Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege

SWIL

( •_•)O*¯`·.¸.·´¯`°Q(•_•)
Didn't see a thread for this - been playing the demo/beta this week. Been a blast so far

Didn't see a thread for this - been playing the demo/beta this week. Been a blast so far

I loaded up a t-hunt and it felt really laggy, for lack of a better word. The movement felt really slow and choppy. Maybe I just had a really bad connection or something.

I may try to load it up this weekend, but I'm really disappointed there's no cover system. I thought that was a big feature that set the RB6 games apart, for me anyway.

hmmm... no issues for me. Movement might not be a fluid as some of the other shooters though.

I'm really digging the realism so far; this is definitely a tactical shooter. Gun recoil is more realistic; full autos jump around significantly when you hold the trigger down.

Environment is fully destructible; making for so sneak kills through holes in the drywall. Most online matches are a contest of cat-and-mouse between squads; where timing and misdirection usually decide who wins.

Neatest exp I had online so far was two KIA's while repelling upside down to a window where the enemy team was holed up.

Last edited:
SWIL, there have been so many issues with the beta. That is why the pulled it yesterday and it just came back. I am passing on this game for a while until they get their **** together. Are you playing on PC?

No issues for me besides the servers. Takes forever to find players for a match. I love the game though and havnt had any other problems.

Yeah swil are you doin pc or ps4. Hmu if your doin ps4

I'm on PS4. So far I haven't played much, but I'll give my opinions on it so far.

I love the overall premise of the game. SWAT is my thing so yeah. As far as connecting to games goes I have no problem. It loads them up pretty quick and I find players quick. Problem comes from server being down. It keeps going down every few matches. Has been down the last few minutes actually.

Definitely a different type of game. More realistic, better use teamwork and move slowly through rooms using back to back cover to keep an eye out or you're gone. Love all the different tools and gadgets.

The movement is slow, but they are wearing hundred pounds of swat gear so I account for that and give it a pass.

I'm on PS4. So far I haven't played much, but I'll give my opinions on it so far.

I love the overall premise of the game. SWAT is my thing so yeah. As far as connecting to games goes I have no problem. It loads them up pretty quick and I find players quick. Problem comes from server being down. It keeps going down every few matches. Has been down the last few minutes actually.

Definitely a different type of game. More realistic, better use teamwork and move slowly through rooms using back to back cover to keep an eye out or you're gone. Love all the different tools and gadgets.

The movement is slow, but they are wearing hundred pounds of swat gear so I account for that and give it a pass.

If I had a full team of friends doing their role, this could be a fun game, but with my luck I'd always get Leroy Jenkins on my team.

If I had a full team of friends doing their role, this could be a fun game, but with my luck I'd always get Leroy Jenkins on my team.

It's awesome with a team that actually does it right. Sometimes I'll get randoms that are idiots. Also, friendly fire is enabled and man it's easy to have an accident. Two bullets or one to the head and they are dead. Doesn't take much damage at all to kill you.

It's catching a lot of flak over its servers. It's pretty messed up. Play one game, wait for the server to quit crashing. Play one game, wait for server. Repeat. Literally the whole day you can't get more than a game or two without it being down.

Cancelled my pre order. Wasnt having any issues til last night. Heard alot of others having same issues. Hopefully they get it worked out but gonna pass for now

It's being released in a few days is what gets me. It's a "beta", but it's not really.

Nope, you're right. That's a demo. Same as with the Battlefront and Destiny "Betas"

Developers aren't likely in beta stages a month before release and definitely aren't a week before. They know using the word beta gives them some wiggle room if it sucks.

I'm doing PS4 - odd to hear about server issues... I've not had any trouble jumping online

even with all the troubles, I'd take this over any other FPS currently out right now. I'm really digging the emphasis on tactics and teamwork rather than run-n-gun twitch reflexs and kill streaks

This game looks pretty good to me. I was a huge RSV fan and this seems close to it. I would only want to play it with a group though rather than random people.

This game will fizzle out, similar to Evolve. You just cant get random people to use teamwork in multiplayer games. Really a shame, I am a huge Rainbow Six fan, have been since the original RS3 for xbox.

Still on the fence about this game. I loved terrorist hunts on all previous version. Would I be disappointed with this? Is it PVP only or is co-op terrorist hunt in the game as well.

VN Store

Back