Nintendo Switch and Switch Lite Chatter

Brave Volunteer

I figured I'd go ahead and create a thread for this since this is rumored to be coming out at the end of 2016.

It's not a secret that the WiiU has been a resounding commercial failure. So it's not surprising that Nintendo is expediting the release of it's next console. Most of the information circulating around Nintendo's mysterious new console is speculation and rumors. However there are bits and pieces of information that we know.

Nintendo NX Wiki Guide - IGN

Nintendo NX: Everything we know about Nintendo's new mystery console | TechRadar

The "NX" was first mentioned by Satoru Iwata during a press conference in Japan in early 2015...

"As proof that Nintendo maintains strong enthusiasm for the dedicated game system business, let me confirm that Nintendo is currently developing a dedicated game platform with a brand-new concept under the development codename "NX". It is too early to elaborate on the details of this project, but we hope to share more information with you next year."

Also, Iwata said Nintendo's new membership service would play a key role in the "NX."

Nintendo, together with DeNA, will jointly develop a new membership service which encompasses the existing Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, the new hardware system with a brand-new concept, NX, and smart devices and PCs, and Nintendo will be the primary party to operate this new membership service.
Unlike the Club Nintendo membership service that Nintendo has been operating, the new membership service will include multiple devices and create a connection between Nintendo and each individual consumer regardless of the device the consumer uses. This membership will form one of the core elements of the new Nintendo platform that I just mentioned.

More insider information...

“Though I cannot confirm when it will be launched or any other details of the system, since I have confirmed that it will be ‘a dedicated video game platform with a brand new concept’ [as stated during the initial announcement] it should mean that we do not intend it to become a simple ‘replacement’ for Nintendo 3DS or Wii U,” he told investors in a now translated Japanese Q&A.
“When it comes to how dedicated game systems are being played, the situations have become rather different, especially between Japan and overseas.
“Since we are always thinking about how to create a new platform that will be accepted by as many people around the world as possible, we would like to offer to them ‘a dedicated video game platform with a brand new concept’ by taking into consideration various factors, including the playing environments that differ by country. This is all that I can confirm today.”
What all of this means is of course open to debate. Does Iwata intend for the NX to exist on the market alongside 3DS and Wii U? Some have predicted that the new machine will serve both as a home console and handheld – which by definition would see it replace both existing machines.
Or does Iwata instead mean that the NX’s “brand new concept” is so different to the existing hardware that it will not compete in the same space?
And what of the comment “When it comes to how dedicated game systems are being played, the situations have become rather different, especially between Japan and overseas”? This presumably references the growing mobile sector – which in Japan has had a far bigger impact on the struggling console market. Does this mean Nintendo’s new machine will be more mobile than console focused.
With no new details expected at E3 next month, don’t expect any answers in the immediate future.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4e2otLh8jw[/youtube]

Nintendo's new game console is scheduled to enter mass production at the end of the first quarter 2016 and despite the fact that the Japan-based company is targeting to ship 20 million units in 2016, the device's upstream component suppliers expect shipments to only reach around 10-12 million units. Foxconn Electronics (Hon Hai Precision Industry) reportedly has been chosen to manufacture the device, but the company declined to comment on its clients or orders.

The new console is estimated to enter mass shipments in the second quarter. In addition to Foxconn, suppliers such as Foxconn Technology, Macronix, Pixart Imaging, Coxon Precise Industrial, Nishoku Technology, Delta Technology, Lingsen Precision Industries and Jentech will also supply components for the device.

Digitimes Research expects Microsoft's Xbox One and Sony's PlayStation 4 to achieve shipments of 13 and 18 million units, respectively in 2016, and if Nintendo's new console is able to ship 10 million units in the year, the company will then be able to maintain its competitiveness in the market.

On June 3, 2014, Nintendo Co., Ltd filed in the US via the USPTO a patent application titled "Supplemental Computing Devices For Game Consoles". It describes certain supplemental devices that a game console may utilize to increase the speed or quality of a user's gaming experience (in a cloud gaming context primarily); the device may provide processing and/or storage resources to game consoles to assist these game consoles in executing a game or performing other tasks (viewing or editing photos, watching videos, etc.) on the game console, among many other things. I find this quite peculiar, so let's dig into it. Here's the abstract and a few excerpts, and as usual the images (in very high quality this time). Interesting parts bolded/underlined.

Additionally, there is a foreign reference to a European patent by Deutsche Telekom AG for "Method and system of using networked virtual machines of mobile devices in the cloud to provide mobile applications and services". There's also some prior art to Nintendo's filing, but it's currently not available via USPTO's PAIR.

Nintendo files patent application for cloud gaming devices - NeoGAF

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIAowJnEAPQ[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr8dpCKktCQ[/youtube]

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Nintendo NX could be unveiled in June at E3 2016 | Expert Reviews

"Nintendo NX could be unveiled in June 2016 at E3"

Nintendo's next console, currently codenamed the Nintendo NX, is on its way. Announced on the same day as Nintendo's new mobile partnership with Japanese game giant DeNA back in March 2015, all we know about the Nintendo NX so far is that it will be "a dedicated game platform with a brand-new concept", with more details to follow in 2016. However, that won't stop us (or indeed the internet at large) from speculating what the Nintendo NX might entail, or indeed when it will arrive, as there are plenty of features we'd like to see on Nintendo's new console that didn't make it onto Wii U. Here's everything we know about the NX so far:

Release date - October or November 2016?

The Nintendo NX may be arriving this autumn. According to a new report from a Nomura Securities analyst (via Barron's Asia), Nintendo will allegedly be unveiling its new console in full this June - presumably at this year's E3 - leading to full and final launch sometime between October and November, fitting in perfectly with the end of year shopping season. They also said they expect Nintendo to announce the "concept" between March and May, so we may not have to wait very much longer before we find out what exactly the NX will entail.

Nintendo said last year that it will start talking about the console this year, so I wouldn't be surprised if it held a special Nintendo Direct broadcast in the next few months to tell us more about it. Whether this will then lead to a full reveal at E3 and a Christmas-time launch is anyone's guess, but the Nomura report would seem to co-incide with another rumours from Digitimes, who said that Nintendo apparently gave the go-ahead to its supply chain partners Foxconn and Pegatron to start pilot production of its new console last October. Sources close to the project said that these orders are then expected to be finalised in February or March, with mass production beginning in May or June in preparation for a July launch window.

This would certainly make for a compelling E3 conference for Nintendo, which always takes place in early June, but I think an autumn launch is probably more likely out of these two options. There's also Nintendo's remaining hit titles to consider, as the next Legend of Zelda game is still due to arrive this year and is (as far as we know) in development for the Wii U. Of course, there's always a chance Nintendo could release the game simultaneously on both consoles as it did for The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess on the Wii and GameCube, but so far Nintendo's given no indication this will be the case.

A mobile console hybrid?

According to The Wall Street Journal (via Eurogamer), Nintendo has begun issuing developers with software kits for the Nintendo NX, revealing some intriguing details about what the console might entail. According to the WSJ's sources, the NX will include "a mobile unit that could either be used in conjunction with the console or taken on the road for separate use."

This would suggest that the NX will also replace the New 3DS and New 3DS XL, which Nintendo launched back in February, creating a handheld console hybrid that can be used at home or on the move. It would almost be like the Wii U's GamePad controller could function as its own separate console, although presumably the NX's "mobile unit" would be much smaller and more compact to make it remotely portable.

The NX will also apparently use "industry-leading chips", suggesting it might actually surpass the PS4 and Xbox One in raw power rather than simply play catch up like the Wii U. Despite launching little more than a year before the PS4 and Xbox One, the Wii U is actually more comparable with the PS3 and Xbox 360, and has missed out on several of this generation's major multi-platform titles as a result. Of course, it's still too early to say how it will compare with the inevitable PlayStation 5 and Xbox One successor (the Xbox Two?), but it's still a promising sign for Nintendo fans who have been disappointed by the Wii U's rather lacklustre performance.

NX won't be the "next version of Wii or Wii U"

Regardless of whether it's a mobile/console hybrid, Nintendo President Tatsumi Kimishima has stated that the NX won't simply be a better Wii U. In an interview with Time, Kimishima said the NX will be the "next step in our dedicated device strategy, the core and primary focus of our business," emphasising that it will be completely different to Nintendo's current line of consoles. He also reiterated that NX won't be shunned in favour of mobile games.

"I can assure you we’re not building the next version of Wii or Wii U," he said. "It’s something unique and different. It’s something where we have to move away from those platforms in order to make it something that will appeal to our consumer base."

He also said that we shouldn't be reading too much into the code name 'NX'. "As for the codename NX, I don’t believe that there’s any real meaning behind it, and to be perfectly honest, I don’t know where it came from. Or perhaps Mr. Iwata had meant to tell me and then never got the chance."

Touchscreen controller?

The NX may not have anything to do with the Wii or Wii U, then, but a new patent that's emerged suggests Nintendo may still be aiming to include a Wii U GamePad-style touchscreen in one of its future controllers. The patent in question appeared on Free Patents Online with the title "Game Apparatus and Information Processing Apparatus", and it describes a controller with a kind of elliptical oblong touchscreen display that forms an arc on the front of the controller. There are also two holes on the left and right side of the display panel where operation sticks will be inserted. The official description reads as follows: "A game apparatus of a first embodiment comprises a housing gaving a display planel that display at least a virtual game space. Furthermore, the game apparatus comprises an operation unit having an operation portion and a detection portion. The operation unit provided penetrates the display panel, and the detection portion is located inside the housing and the operation portion is exposed outside the housing."
From the looks of things, though, these sticks will be used to perform a variety of functions, such as selecting different inventory choices, aiming guns, controlling movement and even typing text. The touchscreen, on the other hand, is shown to display the main menu screen, submenu screens and web browsers. There's even a diagram showing that you'll be able to hold the controller vertically, with the web page appearing in the middle of the controller while the date, time, battery bar, and menu buttons appear round the controller. The patent also reveals a wireless communication module and I/F card, suggesting we might also see a return of the GamePad's NFC capabilities and TV remote control features. It's certainly an interesting design, to say the least, and would fit in nicely with the current theory of a mobile/console hybrid. However, it's probably unlikely that this will be the final form of the controller, as I'd imagine that having two great big control sticks in the touchscreen display would be rather awkward. It's definitely not quite as elegant as Nintendo's previous controllers (N64 aside), but we'll have to watch this space to see if something similar does eventually materialize.

Operating System - Android NX?

Nintendo consoles have always used proprietary operating systems that have been developed in-house at Nintendo, but a report emerged from Japanese newspaper Nikkei last June that the NX will apparently break with Nintendo tradition and use Google's Android OS as its main operating system. While a Nintendo UK spokesperson told Expert Reviews that Nintendo "does not comment on rumour or speculation", the company has since told the Wall Street Journal that "there is no truth to the report saying that we are planning to adopt Android for NX."

According to Nikkei, an unnamed person familiar with the matter said, "[The NX's] operating system is loaded with Android," citing that it would help "speed up getting all game developers on board." The unnamed source also said that it would help development expand across multiple platforms, such as smartphones, tablets and other devices, which would certainly fit in nicely with Nintendo's recent plans to release games on mobiles.

The source also went to say that the reason why Nintendo might be adopting Android is because the Wii U is not compatible with other game consoles. This makes it harder for developers to port games over for multi-platform titles, and it makes it difficult for them to make back their development costs. There's some sliver of truth in this, as the PS4 and Xbox One now both have very similar hardware, so porting titles across isn't as tricky as it used to be. However, moving to Android would hardly make Nintendo's current situation any easier, as it would still be the only major console manufacturer using Google's operating system.

Nikkei has been generally been quite reliable as far as previous Nintendo rumours go. Last year, the newspaper reported that Nintendo was planning on putting promotional mini-games on smartphones, which Nintendo promptly denied, only to announce plans to release full-blown games on smartphones in March. Likewise, months before it announced the 3DS XL, Nintendo denied Nikkei rumours that it would be releasing a larger version of its 3DS console. There's still a possibility the NX may run Android given Nikkei's past track record, but we won't know for sure until Nintendo unveils the new console next year.

Rewards program 'My Nintendo' revealed

Nintendo has finally given us some details on its new customer rewards program that will work with the NX. Dubbed 'My Nintendo', this new points program will replace Club Nintendo, which was closed down at the end of September. Wuth Club Nintendo, you earned points for each game and piece of add-on content you bought, which you could then spend on items in the Club Nintendo catalogue, which ranged from game vouchers and soundtracks to notebooks and figurines.

My Nintendo will work in a similar fashion, but Nintendo said you'll also be able to earn points while you play as well. It didn't go into detail on how this will work, but it could, for instance, involve an achievements-like system, or simply rewarding you points on a chapter-by-chapter basis depending on how far you get in the game. Rewards will include free add-on content, such as new character costumes or 3DS Home Themes, discount coupons for the eShop or physical items much like those we saw on Club Nintendo.

More importantly, the online version of My Nintendo will let you buy games and software - something previously unsupported on Club Nintendo. You'll also be able to check your player profile and the number of points you currently have. In the future, Nintendo also hopes to use My Nintendo to provide cloud saves for your NX and mobile games.

It's easy to sign up for as well, as Nintendo said you'll be able to log in with your existing Nintendo Network ID, or even your Facebook, Twitter or Google account. Alternatively, you can always use a simple email and password combo if you prefer. This is extremely good news, as it sounds like Nintendo is making it as easy to sign up for as possible, so those long tedious surveys of Club Nintendo yore should be gone for good.

Give up Nintendo. Just license your games out to other systems.

That may be closer to reality than ever. They're already moving into mobile games. Honestly I think this console will be a last ditch effort to see if they can even compete anymore.

I think the Wii was something that even shocked them at how popular it was, but honestly while it was fun, I never thought it was that great of a system. It was way more gimmick than good IMHO. It has some good games but the vast majority of people I knew that got a Wii only ever played Wii Sports and after a year or two stopped playing it or even got rid of it. I have a Wii U and I think they simply thought releasing something with Wii in the title would sell like hotcakes again and they vastly underestimated how over the Wii the public was. I hardly know anyone who has a Wii U besides myself.

I think after this one they'll go handheld full time and start releasing their stuff 3rd party on Sony and Microsoft's platforms.

Nintendo is so out of touch. Give up on hardware. Make games and minitransaction yourself back to making money.

I love Nintendo, but they got to make a system which plays the sort of stuff a lot of guys and gals like to play. I would consider a system from Nintendo that is similar to the xbox and PlayStation. In fact I would love a system like that. All the cool Nintendo games plus the more mature games as well on one system.

It's about damn time they make a membership service to link their platforms. Welcome to 2002, Nintendo. I've been on Xbox Live since George W. Bush's first term.

You have to re-buy games or go through a pain in the ass process when changing to a new 3DS and carrying games over to it. Not to mention being charged again to re-download NES/SNES classics on the WiiU after already purchasing them on the Wii.

Hopefully they'll implement an achievement system to further link your gaming progress and history across all platforms.

Wouldn't count Nintendo out quite yet. As crazy as the Wii seemed when it released, it was one of the best selling consoles of all time.

I do think if they don't nail VR, which is right around the corner, they may be headed for the same fate as Sega and Atari though.

Wouldn't count Nintendo out quite yet. As crazy as the Wii seemed when it released, it was one of the best selling consoles of all time.

I do think if they don't nail VR, which is right around the corner, they may be headed for the same fate as Sega and Atari though.

Yeah, as long as they have their handhelds, they can print currency.

Do y'all really think the VR headsets will take off? After experiencing many of the awful add-ons for '90s consoles all the way up to the PlayStation Eye and Xbox Kinect...I can't help but be pessimistic as hell about these things.

Someone is going to get it right... and I will finally have my "holo deck" from Star Trek I've always wanted =D

VR and human+tech augmentation seem like the next inevitable steps.

I'm pretty sure we will see cybernetics within our lifetime.

Last edited:
I'm not ready to give up on Nintendo just yet. When it comes to the NX, I'm at least willing to listen to what Nintendo has to say (and show). I have a WiiU and while I'm not crazy about the underpowered architecture, the clumsily designed tablet controller, and the woefully archaic network, there's no denying that Nintendo exclusives are great. In fact, in terms of hours spent playing I've probably been on my WiiU as much if not more than the other 2 consoles. So as long as Nintendo is creating consoles and putting great gaming experiences on them, I'll support them.

Also, those of you who think Nintendo might go the way of Sega really should get a better understanding of their financial situation. Nintendo has a "war chest" of 10.5 BILLION in actual, liquid cash in the bank. They have enough cash to run a deficit of 257 million dollars for 38 straight years before it would run out. And that's just cash. That's not even factoring in the worth of their total assets. By comparison, they are in a MUCH better financial situation than Sony is, even with the success of the PS4.

Even with the failure of the WiiU, Nintendo is making a boat load off the sale of the 3DS and their Amiibo toy line. Plus their newly formed mobile division will ensure yet another very lucrative revenue stream for the company, not to mention their partnership with Universal Studios that's going to add a Nintendo-themed area in their theme parks. So even if Nintendo's home consoles aren't their biggest money maker, they have plenty of other revenue streams to subsidize it (just like Microsoft does with their Xbox division, which has never really made them a lot of money either). At their big financial meeting in April of 2015, Iwata made it very clear that Nintendo is firmly committed to the home console business and had absolutely no interest in becoming a 3rd party developer.

Last edited:
I love my Wii U, but the issue again is that the content is not competing with other consoles. I love the nostalgia-inducing Nintendo exclusives, but there needs to be more content and the online "experience" (I use that term extremely loosely) needs total revamping.

That may be closer to reality than ever. They're already moving into mobile games. Honestly I think this console will be a last ditch effort to see if they can even compete anymore.

I think the Wii was something that even shocked them at how popular it was, but honestly while it was fun, I never thought it was that great of a system. It was way more gimmick than good IMHO. It has some good games but the vast majority of people I knew that got a Wii only ever played Wii Sports and after a year or two stopped playing it or even got rid of it. I have a Wii U and I think they simply thought releasing something with Wii in the title would sell like hotcakes again and they vastly underestimated how over the Wii the public was. I hardly know anyone who has a Wii U besides myself.

I think after this one they'll go handheld full time and start releasing their stuff 3rd party on Sony and Microsoft's platforms.

My kiddo got a Wii U for Christmas this year. He loves it (especially the game pad). The issue I have is it didn't come with another controller besides the game pad. I bought a controller (Game Cube style) so I could play Smash Bros with him but it doesn't connect to the console. I have to buy another damn Wii controller to connect it to.

While the Wii was a smashing, unexpected hit, I think it was definitely more the exception and not the rule. Nintendo has been losing the console market since just after the SNES days. The N64 got smashed by the PlayStation, and the GameCube got smashed by the PlayStation 2. The Wii was kind of "right place, right time" and tapped into the casual market.

The problem is the casuals moved on to mobile games. The hardcore already left for Sony and Microsoft a long time ago. Nintendo does have a smaller but very loyal group of fans that will buy any Nintendo console, and you're right, Nintendo has more money than most realize so "losing" money isn't a big deal.

While the Wii was a smashing, unexpected hit, I think it was definitely more the exception and not the rule. Nintendo has been losing the console market since just after the SNES days. The N64 got smashed by the PlayStation, and the GameCube got smashed by the PlayStation 2. The Wii was kind of "right place, right time" and tapped into the casual market.

The problem is the casuals moved on to mobile games. The hardcore already left for Sony and Microsoft a long time ago. Nintendo does have a smaller but very loyal group of fans that will buy any Nintendo console, and you're right, Nintendo has more money than most realize so "losing" money isn't a big deal.

What's so odd about that though is you would think that would be hurting Nintendo's handheld business more than anything but it's not. The 3DS has sold something north of 50 million units worldwide.

I think Nintendo's home console struggles have been because of a lack of 3rd party support due to a combination of short-sighted decisions by Nintendo over the years. The N64 really SHOULD have been the dominant console of the 32-bit generation, however Nintendo's decision to stick with the cartridge format instead of using CD-ROM cost them a ton of 3rd party support. They were more expensive to manufacture and the storage capacity was much smaller. It cost them SquareSoft, which cost them Final Fantasy 7, which ultimately cost them the Japanese market. Much like with Wii U, Nintendo was forced to be the primary content provider which left N64 users waiting long periods of time between releases (again, just like Wii U). The Gamecube's problem was instead of using the DVD format, Nintendo opted to go with mini-disks which, again, was a smaller storage capacity that 3rd parties did not want to deal with. Much of PS2's popularity was due to the fact that it was a cheap DVD player. Had the Gamecube used standard DVD, more 3rd party games would have been on the console and they could have potentially sold more units as a DVD player. The Wii U's problem is that it's an underpowered machine that 3rd parties could not easily port their titles to. Plus they are woefully behind on their online network infrastructure.

Personally I don't think it's too late for Nintendo to tap into the current generation and carve out a nice sizable user base. Between PS4 and Xbox 1 there have only been roughly 50-55 million consoles sold. Last generation PS3 and X360 sold 80-90 million consoles each and the Wii sold over 100 million, so this generation hasn't come close to reaching critical mass yet.

Some more info about NX and Nintendo's mobile plans.

Nintendo Reveals NX, Smartphone Game Plans for 2016

Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima revealed the company's broad plans for the future on Friday. Kimishima said that Nintendo will announce details about its next-generation "NX" platform in 2016.

The company president said that the NX will not be the successor for existing game hardware, and it will be based on a completely new concept. Kimishima also stated that Nintendo's plans to release smartphone games and collaborate on a project with the Universal Studios theme park are advancing.

Kimishima said that the company's goal is to establish a new business model related to video games, and releasing new projects will be an important part of that plan. The company is continuing licensing discussions so that other companies can use Nintendo's game characters in films and television anime.

Kimishima confirmed that Nintendo's first smartphone game will launch in March. Nintendo hopes to release smartphone games that feature the company's well-known characters within the year.

Nintendo is also planning to diversify its revenue sources. Nintendo hopes that with fan support it can earn 100 billion yen (about US$855 million) in operating profits within several years.

Nintendo announced last March that it "is developing a game hardware platform with an entirely new concept under the developmental codename NX" with mobile services company DeNA. Nintendo's late former president and CEO Satoru Iwata then revealed in May that the company is considering making the console region-free. Square Enix announced in July that it is bringing its Dragon Quest X: Mezameshi Itsutsu no Shuzoku Online (Dragon Quest X: Awakening of the Five Races Online) online game to the PlayStation 4 and NX platform.

Nintendo unveiled its first smartphone game Miitomo in July. The communication app that will use Mii characters will launch this March. Nintendo is also working with the The Pokemon Company, GAME FREAK, and software development company Niantic (Ingress) to release the Pokémon GO smartphone app for Android phones and iPhones in 2016.

Nintendo plans to launch approximately five smart device titles by the end of March 2017. Nintendo had originally planned to release its first smart device title by the end of 2015, but delayed the title "to further improve the application and to optimize the overall smart device business."

Nintendo reported its first positive operating income in its 4-6 month financial reports in five years in October. The company reported an operating profit of 8.9 billion yen (US$73.8 million) for the six month period ending on September 30. Kimishima became the new Representative Director and President of Nintendo earlier in September.

Yeah, Nintendo also said the DS wasn't the successor to the Game Boy Advance, and it obviously was.

Yeah, Nintendo also said the DS wasn't the successor to the Game Boy Advance, and it obviously was.

Oh yeah, this is all just lip service to keep WiiU owners and (more importantly) shareholders at bay. I think what he means honestly is the NX simply wont have the Wii name and wont be motion control based. However mark my words, once NX is revealed and the marketing machine starts, the WiiU support will unravel like a cheap suit. No matter what Nintendo says publicly, they are anxious to move past the WiiU era.

Based on the leaked specs and patent files, the new concept that Nintendo's president seems to be referring to is the NX is going to be some kind of console/handheld hybrid machine. I know that Nintendos mobile and home console departments have been consolidated into one department, which in of itself speaks volumes as to the direction they are going in. Personally I think this would be a smart move on their part, provided they dont gimp system performance to accommodate the mobile aspect of the design. My gut feeling tells me that the main chipset will rest in the system while the mobile portion will be the controller itself and play the games on the go via streaming /cloud in a similar manner to PS4/PS Vita (only hopefully much better)

Last edited:
Oh yeah, this is all just lip service to keep WiiU owners and (more importantly) shareholders at bay. I think what he means honestly is the NX simply wont have the Wii name and wont be motion control based. However mark my words, once NX is revealed and the marketing machine starts, the WiiU support will unravel like a cheap suit. No matter what Nintendo says publicly, they are anxious to move past the WiiU era.

Based on the leaked specs and patent files, the new concept that Nintendo's president seems to be referring to is the NX is going to be some kind of console/handheld hybrid machine. I know that Nintendos mobile and home console departments have been consolidated into one department, which in of itself speaks volumes as to the direction they are going in. Personally I think this would be a smart move on their part, provided they dont gimp system performance to accommodate the mobile aspect of the design. My gut feeling tells me that the main chipset will rest in the system while the mobile portion will be the controller itself and play the games on the go via streaming /cloud in a similar manner to PS4/PS Vita (only hopefully much better)

Oh I think the support for the Wii U has already started to slack, and probably has for a good while. The 3rd party lineup has always been poor and the first party support hasn't been good for a while.

I'm convinced that the new Zelda title will be just like Twilight Princess and will be pushed to the NX and then given a Wii U port. I honestly think Star Fox Zero will be Nintendo last big Wii U title.

Oh I think the support for the Wii U has already started to slack, and probably has for a good while. The 3rd party lineup has always been poor and the first party support hasn't been good for a while.

I'm convinced that the new Zelda title will be just like Twilight Princess and will be pushed to the NX and then given a Wii U port. I honestly think Star Fox Zero will be Nintendo last big Wii U title.

Agreed. In fact, I wouldnt be surprised if Zelda, Star Fox, and Pokken Tournament arent all being prepped for NX launch.

Agreed. In fact, I wouldnt be surprised if Zelda, Star Fox, and Pokken Tournament arent all being prepped for NX launch.

I would be surprised. Their dev cycles are terrible and they've never launched anything with 3 blockbusters like that before.

Let's be serious here. Nintendo is making an Ouya you can put in your pocket or dock in a home controller.

I would be surprised. Their dev cycles are terrible and they've never launched anything with 3 blockbusters like that before.

Let's be serious here. Nintendo is making an Ouya you can put in your pocket or dock in a home controller.

New leadership, new direction. Besides, of those 3 only Zelda is a true blockbuster. Star Fox has never been as popular (or as good) as Nintendo fans want to believe it is. Pokken tournament is just a relatively unpopular (in Japan) arcade fighting game featuring Pokemon characters.

The NX will be way more than the freakn' Ouya! Come on Rose, youre smarter than that!

VN Store

Back