Overwatch (Videogame)

GetEmVols

The Overwatch beta is out until the 9th of this month. I highly recommend everyone try it. (It is on all consoles, but I prefer PC for FPS games)

One of the best FPS I've played, and it looks to have a ton of replay value with all the unlockables.
:rock:

I played for about an hour on Xbox the other day. It is fun but I don't know if I will have enough friends to play with to make me buy it. Team work is a must.

I played for about an hour on Xbox the other day. It is fun but I don't know if I will have enough friends to play with to make me buy it. Team work is a must.

Played it a little last night on PS4. I don't know, I kinda like it. It definitely has that polish that Blizzard games are known to have. I didn't have server issues and it ran at a smooth 60fps. I like the bright, colorful presentation. It's a nice contrast to all the dark, gritty, realistic shooters that dominate the genre. I also like the variety of characters.

Played the beta and thought it was decent. Too much in the back log right now.

Same here, I've got too many to name on my external HD. I figured this would be a good one to blow off steam with my buddies. I've been playing BO1 through back comp and it's just so much better than BO3 haha

Nobody playing this? Damn game has a 94 Metacritic.

Just not my thing. It's definitely a quality game! I could tell that from the beta. However I'm already trying to platinum Ratchet and Clank, I'm working on Uncharted 4, and Witcher 3 Blood and Wine is coming up very quickly! My backlog is full. I'm just not feeling it right now for a competitive online shooter.

Just not my thing. It's definitely a quality game! I could tell that from the beta. However I'm already trying to platinum Ratchet and Clank, I'm working on Uncharted 4, and Witcher 3 Blood and Wine is coming up very quickly! My backlog is full. I'm just not feeling it right now for a competitive online shooter.

I hear ya, but I wouldn't categorize this with your typical competitive shooters like BF or COD. It's more Team Fortress. You aren't rewarded for just killing people, and teamwork is imperative. One guy or one squad won't cut it. To put it simply, BF and COD make me rage because of the a**holes that play it, while Overwatch is just damn fun win or lose. It's a weird but refreshing take on the online shooter. What's more wild is that it is Blizzards first one, and it's arguably the best one I've played in years.

I hear ya, but I wouldn't categorize this with your typical competitive shooters like BF or COD. It's more Team Fortress. You aren't rewarded for just killing people, and teamwork is imperative. One guy or one squad won't cut it. To put it simply, BF and COD make me rage because of the a**holes that play it, while Overwatch is just damn fun win or lose. It's a weird but refreshing take on the online shooter. What's more wild is that it is Blizzards first one, and it's arguably the best one I've played in years.

I might pick it up later on when its discounted like I did with Batllefront.. I just refuse to pay 60.00 for a multiplayer only game.

I might pick it up later on when its discounted like I did with Batllefront.. I just refuse to pay 60.00 for a multiplayer only game.

Yeah, I've got a similar rule, except it's against paying $60 for single player games. Unless I can get an hour for every dollar I spend, it's a no go at $60. I'm sure this will be on sale during the summer though.

I tend to look at the total cost of ownership; the amount I spent after the game leaves my possession (I've only kept 2 games since the PS4's release). It is usually around $20 - $30/ per game.

very fun game! A lot of characters to play with with different strategies that each character brings.

I need to get in on this... newborns straight up wreck your gaming libido.:hmm:

I need to get in on this... newborns straight up wreck your gaming libido.:hmm:

A couple of friends and I have played it most every night it has been out, yet going up against a full team typically leads to an ass whipping, regardless. I haven't enjoyed a FPS where I only win 50% of the time in a long time. It's a blast win or lose.

A couple of friends and I have played it most every night it has been out, yet going up against a full team typically leads to an ass whipping, regardless. I haven't enjoyed a FPS where I only win 50% of the time in a long time. It's a blast win or lose.

My friend has it and I played it for a while at his house and had him crying from laughter. You can do some pretty zany stuff.

If anyone is playing on PS4 I'd like someone to have a team with.

Some of the nerfs Blizzard keeps doing are troubling though.

Is anyone here still playing Overwatch?

In general, I think the game has benefited from some toxic players drifting to newer games and new social features which reward positive behavior and let you avoid certain teammates. I have had some insanely fun competitive games lately using the LFG feature, but even solo queue was OK last season.

Though there are many characters with lower skill floors, almost every character has a high ceiling, so the game becomes more enjoyable the more you learn your mains and their roles and play styles. Being able to adapt within a game to counter your opponent, either by switching characters or by changing your play style, is the key. If you do that, you will win more often than not as your opponents will rarely adapt.

Long story short: if you left because of toxicity, maybe give it another shot. Some complain about the new characters, but that is a little overblown in my opinion, and the game is fairly well balanced right now. At least until the next patch comes, that is.

VN Store

Back