Battlefield 5 (Full reveal on 05/06/2016)

Brave Volunteer

Rumored to be based on World War I.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3Sk7hoq_nA[/youtube]

4 slowly redeemed itself... WWI sounds interesting...

When it comes to online FPS, I am down for anything but COD.

Not really big on military shooters anymore. However the idea of a Battlefield game based on World War I intrigues me. I could just imagine it with a ton of trench warfare and mustard gas. Plus, so many soldiers in that war died of disease, starvation, hypothermia, etc it would interesting if you somehow had to manage those kinds of threats along with your enemies. I just hope that Dice goes for authenticity in this game and not an alternate history type thing with a bunch of fictional weapons.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Not really big on military shooters anymore. However the idea of a Battlefield game based on World War I intrigues me. I could just imagine it with a ton of trench warfare and mustard gas. Plus, so many soldiers in that war died of disease, starvation, hypothermia, etc it would interesting if you somehow had to manage those kinds of threats along with your enemies. I just hope that Dice goes for authenticity in this game and not an alternate history type thing with a bunch of fictional weapons.
I feel they'll bastardize it from a historical viewpoint, today's shooters are so oversaturated with gadgets and unlocks that they'll go crazy with inaccuracies.

Thank you battlefield for finally going back to the world war shooters. It's been ages since we've seen a World War 1 or 2 game. I'm hoping for a dark and gritty battlefield with gorgeous graphics to represent this time era that has been long overdo.

Thank you battlefield for finally going back to the world war shooters. It's been ages since we've seen a World War 1 or 2 game. I'm hoping for a dark and gritty battlefield with gorgeous graphics to represent this time era that has been long overdo.

I hope it includes aerial biplane dogfighting!

I have < 0 faith in them to do the right thing. A historically (semi) accurate shooter won't work with the Lulz xX420dubstepSnipezXx crowd that they're likely targeting.

I have more faith in EA than Activision. At least Dice hasn't gone the jet pack route yet

Watching the live stream now. The show opens with cheesy "Michael Bay" military music, then it gives way to "over enthusiastic guy" on stage. Then he brings a DICE developer on stage where they proceed to have cheesy banter back and forth and then the developer must give the entire DICE origin story from Battlefield 1942 to Battlefield 4.

For Christ sake, just show the game!!!! Why must developers/publishers insist on this outdated format for presentation?

The game looks amazing. I hope they keep the classes/weapons/vehicles relatively simple and rock-paper-scissors much like BF1942 and BF1943.

The game looks amazing. I hope they keep the classes/weapons/vehicles relatively simple and rock-paper-scissors much like BF1942 and BF1943.

They talked about RPS game play a bunch. That's still their design mentality.

Trailer looks fantastic. When's this one releasing?

Edit: I looked it up and the release date is 10/18. Can't wait.

VN Store

Back