PS4 or Xbox One?

turn3

Visit killboy.com
I've read the comparisons and I'm sure there's a thread about this buried somewhere but which one do you guys recommend. I always played the 360 way more the the PS3 so I'm leaning more towards the XB1 but I have several friends who have gotten the PS4. Any suggestions?

I've read the comparisons and I'm sure there's a thread about this buried somewhere but which one do you guys recommend. I always played the 360 way more the the PS3 so I'm leaning more towards the XB1 but I have several friends who have gotten the PS4. Any suggestions?

Go with whichever your friends are playing, if online gaming is your thing (That is what ultimately led me to mainly use my X1 more than my PS4).

If you're playing solo, it depends on what types of games you like to play.

I use my Ps4 for its exclusive/obscure games (Bloodborne, Final Fantasy 7/10,14), Indie games, and the JRPGS.

I use my X1 for playing the available 360 games that are backwards compatible, multiplatform games, and multiplayer games.

I'd say if you're used to 360 and are leaning that way, then go with what you're familiar with. But if all of your buddies are on the Ps4, go with it. You can't go wrong with either at their current prices.

Last edited:
I have both. Both are good. I favor PS4 because the hardware is slightly stronger, Im a bigger fan of its exclusives, most of my friends are on PS4, etc.

I went from ps1 to ps2 to 360, went through 3 of the 360s and went for the ps4. Microsoft doesn't make a product that will hold up for the long hall.

Whichever one your friends are on. I have ps4 and it wouldn't be nearly as fun playing without them

Reactions: 1 person
I went from ps1 to ps2 to 360, went through 3 of the 360s and went for the ps4. Microsoft doesn't make a product that will hold up for the long hall.

Eh my PS1 and 2 quit working before the 3 came out. My PS3 got the "Yellow Light of Death," my second one's Ethernet port went out, and I'm on my third one (which is working fine). My PS4's power supply failed last summer, but Sony replaced it for me. On the other hand, my original Xbox still works (been playing KotoR this week), my 360 from Christmas '05 is still running fine, and I haven't had an issue with my Xbox One yet (knock on wood).

Whatever you choose, OP, get a warranty, because s**t happens.

Reactions: 2 people
I've had both (2 times each). I ended up sticking with the PS4

Glad I'm not the only one lol...I started out with a PS4 at launch, but I got a bad one so I traded that in for a X1 TitianFall bundle, then traded that in for another PS4, which then was traded in for AC X1 bundle, which I sold to a friend because I stopped playing it. Now I have a PS4 and I'm sticking with it lol. There are too many exclusives I'm looking forward to on PS4. Mostly No Man's Sky, Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted 4, etc... Maybe next year I might buy and X1 on Black Friday if there are any good deals, because I still have friends on there.

To the OP: Having both (several times) the PS4 is my favorite for gaming. X1 is my favorite for multimedia. Both have awesome controllers compared to the PS3 controller, which I hated.

I have both but I use my Xbox One more because I have more contacts on it than the PS4. So far I've only bought 4 games for the PS4, but that's a tad misleading because if I didn't have an Xbox One I would have bought all the multi-console games on the PS4. But at last count I still have more Xbox exclusives than PS4 exclusives.

This is the answer, the pros and cons of each more or less balance out.

This. We can sit here and go back and forth all day about which one is better, but they mostly balance each other out with features. I'd say the friends thing sealed the deal for me. I know 2 people who play PS4 and 20+ old college buddies, coworkers, etc. who play X1.

The better question is why are all of y'all so damn indecisive? Lol

I just keep all of my consoles. Weird. 😂

Hahaha. I sold mine when the wife and I found out we were having a baby. I figured I would have no time for gaming, went through a two week mini crisis LOL

Hahaha. I sold mine when the wife and I found out we were having a baby. I figured I would have no time for gaming, went through a two week mini crisis LOL

Ha! I thought the same thing when my wife got pregnant. You soon find out that infants sleep...a LOT so time really isn't an issue! Now I have 2 boys, a 5 year old and an 11 month old. What's changed for me more than anything isn't so much how much time I have to play but WHAT I play. Anything I play until 8:30 has to be age-appropriate so it's mostly sports, racing, platformers, etc. After 8:30 I can play The Witchers, the Metal Gears, the Destiny's, and the Bloodborne's of the world.

A few have said it, but both more or less equal out. If you are in to multiplayer, definitely go with what your buddies have. If you are the loner type, as myself, go by the titles released. It always seemed I was way more interested in PS titles, plus I've had every generation of PS since the PS1 came out in junior high, so that just became my console over the years. However, I'm more of a PC gamer, and would recommend that route over both consoles.

A few have said it, but both more or less equal out. If you are in to multiplayer, definitely go with what your buddies have. If you are the loner type, as myself, go by the titles released. It always seemed I was way more interested in PS titles, plus I've had every generation of PS since the PS1 came out in junior high, so that just became my console over the years. However, I'm more of a PC gamer, and would recommend that route over both consoles.

I agree with this for sure.

VN Store

Back