The Legend Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U NX)

I cant wait! I never got the Wii U due to no zelda game. I am glad I waited that way I can just wait on the NX.

How much is the NX going to cost and will it be comparable to the One or PS3, or is Nintendo doing things their own way still?

Zelda is my favorite franchise. If they do Metroid too, I'm sold.

How much is the NX going to cost and will it be comparable to the One or PS3, or is Nintendo doing things their own way still?

Zelda is my favorite franchise. If they do Metroid too, I'm sold.

Nothing really has been confirmed yet regarding price/specs but the supposed "leaks" are saying performance will be on par with PS4/Xbox One.

The world for the game is apparently 12 times larger than that of Twilight Princess.

They're claiming the amount shown during the gameplay at E3 only makes up about 1% of the game's world map.

The world for the game is apparently 12 times larger than that of Twilight Princess.

They're claiming the amount shown during the gameplay at E3 only makes up about 1% of the game's world map.

I watched a ton of gameplay video yesterday and my main concern is the area they were in was kind of sparse. There wasn't a whole lot going on. To be honest this game kind of looks like a kid friendly Witcher 3. Some of the mechanics seem interesting but I want to see more. I want to see if there are more populated areas, towns, etc.

On the one hand I definitely want to play it.

On the other hand, I find it funny how a game like this gets so much initial praise because it's a Zelda/Nintendo game. Visually it looks good......for a Wii U game. But in reality it wouldn't even be that impressive of a 360/PS3 game. It's being praised for being open world and all that, but those are things other games did a long time ago.

Reactions: 1 person
On the one hand I definitely want to play it.

On the other hand, I find it funny how a game like this gets so much initial praise because it's a Zelda/Nintendo game. Visually it looks good......for a Wii U game. But in reality it wouldn't even be that impressive of a 360/PS3 game. It's being praised for being open world and all that, but those are things other games did a long time ago.

Yeah, you kind of nailed my feelings on it as well. I honestly don't understand why everyone is peeing down their legs over this game other than the fact the name Zelda is attached to it and people are nostalgic as hell about it. I don't see anything that makes this game seem all that special or different from the countless other open world RPG's that have come before this. Plus for as big as the world is, it seems a little thread-bare. Certainly not the lush worlds of Skyrim or Witcher 3, which yeah I get the fact those are different kinds of games in terms of maturity and story. But still, I was hoping for a little more honestly. I'll still play it on the NX but I just don't share the same "OMG! OMG! OMG!" feeling that so many others do.

I will say though that I do like the art direction of the game and I loved the music. I just hope the final product is better than what I'm seeing right now.

Last edited:
I actually really like the idea of a vast, sprawling Hyrule (or whatever world this is) with minimal NPCs and a focus on exploration.

When I was a kid, the original Legend of Zelda on NES seemed like a massive, lonely world to me that was full of mystery. In the modern era, the only games that have managed to recreate that feeling are Ico/Shadow of the Colossus and Dark Souls.

And this trailer definitely gives me vibes of both of those games.

It does seem like Nintendo is putting a lot of different gameplay mechanics in this, but I have faith that they will pull it off.

One of the best parts about the early Zelda games was most/all of the dungeons being available to you right away, provided you knew where they are. Seems like this entry will bring that back.

I actually really like the idea of a vast, sprawling Hyrule (or whatever world this is) with minimal NPCs and a focus on exploration.

When I was a kid, the original Legend of Zelda on NES seemed like a massive, lonely world to me that was full of mystery. In the modern era, the only games that have managed to recreate that feeling are Ico/Shadow of the Colossus and Dark Souls.

And this trailer definitely gives me vibes of both of those games.

It does seem like Nintendo is putting a lot of different gameplay mechanics in this, but I have faith that they will pull it off.

One of the best parts about the early Zelda games was most/all of the dungeons being available to you right away, provided you knew where they are. Seems like this entry will bring that back.

I genuinely hope it's good because it's probably the only launch game I'm buying for NX. I figure as big as this game is supposed to be, I'd rather this be my only game to get lost in for quite a while before I play anything else.

Seems that most of the gaming media outlets are awarding Zelda as game of E3. Not all that surprising as Nintendo games are always media darlings. Still encouraging news for those of us who are interested in playing it.

Seems that most of the gaming media outlets are awarding Zelda as game of E3. Not all that surprising as Nintendo games are always media darlings. Still encouraging news for those of us who are interested in playing it.

Maybe it was the game of e3, but I still think it gets more love based on its name than anything.

Which is funny, many diehard Nintendo fans complain that games like Halo and COD get major hype and accolades simply because of its name, and I feel like Zelda gets the same treatment.

My personal favorite game series. I've got a huge soft spot for Zelda the ocarina of time is the best game ever imo

Maybe it was the game of e3, but I still think it gets more love based on its name than anything.

Which is funny, many diehard Nintendo fans complain that games like Halo and COD get major hype and accolades simply because of its name, and I feel like Zelda gets the same treatment.

Couldn't agree more. I'm convinced that if this game didn't have the name Zelda attached to it, no one would give it the time of day. I pretty much watched every trailer and every gameplay walkthrough from E3 and there's no doubt in my mind that Horizon: Zero Dawn was the most impressive game I saw. Though there's probably about 5 or 6 games I'd have given "Game of Show" to before I would have Breath of the Wild.

I think the game looks amazing personally. Especially for a Nintendo game im one of those that is absolutely stoked

I'm a Zelda nut, but I didn't think that trailer looked any better than Twilight Princess HD did.

I was hoping Nintendo would bone up and leapfrog the next gen with a cutting edge console after the WiiU. Looks like they've just matched graphics with current gen, only they're 2 years behind.

Went and bought a wii U yesterday along with 5 zelda games. I've beat the ocarina of time, never played majoras mask, skyward sword, wind waker, or twilight princess

GF has been playing TP and I have watched a little and it looks fun. Will get BoW day one for the Wii U, but no way in hell I will buy Nintendo's new console lol

I just want to know if this game has random chickens I can attack and in turn have them attack back. That's all I ask for in any game ever. Sadly madden hasn't met my expectations yet.

GF has been playing TP and I have watched a little and it looks fun. Will get BoW day one for the Wii U, but no way in hell I will buy Nintendo's new console lol

Don't you at least want to see what the NX is first before you say that? If Zelda BOtW is that much better on NX, heck I'd buy a Nintendo console for it.

Zelda is one of the best game franchises ever made as long as they produce games I'll have a Nintendo console. Ocarina of time is the greatest game ever made imo. My only complaint is mario party has progressively gotten worse they used to be such great games but 8 was the last good one.

Don't you at least want to see what the NX is first before you say that? If Zelda BOtW is that much better on NX, heck I'd buy a Nintendo console for it.

No..........I would buy another PS4 or Xbone before I purchased a new gen Nintendo console. That's just me though

No..........I would buy another PS4 or Xbone before I purchased a new gen Nintendo console. That's just me though

Wii u controller is awesome for watching tv in bed next to a sleeping wife.

Pretty much what the system ended up being for us.

Very easy to hold.

VN Store

Back