Total War: Warhammer

Persian Vol

I should be studying.
I love this franchise. I picked this up today. I was skeptical with the fantasy based theme, but it seems great so far. Anyone else interested in this?

I bought and am playing it as the vampire counts. Seems like a fun game so far

I bought and am playing it as the vampire counts. Seems like a fun game so far

Same, that's who I decided to start with too. Something about bringing the dead to life white walker style and attacking civilized humans is fantastic.

Just bought my copy going to get around to it tonight. Have been playing the TW series for years. This one looks like it's going to be a blast.

Just bought my copy going to get around to it tonight. Have been playing the TW series for years. This one looks like it's going to be a blast.

It was a big change from the traditional history aspect, but I thought they executed well with this game.

I'm expecting an Empire States DLC with all the different mini-kingdoms in the Empire being fleshed-out. Mainly hoping for some Kislev bear cav.

^ I wouldn't be surprised if that happens. I dont know much about the Warcraft realm but I know TW is big on the downloadable content. I expect they'll have more DLC for this game than their previous games.

they need a mini race pack. get Tilea Estalia and Kiev to be different from the Empire. also Border Princes.

Won campaigns as Dwarfs and Empire and got pretty far into Chaos, Ork and Vamps before going into mod world. there are some excellent ones out there.

the conquer all is a game changer.

right now my complaint with the game is the lack of more races from lore. even if they weren't playable factions I was expecting Beastmen and Skaven to show up in raids or something.

they need a mini race pack. get Tilea Estalia and Kiev to be different from the Empire. also Border Princes.

Won campaigns as Dwarfs and Empire and got pretty far into Chaos, Ork and Vamps before going into mod world. there are some excellent ones out there.

the conquer all is a game changer.

right now my complaint with the game is the lack of more races from lore. even if they weren't playable factions I was expecting Beastmen and Skaven to show up in raids or something.

I think they are planning on adding those factions down the road.

I know they are, but as far as the base game goes its very vanilla for the lore. been trying to figure out where on the map they are going to be able to add new settlements to, to try and get a picture of whats next.

kinda figure it will be Wood Elves, Skaven, Beastmen, Ogres and maybe Tomb Kings next. that wouldn't require much of a map expansion.

Yeah, it is a shame for them not to add content from the beginning. Adding them as DLCs down the road is annoying. I feel they should have had at least 1 playable elves faction to diversify it.

Yeah, it is a shame for them not to add content from the beginning. Adding them as DLCs down the road is annoying. I feel they should have had at least 1 playable elves faction to diversify it.

I could understand 2 games, with maybe one DLC each. but three with multiple DLC is just the normal money grab.

should have been:

Game 1 Old World (empire, bretonia, chaos, skaven, beastmen, wood elves, orks, vampires) (Non Playable Factions: Tilea, Estalia, Kiev, Border Princes (as seperate factions not the Empire)
Game 2 New World + Extras (high elves, dark elves, lizardmen, Ogres, Tomb Kings and maybe Daemons if they want another army) (NPF Araby, and some of the colonies, with Indus and Cathay as possible trade factions)

big thing right now for me isn't necessarily getting more playable factions in there but getting the npf correct or at least different. 1 really doesn't feel like a complete game as it is. the mods help but thats a crap move on CA.

I'm assuming they will be a horde? And I'm not surprised, I had the feeling monsters would sell more than boring human factions.

DLC has been fun. there is a mini-campaign that goes with it. nothing special in that. I also unlocked a couple characters by having beat the game before getting the DLC. problem I am having now is that most mods don't function with the DLC.

beastmen are fun to play as in battles imo, horde takes a while to get going. summoning monsters is broke and the AOEs are useless.

also seems like they added a good bit of detail to the campaign map. fires, more ruins, more resources, flying critters etc.

interested to hear what you think persian.

DLC has been fun. there is a mini-campaign that goes with it. nothing special in that. I also unlocked a couple characters by having beat the game before getting the DLC. problem I am having now is that most mods don't function with the DLC.

beastmen are fun to play as in battles imo, horde takes a while to get going. summoning monsters is broke and the AOEs are useless.

also seems like they added a good bit of detail to the campaign map. fires, more ruins, more resources, flying critters etc.

interested to hear what you think persian.

I haven't gotten around to playing the DLC yet. I just finished a campaign with chaos warriors and I think I'm gonna take a break until I get back into it.

playing a chaos (or any horde) is rough. not being able to hold ground makes it very difficult.

you might wait for a steam sale to pick up the DLC, 20 bucks is pretty steep if you aren't a double addict (Warhammer & Total War). sadly my model budget now just goes to this and other GW games.

playing a chaos (or any horde) is rough. not being able to hold ground makes it very difficult.

you might wait for a steam sale to pick up the DLC, 20 bucks is pretty steep if you aren't a double addict (Warhammer & Total War). sadly my model budget now just goes to this and other GW games.

I'll probably do that once the sale comes out. Those steam sales can be ridiculous. I literally have every total war game and I've gotten mostly all of them for less than 10 dollars, including DLCs.

I liked my chaos campaign, and it was interesting in the beginning, but toward the end of the campaign I feel like it is a bit repetitive. Although I loved demolishing people with my armies with chaos giants and dragon ogre shaggoths.

I think it lacks a bit of spark in the late game, as I usually look forward to specific late game events. I loved those notification messages in medieval 2 that would talk about the Mongol invasion, timurid invasion, creation of gunpowder, a new world, all that good stuff. Damn I wish they would make another medieval total war.

I'll probably do that once the sale comes out. Those steam sales can be ridiculous. I literally have every total war game and I've gotten mostly all of them for less than 10 dollars, including DLCs.

I liked my chaos campaign, and it was interesting in the beginning, but toward the end of the campaign I feel like it is a bit repetitive. Although I loved demolishing people with my armies with chaos giants and dragon ogre shaggoths.

I think it lacks a bit of spark in the late game, as I usually look forward to specific late game events. I loved those notification messages in medieval 2 that would talk about the Mongol invasion, timurid invasion, creation of gunpowder, a new world, all that good stuff. Damn I wish they would make another medieval total war.

hell yes on Medieval, even though 2 was maybe the best Total War to come out it came out too soon after 1. unfortunately for me I have owned all of the total wars before steam and have gotten the others as they came out so I haven't saved money there. on some of the DLCs I definitely have.

late game has been a bit disappointing, I am hoping more factions will help make it better. I think they need to re balance the major factions so that they become threats towards the end (turn 150 or so). Chaos is supposed to be the "mongols" so playing as them you don't get the end game threat.

hell yes on Medieval, even though 2 was maybe the best Total War to come out it came out too soon after 1. unfortunately for me I have owned all of the total wars before steam and have gotten the others as they came out so I haven't saved money there. on some of the DLCs I definitely have.

late game has been a bit disappointing, I am hoping more factions will help make it better. I think they need to re balance the major factions so that they become threats towards the end (turn 150 or so). Chaos is supposed to be the "mongols" so playing as them you don't get the end game threat.

I've basically owned all of them after steam as well, except Rome 1. My first one waa Medieval 2. Come to think of it, I actually haven't saved that much. But I made a few of my friends buy some of these games and they have saved a ****load. I used to always want to get the disc copy but for Warhammer, I just went ahead and got it straight from steam. GameStop is gonna end up like blockbuster soon.

That is true, but I felt that they are easier to stop than the Mongols of medieval 2. Those Mongols would drop stack after stack of fully loaded 10 star general armies on you. You would be forced to concede really. And in a weird way I liked that. I'm just too nostalgic when it comes to medieval 2.

Any ideas on the next total war game?

I've basically owned all of them after steam as well, except Rome 1. My first one waa Medieval 2. Come to think of it, I actually haven't saved that much. But I made a few of my friends buy some of these games and they have saved a ****load. I used to always want to get the disc copy but for Warhammer, I just went ahead and got it straight from steam. GameStop is gonna end up like blockbuster soon.

That is true, but I felt that they are easier to stop than the Mongols of medieval 2. Those Mongols would drop stack after stack of fully loaded 10 star general armies on you. You would be forced to concede really. And in a weird way I liked that. I'm just too nostalgic when it comes to medieval 2.

Any ideas on the next total war game?

depending on who you were the Mongols weren't too much of an issue by the time they get to you. but if you are east of the germans they were a heat seaking missile. I could stop them but by the time its done I am so far behind its almost pointless. which is too bad because the Russians are one of my favorite factions in that game.

I guess by next game you mean beyond Warhammer?

Empire 2 or Medieval 3, probably Empire imo. since Warhammer is the fantasy equivalent of Medieval. either way it should be a reboot of the two best ones.

VN Store

Back