards compatibility has me leaning towards getting the Xbox one. Is the S that I see advertised the new model ppl were talking about? I didn't want to buy one and then an upgraded version comes out a month later

So far Cod 2, 3, World at War, and Black Ops 1 are Bc, if you're interested in any of those. Here is a full list of games.

http://www.xbox.com/backcompat

The S is just a smaller One with a 4K Bluray player, but it's supposed to play some games at an upscaled 4K resolution - if the developer patches the game. If you've held out this long, you might want to wait for the Xbox "Scorpio" next fall/winter. But if not, the S is the One to go with over the original One.

The Scorpio will be the upgraded version of the Xbox next year, if you want to wait. Phil Spencer says he wants it to not exceed $600. The S is like $299. Just get an external hard drive off Amazon to make up for the lowly 500 gb model.

NHL 94 on the SNES gets broken out anytime me and my old pals hangout.

Bought an NES about 3 days before they announced the new one coming out. Been playing Zelda and Baseball Stars. Bought a 150 in 1 cartridge Tuesday, only played it a few minutes because of work but it has a lot of old games I loved. Bought an SNES about 2 weeks ago.

Bought an NES about 3 days before they announced the new one coming out. Been playing Zelda and Baseball Stars. Bought a 150 in 1 cartridge Tuesday, only played it a few minutes because of work but it has a lot of old games I loved. Bought an SNES about 2 weeks ago.

I wasted many an hour on Baseball Stars. I loved the Ninja team. You walked them and they'd disappear and show back up on first.

I wasted many an hour on Baseball Stars. I loved the Ninja team. You walked them and they'd disappear and show back up on first.

I loved it as a kid cause it was the first game (that I remember) that you could create players. I was watching a thing on YouTube about best baseball games for NES and SNES, it was on the list and I had to get I had to get it again. Thinking about making a VN team, I'll put you and your buddy at SS and 2nd so you all can work on your issues. Lol

I loved it as a kid cause it was the first game (that I remember) that you could create players. I was watching a thing on YouTube about best baseball games for NES and SNES, it was on the list and I had to get I had to get it again. Thinking about making a VN team, I'll put you and your buddy at SS and 2nd so you all can work on your issues. Lol

I'll bean his azz on a DP ball.

The Scorpio will be the upgraded version of the Xbox next year, if you want to wait. Phil Spencer says he wants it to not exceed $600. The S is like $299. Just get an external hard drive off Amazon to make up for the lowly 500 gb model.

Thanks I knew there was talk of something like this that should be better than the one. Do you really think it's going to be an extra 300 dollars better or no?

Thanks I knew there was talk of something like this that should be better than the one. Do you really think it's going to be an extra 300 dollars better or no?

They claim it will be the most powerful console ever and will also play regular Xbox One games too. If you're only playing games like Call of Duty, you could probably go with the S and be fine. The PS4 Pro and Xbox Scorpio seem to be targeted at the really hardcore, so it's up to however much money you're wanting to shell out. I'm skipping the S and getting the Scorpio since my One works just fine at the moment.

Here is some info about it

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/project-scorpio

what's the market like for original systems these days?

An unopened NES from grandma's attic is probably going for a pretty penny

VN Store

Back