Anyone tried Rocksmith 2014

Orange_Vol1321

I got it for the wife since she wanted to learn some guitar. Needless to say our fingers are killing us but thats part of it. Anyone tried this? I haven't seen a thread on it.

Bought it for my son, who got a bass guitar for Christmas. It's awesome and he loves it. Wish I had something like this when I was learning to play

I'm tempted to go buy a lefty electric so I can try it out

From what I understand you can play the same song together at the same time so It might be worth another guitar and cable.

The only problem she had with it was the songs that come on the game. Alot of heavy metal which she doesn't like but I did buy her some Playstation Store cards so she could download what she wanted.

If it works it has to be Imo the best game ever made since its actually teaching you how to play a guitar.

One thing I will add. I noticed as we tuned the guitar for the different songs it would stutter or be choppy as would gameplay.

Rocksmith website says the HDMI cable cant handle the graphics/audio of the game and suggests when playing to run all sound through the fiber optic Toslink output of the PS4. I have a older mixer with only RCA inputs hooked up to a pair of Mackie SR1530s. So I bought a digital to analog audio converter at radio shack and all the choppy or stuttering gameplay has disappeared.

I have to say it is a blast to play.

See if you can find a cheap AV receiver on craigslist that has fiber optic inputs; they've been around for quite awhile

I have it. As a long time guitar player I can tell you that Rocksmith is a fantastic SUPPLEMENTAL tool for learning guitar. It's chock full of great information for both learning and for reference. It does a fantastic job of breaking songs down and adapting itself to your skill level. It's also a great way for those who might be interested in learning guitar to get their feet wet and see if it's something they want to commit to long term.

Having said that, it will never, ever, ever replace the value of a personal instructor. Anyone who is serious about learning to play guitar should seek out a good teacher to take lessons from. The value in that (along with finding others to play with) can never be replicated by a video game.

Reactions: 1 person
I have it. As a long time guitar player I can tell you that Rocksmith is a fantastic SUPPLEMENTAL tool for learning guitar. It's chock full of great information for both learning and for reference. It does a fantastic job of breaking songs down and adapting itself to your skill level. It's also a great way for those who might be interested in learning guitar to get their feet wet and see if it's something they want to commit to long term.

Having said that, it will never, ever, ever replace the value of a personal instructor. Anyone who is serious about learning to play guitar should seek out a good teacher to take lessons from. The value in that (along with finding others to play with) can never be replicated by a video game.

Good information. Thank you

VN Store

Back