Old School Gaming Thread

VolsSportsFan

Mo Money Mo Problems - Michael Scott
I thought I would start (or re-start if one already existed) a thread dedicated where anyone currently playing some "old school" games can post about said games.

Old school is subjective obviously, but at least for me I generally refer to games 2 generations ago and longer as old school, which for now would mean PS2/Xbox/GameCube and older. You could also probably throw in some early era 360 and PS3 games at this point since it's been a decade since those systems came out.

I've been playing through both Parasite Eve games on the PlayStation (via the Vita). I finished PE a few months ago and now I'm about halfway through PE2.

I was practicing for a Yoshis 's Island speed run on SNES for the past week. There are several tricks if you look into it that I never knew about and are hard to accomplish. I was aiming to get 100% and not do any of the warp hacks or run on top of the level hacks. Then I watched this guy and I just feel like there's no point. Lol. I'll never even come close to touching this.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8xtUnRbnvY[/youtube]

One of my pals from college beat contra on 1 life. True "Cool Story Bro".

If any of you are into old school games I highly recommend Shovel Knight and Axiom Verge. Both games are great old school fun!

The wife and I still play the original Sonic on our Xbox. I wish I had more access to old games. I'd play them more.

If anybody has Ocarina of time, I'll buy it.

The wife and I still play the original Sonic on our Xbox. I wish I had more access to old games. I'd play them more.

If anybody has Ocarina of time, I'll buy it.

I've got the gold cartridge still🤘🏻but I doubt I ever part with it. If you have a 2ds or 3ds, you can get a way better updated version for like $17 used at GameStop.

I'll always love sonic adventures for the dream cast

I still for the life of me don't understand why EA Sports doesn't update Road Rash or Mutant League Football. Both of those games are still very fun to play and would translate so well to PS4/XBONE.

I still for the life of me don't understand why EA Sports doesn't update Road Rash or Mutant League Football. Both of those games are still very fun to play and would translate so well to PS4/XBONE.

I actually think Lego sports would be fun if they did it arcadey and over the top. Could you imagine a hockey game where you check someone into the glass and the bust into pieces? LOL

Reactions: 1 person
Ultima underworld remake coming.

I am stoked.

Loved all the ultima games.

I've actually met Richard Garriot, the original creator of the Ultima series. He's a super cool, and unusual guy.

If you are familiar with Ready Player One, I always thought the character "James Halliday" was heavily influenced by Richard Garriot and Steve Jobs.

Reactions: 1 person
I was all about some Ultima Online back in high school; the first MMO was truly a "wild west" experience.

That was back in the 56k modem days - we only had one phone line for awhile and my folks hated me =D

I was all about some Ultima Online back in high school; the first MMO was truly a "wild west" experience.

That was back in the 56k modem days - we only had one phone line for awhile and my folks hated me =D

Ah yes. I remember when the story went around that "Lord British" was killed in the game after it was thought that he couldn't be killed.

Ultima IV - Quest of the Avatar. I went back and won that one on an emulator years later. I just couldn't figure out this one thing as a kid.

I played through the original Fallout games last summer for the first time. 1 is great but 2 is an all-time classic. Gotta be one of the best computer RPGs ever. Really makes the writing, story, choices, etc., in the Bethesda Fallout games look pathetic in comparison.

Ultima IV - Quest of the Avatar. I went back and won that one on an emulator years later. I just couldn't figure out this one thing as a kid.

They were tough as nails; didn't hold your hand whatsoever.

They were tough as nails; didn't hold your hand whatsoever.

The solve books were too expensive and no internet for Gamefaqs meant that when you were stuck, it was time to go outside and play for a while.

Anyone else here ever called the Nintendo Power Hotline for tips back in the day?

VN Store

Back