Microsoft Customer Support

turn3

Visit killboy.com
I've got somewhat of a problem with my Microsoft account and I can't find a solution. The issue is that I can't remember my password and I no longer have access to the email account that's linked to my MS Acct from 8 years ago. I've tried everything I can find on their site and spent a hour+ on the phone with no resolution. Other than starting a new account do I have any options?

I've got somewhat of a problem with my Microsoft account and I can't find a solution. The issue is that I can't remember my password and I no longer have access to the email account that's linked to my MS Acct from 8 years ago. I've tried everything I can find on their site and spent a hour+ on the phone with no resolution. Other than starting a new account do I have any options?

You'll likely have to start a new account. I don't know any other way around it. That sucks you'll lose your achievements and years on Live. If you start a new account and buy a subscription, and some day remember the password to your old one, you can use the Gold access from your new account on your old account as long as you're on the same Xbox. It's a family sharing plan sort of thing.

Reactions: 1 person

I had the exact same issue with my PSN account on my PS3. I forgot my password and the email account I used to verify it was my old work email before the recession hit and they closed my plant. Like you I called customer support, explained the situation, but without a valid email account they couldn't do anything about it. Luckily for me, I hadn't bought that much digitally so I didn't lose a whole lot. However it was a big lesson that I learned to always keep my passwords saved. I now have them all logged on a Word file saved to my PC and on a thumb drive as backup.

I had the exact same issue with my PSN account on my PS3. I forgot my password and the email account I used to verify it was my old work email before the recession hit and they closed my plant. Like you I called customer support, explained the situation, but without a valid email account they couldn't do anything about it. Luckily for me, I hadn't bought that much digitally so I didn't lose a whole lot. However it was a big lesson that I learned to always keep my passwords saved. I now have them all logged on a Word file saved to my PC and on a thumb drive as backup.

And to not use work/school emails!

Reactions: 2 people
Oh God, I've gone down the Microsoft account recovery rabbit hole a couple of times, it isn't pretty...

VN Store

Back