Bought a gaming PC today

Berry4Heisman14

VOL til death
Well, it's a gaming laptop. I need some recommendations on good PC games. I love every genre of games including horror heard there are some good horror games on PC

If you like strategy games there are the total war series, civilization games, and a bunch of paradox games like EU4 and Cities Skylines, and I'm only saying this because these games are PC exclusive. If your not into that, well, there are plenty of FPS or RPG games that you may enjoy. If you haven't already played Witcher 3, I strongly suggest you get on that.

Civilization games are awesome. I always sink a ton of hours into them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Civilization games are awesome. I always sink a ton of hours into them.

I was like this until I got into the Europa Universalis games.....took the art of making a quick play after dinner turn into 4am to another level. The depth is a little over the top, a turnoff to some but I love it.

Reactions: 1 person
I was like this until I got into the Europa Universalis games.....took the art of making a quick play after dinner turn into 4am to another level. The depth is a little over the top, a turnoff to some but I love it.

Ha. Been there done that. One turn ends up being 5 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My two favorite games are also available for console, but I'm a big fan of Skyrim and any of the Borlderlands games.

I actually dislike the EU games personally. HOI and Vicky have always been my cup of tea. HOI3 shred's EU's depth on multiple levels.

Onto the OP, friend me on steam (steamname: Alexbond45) if you want some hands-on recommendations. It's much easier to recommend stuff when the person you're talking to is right there at your fingertips.

I actually dislike the EU games personally. HOI and Vicky have always been my cup of tea. HOI3 shred's EU's depth on multiple levels.

Onto the OP, friend me on steam (steamname: Alexbond45) if you want some hands-on recommendations. It's much easier to recommend stuff when the person you're talking to is right there at your fingertips.

HOI was honestly a bit too immersive for me, and playing as minor countries is a nightmare.

My laptop should arrive Wednesday I'll friend you then. What are the specs on your rig?

EU4 and those games aren't for everyone. But if you are into that, then it's amazing. But unfortunately I haven't met too many people who really enjoy those games. Most of my friends don't even enjoy the Total war games.

I'm going to look into them. I got a MSI Dominator pro GT72 with the nvidia980X in it with 24fb of ram which is upgradeable to 32. Also I heard the graphics card in this laptop is changeable which is rare in laptops bUT I've heard the 980 is very powerful although I'll look at a 1080 in the future if it'll work. Still new to PC

Download steam and purchase everything from there.

As if he has much of a choice? Even if you buy a game the archaic way (dvd), Steam will still usurp your ownership of it. :censored:

OP depends on what you are looking for. most FPS have console versions. Strategy/army/squad building is where I stick to the computer.

strategy games like C&C (Command and Conquer) and CoH (Company of Heroes) are some go tos if you like the game play mechanics. squad mechanics and resource gathering. Be careful with some of the C&C titles, some are awesome others were a complete waste of developers time. Tiberian Sun 4 is the only game I have ever reviewed and i ripped it apart. I only paid 5 bucks for it but still a complete waste of time. Company of Heroes is a WWII based strategy game that I still play the crap out of (700+ hours, thank you Steam for letting me know how pathetic my life is). the second one is not nearly as good as the first, and there are some good free mods out there.

I am with Persian, I love the Total War series. you might pick up one of the older ones on the cheap to see if you like the mechanics and you can move onto the newer ones as you see fit.

Supreme Commander 2 is like the C&C games. 2 is good but 1 had no population cap.

if you are looking for space battle versions of the resource and squad type look up Sins of a Solar Empire.

I'm going to look into them. I got a MSI Dominator pro GT72 with the nvidia980X in it with 24fb of ram which is upgradeable to 32. Also I heard the graphics card in this laptop is changeable which is rare in laptops bUT I've heard the 980 is very powerful although I'll look at a 1080 in the future if it'll work. Still new to PC

I've got 32gb of ram in this laptop as well. I heard that's good

That's a lot of ram

Agreed, that's more than enough.

Just bought this one for myself, only thing I'll probably do to it is bump the RAM to 16GB. Started playing WOW again. The wife is thrilled :)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015PYYDMQ

don't listen to these guys. 32 should be the minimum :)

the 980 should last you a while.

OP depends on what you are looking for. most FPS have console versions. Strategy/army/squad building is where I stick to the computer.

strategy games like C&C (Command and Conquer) and CoH (Company of Heroes) are some go tos if you like the game play mechanics. squad mechanics and resource gathering. Be careful with some of the C&C titles, some are awesome others were a complete waste of developers time. Tiberian Sun 4 is the only game I have ever reviewed and i ripped it apart. I only paid 5 bucks for it but still a complete waste of time. Company of Heroes is a WWII based strategy game that I still play the crap out of (700+ hours, thank you Steam for letting me know how pathetic my life is). the second one is not nearly as good as the first, and there are some good free mods out there.

I am with Persian, I love the Total War series. you might pick up one of the older ones on the cheap to see if you like the mechanics and you can move onto the newer ones as you see fit.

Supreme Commander 2 is like the C&C games. 2 is good but 1 had no population cap.

if you are looking for space battle versions of the resource and squad type look up Sins of a Solar Empire.
I'm actually looking into making my consoles my second option on gaming. I plan on playing all the strategy games you mentioned, the witcher, fallout, and shadow of mordor. Hoping I can get a good framerate at ultra

I'm actually looking into making my consoles my second option on gaming. I plan on playing all the strategy games you mentioned, the witcher, fallout, and shadow of mordor. Hoping I can get a good framerate at ultra

witcher and mordor will be fine. also if you don't know Steam has some insane sales, usually worth waiting on some games if you aren't "gotta have" mode. looking at a sale now on borderlands, taking 65-70% off. no idea how they get away with it but I love it. at least half of my library I bought on sale that I normally wouldnt get.

Laptop came in today plan on buying shadow of mordor off of steam tonight. I did some research on a website that projects how you'll run games based off your specs at 1080P I'm projected to be able to run it at 60+ frames. Gonna be awesome playing games in that quality for the first time

VN Store

Back