Rise of the Tomb Raider (Xbox One/PS4 2016)

I haven't played a Tomb Raider game in a long time. I may check this one out.

I really enjoyed last year's game. I picked this up today. Looking forward to playing through it this week or next and then trading it in on something new.

Reactions: 1 person
Started this last night. Beautiful game. Very much like the last one. Enjoying it. Really good if you liked the last one or like games like Uncharted. Jumping, climbing, puzzles, and gun play in between.

I haven't played a Tomb Raider game in a long time. I may check this one out.

They are very very different than the classic Tomb Raiders. A lot less puzzle-solving and a lot more action.

Run, jump, shoot, Quick Time Events (press X now, press O now, press X repeatedly, etc.) Run up to a wall and duck behind it and pick off enemies one-by-one. Not saying they are bad games, but don't expect the atmosphere of the originals. The last Tomb Raider was your typical action-shooter in Tomb Raider skins.

They are very very different than the classic Tomb Raiders. A lot less puzzle-solving and a lot more action.

Run, jump, shoot, Quick Time Events (press X now, press O now, press X repeatedly, etc.) Run up to a wall and duck behind it and pick off enemies one-by-one. Not saying they are bad games, but don't expect the atmosphere of the originals. The last Tomb Raider was your typical action-shooter in Tomb Raider skins.

Sounds just like Uncharted. I'm playing the Uncharted series for the first time because I just got the bundle, and tbh it does get a little repetitive. I wish there were a little more puzzle-solving like the classic Tomb Raider games. With all of that said I still want to try the new Tomb Raider out, but it's an Xbox exclusive isn't it?

Sounds just like Uncharted. I'm playing the Uncharted series for the first time because I just got the bundle, and tbh it does get a little repetitive. I wish there were a little more puzzle-solving like the classic Tomb Raider games. With all of that said I still want to try the new Tomb Raider out, but it's an Xbox exclusive isn't it?

XBOX only for a few more months.

I think TR and Uncharted are both similar games for sure. Uncharted is a bit more on the lighter side with good banter. TR is a bit more cinematic and serious. Serious might not be the best word.

TR tends to have bigger areas that you have to search around within whereas Uncharted keeps moving ahead most of the time.

Not the greatest games available, but good games if you like the story/adventure style.

This game is beautiful and amazing. It's a shame it did not sell well. They should have made it on both consoles and had a different release date. I love the Uncharted series but Uncharted 4 has some competition with this game.

This game is beautiful and amazing. It's a shame it did not sell well. They should have made it on both consoles and had a different release date. I love the Uncharted series but Uncharted 4 has some competition with this game.

Releasing on the same day as Fallout 4 and a week before Battlefront lol bad idea.

Yep, I know companies want the pre-holiday sales, but some games would sell a lot better being released when there is not much out aka spring/summer.

Yep. Souls does well in the spring and Batman did well in the summer. I hate that 5-10 great games come out at once and I never get time to play them.

Reactions: 1 person

Hate to say it but SquareEnix sent this game out to die. Releasing it only on Xbone at the same time as Fallout 4 and shortly before Battlefront was not a great idea. Not to mention Halo 5 came out shortly before that as well. I'd love to know what MS paid for their timed exclusivity. Hope it was worth it for both parties involved.

Hate to say it but SquareEnix sent this game out to die. Releasing it only on Xbone at the same time as Fallout 4 and shortly before Battlefront was not a great idea. Not to mention Halo 5 came out shortly before that as well. I'd love to know what MS paid for their timed exclusivity. Hope it was worth it for both parties involved.

Agreed. I picked it up for $32 at bestbuy last week. I have no idea what SquareEnix or MS were thinking with this.

My boys are getting an XB one for Christmas. They love puzzles and are skilled gamers. Would this be a good game for them? Ages 9&11.

I know there is fighting mixed with the puzzles, but no where near, say, a GoW level right? Swearing? Gore?

I know there is fighting mixed with the puzzles, but no where near, say, a GoW level right? Swearing? Gore?

No, nothing close to GoW level. You run around and shoot or stab a bunch of guys, find collectables, and solve puzzles. If they're playing any of the Tom Clancy or call of duty games it should be fine

Confirmed to be releasing on PS4 on October 11th.

ROTTRInfographic.jpg

The headline addition is a new story chapter, 'Blood Ties' – which will be playable using PlayStation VR if you so choose. "When Lara's uncle contests ownership of the Manor, Lara must explore the estate to find proof that she is the rightful heir, or lose her birthright and father's secrets for good," the press release reads. An extra mode named 'Lara's Nightmare' will then see you defending the mansion from zombies.
There's more: you'll get all of the previously released DLC out of the box, as well a new co-op mode named Endurance. "Two players must team up to survive the harsh elements by day, as well as lethal threats from enemies by night. Fire takes fuel, food restores health, and every resource must be hunted, collected, or crafted. Battle to the top of the leaderboards, as others try to beat your longest survival run."

VN Store

Back