Keyboard vs Controller

Grey_pilgrim

Volnations resident crotch flea
Want to get VNs verdict in this one. I've always played console games and therefore prefer using a controller. Never could get into using a mouse and keyboard. I know I've missed out on some great PC only games and I'm willing now to give it a shot again. If I still can't get into it, I may try and use my old wired 360 controller to play.
That being said what to y'all prefer?

Depends on the game.

I played Half-Life 2 on the PC and used my KB and mouse exclusively. Driving games like NFS:Most Wanted and NFS:Carbon I used a 360 controller.

I do change my keyboard map, though. I don't like the standard WASD movement map. I rearrange it so that F is forward, D is backward A is slide left and S is slide right.

Depends on the game.

I played Half-Life 2 on the PC and used my KB and mouse exclusively. Driving games like NFS:Most Wanted and NFS:Carbon I used a 360 controller.

I do change my keyboard map, though. I don't like the standard WASD movement map. I rearrange it so that F is forward, D is backward A is slide left and S is slide right.

This is what I'm considering. I don't like the standard setup either.
I know there's been many keyboard vs controller battles, even one where the producers of the game used controllers against a team that never played the game using keyboard and mouse and the producers lost. Keyboards seem to be a better or at least more accurate way to play just have yet to get past the layout of it.

Last edited:
Are you having trouble using a controller?

I mean, they do design games slightly differently. Most console games are tuned to controller settings.

PC is great for cheaper games and playing strat and other things. But, I don't think switching to a KB/mouse will make you more competitive online if that's the end goal. Especially since you're years behind already.

There's controller folks and KB/mouse folks that will whip your ass no matter what you're using.

I hated controllers for years. Now, I tend to dislike playing FPS games using a KB/Mouse.

Are you having trouble using a controller?

I mean, they do design games slightly differently. Most console games are tuned to controller settings.

PC is great for cheaper games and playing strat and other things. But, I don't think switching to a KB/mouse will make you more competitive online if that's the end goal. Especially since you're years behind already.

There's controller folks and KB/mouse folks that will whip your ass no matter what you're using.

I hated controllers for years. Now, I tend to dislike playing FPS games using a KB/Mouse.

Not trouble, I love console gaming and it will always be my favorite. Just trying to get into a couple of PC games.

I've used both my whole life, but I'd prefer keyboard/mouse for fps all day if I could swing it on xbox. Use to play fps on pc years ago and I never feel as comfortable with a controller as I did using keyboard/mouse for fps.

I agree that there are very good controller users but even an average KB/M will outshine the best controller user. IIRC a game site a few years ago pitted some of the top console users vs some average Joes in a popular FPS game and the console gamers ended up getting embarrassed.

I'm having this internal battle right now with Fallout 4 on PC....

VN Store

Back