XBO Shooter recommendation

kiddiedoc

Renaissance Man
Staff member
Looking to get a FPS for the new console. Definitely want a good single-player campaign mode and would love to have a PG-setting option for the language, as my boys will be playing, too. I'm reading very mediocre reviews of the newer COD offerings. GOW might be a little gory/scary for the boys.

Any advice is appreciated.

Looking to get a FPS for the new console. Definitely want a good single-player campaign mode and would love to have a PG-setting option for the language, as my boys will be playing, too. I'm reading very mediocre reviews of the newer COD offerings. GOW might be a little gory/scary for the boys.

Hmm I don't know of a PG FPS. However, I played the hell out of Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare this summer. It's a 3rd person 6v6 shooter. Very PG and surprisingly fun.

COD Ghosts was meh, I hated Advanced Warfare, but I'm really enjoying Black Ops 3. Others will say differently though. GOW is very violent. What did you enjoy in the previous console generation?

Destiny is really good and it's fairly tame in the sense that it's not graphic or gory. It's an always online, always connected game but you can play it on your own or with others. I highly recommend The Taken King edition.

I personally think black ops 3 is the best COD in awhile and it does had a content filter I believe.

Last edited:

I don't play many fps anymore, but I always thought the halo series had the best single-player campaigns, and if your xbox didn't come with the Master Chief collection, and they haven't played the previous ones that might be the one to go with. It seems like they have been mostly pg. maybe pg-13 at worse.

I don't play many fps anymore, but I always thought the halo series had the best single-player campaigns, and if your xbox didn't come with the Master Chief collection, and they haven't played the previous ones that might be the one to go with. It seems like they have been mostly pg. maybe pg-13 at worse.

Yeah, the Halos have some violence but it's pretty tame, and I don't remember there being much language. I'm pretty sure they're all rated Teen. The MCC is 4 games for probably $30-40 now. Like Christian said, Star Wars Battlefront is really kid friendly, but there is no campaign. And like Brave said, Destiny is an online only FPS. It's a lot like Halo.

Thanks for the info. I don't have a ton of time to play, but I enjoyed one of the Halo (2?) games, GOW 1&2, COD:MW, and Battlefield 3 on the 360. I guess I'll try Black Ops 3.

Star Wars would be cool if it had a campaign, since the boys love the movies.

I had a fighter pilot game that was tons of fun on the projector screen, but I loaned it to somebody a few years back and it never made it home. I can't even remember the name. Wonder if there will be a good option for something similar on the One.

Thanks for the info. I don't have a ton of time to play, but I enjoyed one of the Halo (2?) games, GOW 1&2, COD:MW, and Battlefield 3 on the 360. I guess I'll try Black Ops 3.

Star Wars would be cool if it had a campaign, since the boys love the movies.

I had a fighter pilot game that was tons of fun on the projector screen, but I loaned it to somebody a few years back and it never made it home. I can't even remember the name. Wonder if there will be a good option for something similar on the One.

Squadron on Battlefront and jets in BF4 is all I can think of.

Doesn't BO3 have bots as well? Good for playing MP with your boys when you get tired of campaign and don't wanna play online with others.

Squadron on Battlefront and jets in BF4 is all I can think of.

It was Ace Combat, not sure which one (5?). I can't believe there isn't more demand for flight/fighter sims. Since when are people not fascinated with flying???

Doesn't BO3 have bots as well? Good for playing MP with your boys when you get tired of campaign and don't wanna play online with others.

Maybe a silly question, but can you play split screen multiplayer online/with bots? (So we could play together and I could supervise)

It was Ace Combat, not sure which one (5?). I can't believe there isn't more demand for flight/fighter sims. Since when are people not fascinated with flying???

I think Ace Combat 7 is a PS VR exclusive. I'm sure there will be a Star Wars Rogue Squadron soon enough.

VN Store

Back