Kingdom Come: Deliverance

SWIL

( •_•)O*¯`·.¸.·´¯`°Q(•_•)
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGPFOrc-x48[/youtube]

:rock2:

Many are calling it the next Skyrim. Very deep open world RPG but without the fantasy elements. The combat system could be a game changer

I've had this game on my Steam wishlist since early last year. Quite interested in how the game does.

Remember when Skyrim set the bar for all RPGs? I believe Kingdom Come is about to raise it again

Remember when Skyrim set the bar for all RPGs? I believe Kingdom Come is about to raise it again

I don't know man. Reviews are saying this is a tough game to get into. Might be too much to have that broad appeal.

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product and how folks like it.

I don't know man. Reviews are saying this is a tough game to get into. Might be too much to have that broad appeal.

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product and how folks like it.

I hope so... the Elder Scrolls games (ESO doesn't count) have never really catered to the mainstream crowd either... To heck with mass appeal and the lowest common denominator games!

It may not get close to breaking Skyrim sales records but RPG nuts like yours truly are going to eat this up!

I have this preordered. Pick it up next Wednesday.

Actually I pick it up Tuesday. Oops lol. Even better. Can’t wait.

I am finishing up Shadow of the Colossus tonight. If you found yourself wondering if it was worth the 40 bucks to play the game again.. do it. Especially if you haven’t since the ps2. It is absolutely stunning. I would’ve never imagined the game could look this good.

Actually I pick it up Tuesday. Oops lol. Even better. Can’t wait.

I am finishing up Shadow of the Colossus tonight. If you found yourself wondering if it was worth the 40 bucks to play the game again.. do it. Especially if you haven’t since the ps2. It is absolutely stunning. I would’ve never imagined the game could look this good.

Damn. That wasn't even on my radar but the overwhelmingly positive reviews are making it hard to ignore. Jeez and the ferris wheel just keeps on turning for PS4 with one highly praised exclusive after another. 2018 is looking very similar to 2017 in this regard. In terms of pure gaming output, Sony has been damn near perfect this generation with both quality and quantity.

Regarding Kingdom Come, I've watched some video footage and I don't know man. It looks rather slow, plodding, tedious and boring. I enjoy the fantasy elements in games like Skyrim and The Witcher, so taking those out might make for a dull experience.

pre ordered last night - one more day.... Will post my full thoughts on it sometime this week.

I decided to go the PC route as I don't have a PS4 pro and I don't expect hardware as old as the OG PS4 to handle this game well.

PC def seems the way to go. I was watching a PS4 stream yesterday and it wasn't looking all that great. Not terrible, but nothing close to what the PC should do.

Reactions: 1 person
Hits steam at 3am EST for anyone interested

Got about 4 hours in today. So far, I'm confident in saying KCD has mostly lived up to the hype.

While everyone wants to compare it to Skyrim, I feel it shares much more DNA with The Witcher III when it comes to pacing and storytelling. In fact, it feels exactly like the witcher III in 1st person - except you aren't a badass and there are no monsters.

The tutorial is incredibly long - in fact - I'm still in it. They do a clever job of not making it feel like a tutorial, though.

I love the fact that this game does not hold your hand at all. You are given a task and are left up to your own actions to solve it. They do let you know when you are "warm" on finding a potential solution, but every quest starts out cold.

The depth and attention to detail is incredible, but the game does suffer from some bugs here and there (it randomly freezes on my PC for about 30 secs at a time).

I haven't done much fighting other than beating up a drunk and some rival village teenagers; so I can't really speak to the combat system yet other than it feels "weighty"and driven on stamina mgmt and timing your attacks. Fights feel more than a chess match than a frantic DPS brawl.

So far KCD is everything I hoped it would be. If you are a fan of the Witcher III; this is a must-buy.

Last edited:
Have to wait til I get home from work to play it. Last night mostly consisted of downloading that 25 gig patch.

SWIL, what are your PC specs? I want to make sure my rig can run it. Been hearing that town settings hurt FPS.

I've been following this game for almost 2 years and I finally get to pick it up tonight. I'm not going to be very productive tomorrow that's for sure lol

I love this game.

Everything takes time, this is what I'm learning. It's meticulous, and all the various systems work really well together. There are plenty of bugs (I mean Skyrim and Witcher had none, right?) and I did crash on PS4 once, but other than I've been issue-free with the Day 1 patch and put in 14-15 hours so far.

I broke 3 lockpicks before I opened a very easy chest.

I ran my horse into the creek on the first mission with the horse, until I got the hang of it (I don't like auto-pathing my mounts in games)

The AI could use improvement. Mounted enemies chased me into a shed that could barely fit 2 people and the game glitched like crazy until I was mercifully killed.

However, with all that said, the combat is fun and engaging. The inventory is structured nicely, the quests are all pretty meaty and the amount of ways you can play a quest is excellent. The music/ambience/lighting are all above average for a small budget title.

I definitely hope to see Warhorse continue this style of game.

Last edited:
The town you flee to after your village is attacked is pretty buggy for me on Xbox. There is a sizable portion of the population walking around headless, or with hair but no face. Anyone else having that problem?

SWIL, what are your PC specs? I want to make sure my rig can run it. Been hearing that town settings hurt FPS.

Amd FX4350 quad-core overclocked to 4.5ghz
8 gigs of ram
Nvidia GeForce gtx 1060 w/ 6 gigs of ram

I can't run every setting on high but have not tried ultra (I doubt my 1060 will handle it well)

It runs smooth for the most part but I do get periodically freezing.

VN Store

Back