NBA 2k17: Xbox One/PS4/PC (Career Mode 9/9 : Full game 9/20)

That's cool for my career players but I couldn't care less. 2k16 my career was terrible with that scripted crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I just can't get into basketball for whatever reason..........even with them making 16 a freebie on plus, it held my attention for a day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Say what you want, but NBA 2k makes the best RPGs of any sports games.

I keep thinking how amazing a professional NFL or even College Football game would be if 2k developed them instead of EA.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah it's weird. Everyone I know that downloaded 2k16 for free already deleted it. I used to get into the 2k basketball games, but something happened. It's like the more "realistic" they try to be the less fun the gameplay is. My guys feel like they are just so weird to control and idk it's just weird.

Yeah it's weird. Everyone I know that downloaded 2k16 for free already deleted it. I used to get into the 2k basketball games, but something happened. It's like the more "realistic" they try to be the less fun the gameplay is. My guys feel like they are just so weird to control and idk it's just weird.
2k isnt a game you can pick up every 4 or 5 years and be good at like Madden. They are constantly making changes to controls and physics, etc. It really does take lots of practice to be good at it.

A german basketball journalist is at a 2k presentation right now.

https://twitter.com/drevoigt

I will try to translate the most points

- Shoes scaned in 3d for the first time, retro-sneakers too

- over 300 shoes are in the game

- in all 30 NBA Arenas they recorded the sound of the balls, fans, buzzer and more

- Dynamic Commentary Both - eleven commentarys are in the game, they change depending on which city you play they support the main commentary duo

- Blacktop - users can create own rules, there are specatators and player intros

- online matchmaking can be personalised

- MyTeam: redesigned cards, six new gem-levels, moments, historic franchise team packs, dynamic duos special bonus if you have two players that play together in reality, example Klay and Steph Curry

- MyTeam Blacktop: Quick 3vs3 multiplayer, you can choose one MyTeam player the others are random
- MyLeague: new menus, playoff mode (full customizatin), start today, Expansion 30-36 Teams all own jerseys, logos etc, League Expansion Draft if an expansion is choosen

-MyLeague Online: 80 Seasons, more player development, more administration features, keeper-feature, many offseason decisions,

MyLeague/MyGM: start before 2016 Offseason possible, rules are dynamic (on-court rules like shotclock, trading)

- Pick protection/swaps in trades are in the game also at cpu teams

- Advanced Rotation: User can determine which players when in a game should be together on court

- New Features: Jersey Retirement, Uniform Update (X-Mas etc get later in the game), Offseason trades possible, roster and draft classes are easier to edit

MyCareer: Wow... I'm not allowed to give you the news now. They come in a couple days.

Now Gameplay news
all throws (except dunks) have an own timing point for the release
new aim mechanic for jump throws

Dribble: no triggert animations user must combo the moves

Defense: new steal system, more user skill dependent
Game is faster to learn on lower levels, Coach K guides the 2KU that teaches all fundamentals

CPU Players bring more actions offside the ball (get free, cuts etc)

Physicality: Post Game completely new, contact on the zone border and at rebounds new in game, new putbacks

over 700 new animations at defense/offense on- and offside the ball

all offenses and defenses of the NBA are in the game, over 6000 adjustments, updated while the season

Smart Coach: Assistant gives detailed informations an coaching (example go over the block at KD)

30 new freelance offenses, new team schemes, new transition offense/defense, mismatches will be recognized and will get attacked

individually tactics against certain players (example hard closeouts againts Curry)

Good coaches have better defense (awareness), user controls the help
holy crap

Reactions: 1 person
The face scan works great!!!
00de2ad8335a017369cb3fbfd69445a7.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

NBA 2K17 is the best version since NBA 2K14 but it still needs some work. I still like NBA 2K14 better than all of them.

I still have it too on PS4. There's a guy from Operation Sports that still updates rosters for NBA 2K14 & he thinks it's the best too. Thanks!

Football forum, Knock knock number 2 thread, post #34.

I thought if anyone could appreciate it, you might. If not, your memory is failing you.

I see your work.....and I like it :) We have been giving him **** on FB for our upcoming game.

The best to date but still some horrible legacy AI defending issues.

I will agree with the AI defending issues.....they have been there for every edition of the game.

Mycareer is boss though and Pro-Am is right up there with EASHL with the fixes they made this year. Liked it last year, but they have improved that mode by a ton IMO.

I will agree with the AI defending issues.....they have been there for every edition of the game.

Mycareer is boss though and Pro-Am is right up there with EASHL with the fixes they made this year. Liked it last year, but they have improved that mode by a ton IMO.

I love MyCareer need to try out Pro-Am.

Best version in the series and it's not even close.

I have to disagree myself. I think NBA 2K14 is the best to date. It had less bugs & glitches straight out of the box.

The best to date but still some horrible legacy AI defending issues.

Just like with BearCat I have to disagree that NBA 2K17 is the best to date. It's certainly better than 15 & 16 versions but I personally don't think it's better than 14. Thanks.

Maybe the worst AI I've ever seen in 2K (started in 10 or 11, idk). They have gone miles ahead in the story and design, but the gameplay is absolute garbage right now because of the double teaming and stupid cpu players who literally will run away from offensive players.

Maybe the worst AI I've ever seen in 2K (started in 10 or 11, idk). They have gone miles ahead in the story and design, but the gameplay is absolute garbage right now because of the double teaming and stupid cpu players who literally will run away from offensive players.

yeah the AI is bad, but the overall game is amazing.

VN Store

Back