Old Man FPS games?

coffeevol

regular old member
So I am still fairly young, (mid 30's) and I use to really love the early call of duty series. somewhere around modern warfare II they lost me. Life got busy, kids, career ect. Now that I do not have endless time to sit and play for hours on end I find that the new games are very difficult to just pick up and play and have fun. If I turn it on for 30 minutes or so I find that everyone is ranked higher with cooler faster guns.

Do you think they will ever do a throw back to a simple WWII game without dogs, drones, robots, ridiculous jumping and stuff?

Now that is off my chest.....ALL YOU KIDS NEED TO GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!!!!

I can see a "World of War"-esque game hitting the market. Will it be successful? I doubt it, IMO. It seems as if gamers are so programmed into expecting a quick route to a max-ed out super soldier via purchasing Dorito bags and dropping extra cash for a souped up video game package. It baffles me that kiddos and some of us older gamers continue to dish out the cash for the same experience just for the sake of playing online with friends

Reactions: 2 people
So I am still fairly young, (mid 30's) and I use to really love the early call of duty series. somewhere around modern warfare II they lost me. Life got busy, kids, career ect. Now that I do not have endless time to sit and play for hours on end I find that the new games are very difficult to just pick up and play and have fun. If I turn it on for 30 minutes or so I find that everyone is ranked higher with cooler faster guns.

Do you think they will ever do a throw back to a simple WWII game without dogs, drones, robots, ridiculous jumping and stuff?

Now that is off my chest.....ALL YOU KIDS NEED TO GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!!!!

I'd love to see a return to WW2 in COD or Battlefield.

I'd say Battlefront seems very casual though, if you're looking for something.

Reactions: 1 person
I like the online experience, but being a casual gamer now instead of a true sit on the couch for 8 hours kind of gamer it is impossible for me to catch up with these 12 year olds who max out within an hour of having the game

I like the online experience, but being a casual gamer now instead of a true sit on the couch for 8 hours kind of gamer it is impossible for me to catch up with these 12 year olds who max out within an hour of having the game

If you play COD, just don't prestige and you'll have all of your guns maxed out while they start over every time they prestige. I don't know how the Battlefront system works though.

If you play COD, just don't prestige and you'll have all of your guns maxed out while they start over every time they prestige. I don't know how the Battlefront system works though.

My friends I play with were baffled when I did this in previous CoD games. They asked me why I didn't prestige as soon as I could. All you get is a stupid number beside your name. You don't unlock new weapons. You don't get to carry extra stuff or have new abilities. You get a meaningless number next to your name that tells everyone how many times you've made that meaningless number higher.

All anyone cares about is k/d. Never saw the point. Once I played Battlefield for the first time, I haven't played a CoD since.

Reactions: 1 person
My friends I play with were baffled when I did this in previous CoD games. They asked me why I didn't prestige as soon as I could. All you get is a stupid number beside your name. You don't unlock new weapons. You don't get to carry extra stuff or have new abilities. You get a meaningless number next to your name that tells everyone how many times you've made that meaningless number higher.

All anyone cares about is k/d. Never saw the point. Once I played Battlefield for the first time, I haven't played a CoD since.

I hear ya. I'd play BF if it didn't require a solid group of people doing their part to win. I loved Bad Company 2, it was just right in size and player count, but it has gotten too big for my tastes since then.

The new Rainbow Six might be your speed when it comes out

I can see a "World of War"-esque game hitting the market. Will it be successful? I doubt it, IMO. It seems as if gamers are so programmed into expecting a quick route to a max-ed out super soldier via purchasing Dorito bags and dropping extra cash for a souped up video game package. It baffles me that kiddos and some of us older gamers continue to dish out the cash for the same experience just for the sake of playing online with friends

That's why I've stuck with War Thunder. Free to play, beautiful to look at, no gimmicks. If you've only got the beginning vehicles, that's what you'll fight against, so other than experience with the game, the playing field is more or less level. And free, I've bought $11 worth of premium in almost 3 years.

That's why I've stuck with War Thunder. Free to play, beautiful to look at, no gimmicks. If you've only got the beginning vehicles, that's what you'll fight against, so other than experience with the game, the playing field is more or less level. And free, I've bought $11 worth of premium in almost 3 years.

What's war thunder?

What's war thunder?

Tanks, planes, and in a few years ships.

I haven't played in a while, player base is essentially a bunch of bammers just learning to use a PC. Air combat is good, though.

Tanks are broken after a year of being released. I quit it a few months ago.

The new Rainbow Six might be your speed when it comes out

This. Checkout Rainbow Six Siege. That sounds like the game for you. It's more tatical and I think it will be more targeted towards the older generation gamers. I don't think that you can respawn when you die, so there isn't a lot of running around and spraying hoping you get a kill. It's more like hardcore search and destroy on CoD.

I'm only 23, but I'm with you OP. I haven't really played any of the CoD's since MW2 and I feel so lost whenever I play the new ones. I have 2 kids, a full time job, school part time, and a wife now, so I can't sit down for 8 hours a day like I used to when I was a teenager.

I wish they would remake the CoD World at War for next gen. That was my favorite CoD ever. CoD first started out with nothing but WWII games and then turned towards the modern combat, now they're turning into Halo. I don't even think that the guns on BO3 are real guns like they used to be in the older games. They're made up I think.

While I agree Rainbow Six will be for you. Don't get it. From what I have heard, the servers are still terrible and the beta this week has not improved them any. I would probably wait on that game.

While I agree Rainbow Six will be for you. Don't get it. From what I have heard, the servers are still terrible and the beta this week has not improved them any. I would probably wait on that game.

Oh wow for real? Thanks for the heads up.

Ubisoft is EA's annoying little brother.

Yep, their games have potential but most of the time they screw it up. Lets be honest, annual releases need to stop. These developers don't have enough time. I understand it is about the sales but geez.

Yep, their games have potential but most of the time they screw it up. Lets be honest, annual releases need to stop. These developers don't have enough time. I understand it is about the sales but geez.

That sucks, because it looked promising. Yeah the CoD's, AC's, etc would be so much better if they released them every 2 years instead of every year. That's why I'm looking forward to No Man's Sky so much. It's a small company that isn't in it just for the profit. You can tell Sean Murray is truly passionate about the game he is creating. He has no plans in releasing DLC that's going to cost anything.

VN Store

Back