I need help with gaming PC build

Mr_Henley

I have a nice laptop for work, an iPhone for time killers, this is only for League of Legends and Netflix. If I'm still playing this game in a year or so, I'd be willing to buy a new setup if needed.

These were two suggestions from Reddit, I need input on which you would personally spend the money.

AMD A10-7850K, Xion XON-310_BK - System Build - PCPartPicker

Intel Pentium G3258, XFX Radeon R7 360, Xion XON-310_BK - System Build - PCPartPicker

I used to have a $950+ build for these exact two uses and it was way too overkill. So sold it for almost what I paid for it (last year) and now want to get something more reasonable. Thanks in advance for the help. I understand how the parts work and their individual purpose, but I don't understand enough about different models or combos or brands. $350 to get it to my house is max budget just in case someone here wants to shoot another suggestion. I don't need an OS, I have Windows 10 and 7 here.

Last edited:
all looks good cept the GPU; I'd go a little beefier there... maybe an R9 380 or something if you plan on run modern games and want them to look decent.

Also, are you cool with just 120 GB storage? SSD's are still a luxury for most. I went with a Hybrid SSD HD with 500 GB and it's nearly as quick as a full SDD; more bang for buck.

also, you could go with a zippy dual core CPU and overclock it with a liquid cooler

I appreciate the help. I've been slammed with my new job and may not pull the trigger on this for another few weeks. On the bright side, my budget will be higher, so being able
To get something to simply run Netflix, LoL, maybe CS:GO and with a SSD shouldn't be a problem at all.

I just don't want to spend $900 like I did two years ago. Once I learned (more) about how parts work, their purpose, general knowledge about specs.... I realized I had went way way overboard for something I used 2-3 times a week. And for two games that are as "easy" to run as it gets.

Built a PC for my son based around an Intel Core I3, Asrock Z710 motherboard and GTX 750 ti video card. Works very very well. Plays Fallout4 at medium to high detail at 1080P at pretty smooth framerates.

Reactions: 1 person
This what r/buildapcforme came up with this time now that my budget is ~$650. (Computer + OS + monitor for LoL and CS:GO.)

I really just don't trust one opinion source. How does it look? Seems like SSD is nice and flashy but I think I'm better off paying half the price for 1TB HDD, right?

Intel Core i3-6100, EVGA GeForce GTX 950, Cooler Master N200 - System Build - PCPartPicker

I think 250 GB might be too low. After you install Windows you will have less than 170 or 160 GB probably. while I think an SSD is awesome, If you think that's all you need then that's okay, but a part of me feels like hi would need more.

I'll go with HDD and then upgrade the GPU to the 380 then.

Is this PSU going to be good enough?

For LoL and Netfix, you should be fine, but if you decide to get into other newer games you could run into issues with the CPU and RAM.

For LoL and Netfix, you should be fine, but if you decide to get into other newer games you could run into issues with the CPU and RAM.

I'm the kind that if what I have doesn't work with what I want, I'll just sell and rebuild. For now, I barely have time do anything other than an hour or two at night for Netflix or LoL.

* now I'm looking at the first AMD build I shared and thinking of adding 250 SSD and an OS and calling it a day. No sense in spending ~$700 just to play LoL and watch movies, which is what this latest i3 build is turning into after changing it to the r9 380

Mistake? AMD doesn't have dedicated GPU but has good reviews at 1080p with low demand games.

*if I can hit 60fps on medium settings for LoL then I'm good. I really do not care about trying to have 60-120 fps on ultra high. meaningless for LoL in my opinion.

Last edited:
I've heard many corner stores and 7-eleven's have excellent deals on OS's.... just sayin'

Built a PC for my son based around an Intel Core I3, Asrock Z710 motherboard and GTX 750 ti video card. Works very very well. Plays Fallout4 at medium to high detail at 1080P at pretty smooth framerates.

Replaced the 750ti with a PNY GTX 960 and Fallout 4 set everything to ultra. My son said it's like going from a PS2 to a PS4 in terms of graphics detail quality.

DIY'ers get the raw deal regarding OS's - which essentially come at no additional cost to the consumer if bought as a whole PC/Laptop system that's loaded with their bloatware. They expect full retail price on the OS for side stepping their BS and building your own machine.

I suppose it's personal preference in whether or not to play their game.

Last edited:
No shots - I'm dead serious

By corner stores I meant "corner stores" :cool2:

Well I found an outlet that may or may not have had M10 keys for a much smaller total. Clearance rack Id say.

If anyone here plays League let me know.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back