Nvidia Shield TV

whocaresgobobcats

Vomit Free Since 93
Man, if you are into cord cutting and gaming, you gotta check this out.

Bought it on a whim at Best Buy, $299 for the box, controller, 500 GB HD and the remote comes free right now. Same deal on Amazon too. The 16 GB version goes for $199.

Incredible streaming device. Netflix in 4k is awesome. I've downloaded the Kodi app and side loaded add-ons that let me stream anything. Found a sports add on that provides free streams. Does all the streaming services (except Amazon).

I haven't even touched the gaming yet, but from everything I've read, this thing is extremely powerful for what it is. (Edit: Scratch that - I did download an N64 emulator to play some Goldeneye 64. Controls a little funky, but can't wait to explore more games.)

So if you are in the market for a nice streaming device, check this one out. I've barely scratched the service of it and it's already worth the price.

Amazon.com: NVIDIA SHIELD - 4K Streaming Media (Netflix, HBO, Kodi / XBMC). Android TV with Chromecast. Advanced Gaming. 4X Higher Performance (Apple TV / Roku): Video Games

Last edited:
Man, if you are into cord cutting and gaming, you gotta check this out.

Bought it on a whim at Best Buy, $299 for the box, controller, 500 GB HD and the remote comes free right now. Same deal on Amazon too. The 16 GB version goes for $199.

Incredible streaming device. Netflix in 4k is awesome. I've downloaded the Kodi app and side loaded add-ons that let me stream anything. Found a sports add on that provides free streams. Does all the streaming services (except Amazon).

I haven't even touched the gaming yet, but from everything I've read, this thing is extremely powerful for what it is. (Edit: Scratch that - I did download an N64 emulator to play some Goldeneye 64. Controls a little funky, but can't wait to explore more games.)

So if you are in the market for a nice streaming device, check this one out. I've barely scratched the service of it and it's already worth the price.

Amazon.com: NVIDIA SHIELD - 4K Streaming Media (Netflix, HBO, Kodi / XBMC). Android TV with Chromecast. Advanced Gaming. 4X Higher Performance (Apple TV / Roku): Video Games

How good is Kodi on there? I had terrible luck with Kodi on my firestick and Kodi wasn't that great on my Mac Air either.

I think I'm sold on getting one of these things. I've watched a couple of videos on youtube and Kodi seems to run smooth. It would be one of the main reasons I'd want to get it though because I have a smart tv so I don't need the apps and I'm not sure how much gaming I'd get out of it since I have a PS4 already.

How good is Kodi on there? I had terrible luck with Kodi on my firestick and Kodi wasn't that great on my Mac Air either.

It's awesome for me. I had never used Kodi until I got the Shield. I read a few things online about it and installed an Add-On called The Royal We and now I can watch any TV show and movie. Also added Sports Devil so I can stream sports that I don't get OTA or on ESPN app.

I started watching the TV version of Limitless. Every episode so has been in perfect HD with no problems.

I haven't even fully explored everything yet, but just what I've installed so far has made it worth it.

I think I'm sold on getting one of these things. I've watched a couple of videos on youtube and Kodi seems to run smooth. It would be one of the main reasons I'd want to get it though because I have a smart tv so I don't need the apps and I'm not sure how much gaming I'd get out of it since I have a PS4 already.
If you're into retro games, you can play almost anything from Dreamcast on back on the emulators.

VN Store

Back