Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
I'm surprised no one is talking about this. If it wasn't for Black Flag this one may be the best of the series. Very smooth gameplay. The gang system is phenomenal and London is stunning. When you get into the open world there is an active train system you can ride.

All around this game is terrific, getting stellar reviews as well.

It appears they've returned to what made AC great. Having said that, it will be in the bargain bin alongside the others by early next year. I'll pick it up then haha

If I end up buying this game before a price drop and end up disappointed I have no one but myself to blame.

Is there any semblance of a modern story? Unity's was absolutely atrocious. Ubisoft makes decent open-world games but I haven't actually enjoyed a story since FC3 (and even that one was pretty much carried by one incredible character) or AC3.

Last edited:
If I end up buying this game before a price drop and end up disappointed I have no one but myself to blame.

Is there any semblance of a modern story? Unity's was absolutely atrocious. Ubisoft makes decent open-world games but I haven't actually enjoyed a story since FC3 (and even that one was pretty much carried by one incredible character) or AC3.

I'm gonna start it tonight.. I'll let you know.

Assassin's Creed: Fetch Quest Edition

I like the series but Unity ensured I wouldn't buy an AC game new for a long time.

This one is quite redeeming

I'll definitely end up getting it but it probably will be after Christmas.

I have a bit of a backlog right now, as I'm trying to finish Watch Dogs on the XOne and The Order 1886 on the PS4, plus I just got my copy of Halo 5, and Call of Duty Black Ops 3 comes out soon.

I'll definitely end up getting it but it probably will be after Christmas.

I have a bit of a backlog right now, as I'm trying to finish Watch Dogs on the XOne and The Order 1886 on the PS4, plus I just got my copy of Halo 5, and Call of Duty Black Ops 3 comes out soon.

I loved Watch Dogs.

Didn't play the Order but I hear it's very good but very short.

Can't go wrong with Halo.

Call of Duty is dead to me.

I loved Watch Dogs.

Didn't play the Order but I hear it's very good but very short.

Can't go wrong with Halo.

Call of Duty is dead to me.

I'll probably buy Black Ops 3 eventually because Treyarch normally does a good job, but other than them the series sucks. No point in buying it with Fallout, AC, Battlefront, etc. all coming out around this time.

I can't believe Ubisoft hasn't made a spinoff pirate series with Black Flag's gameplay. I know they made Rogue, which also had naval combat, but I would love a full fledged pirate franchise. They absolutely nailed it in AC IV.

Reactions: 1 person
I can't believe Ubisoft hasn't made a spinoff pirate series with Black Flag's gameplay. I know they made Rogue, which also had naval combat, but I would love a full fledged pirate franchise. They absolutely nailed it in AC IV.

We definitely need more of the genre on consoles IMO. That and I hope that they come out with a Naval game sometime in the near future.

It really is mind-blowing they haven't gone that route. I'm sure they're keeping that in their back pocket, maybe waiting until the franchise starts to tank.

I honestly don't know a single AC player that wasn't absolutely in love with Black Flag. It's pretty widely regarded as the best of the series.

It really is mind-blowing they haven't gone that route. I'm sure they're keeping that in their back pocket, maybe waiting until the franchise starts to tank.

I honestly don't know a single AC player that wasn't absolutely in love with Black Flag. It's pretty widely regarded as the best of the series.

Not sure I agree with that. I think AC2 is still the king.

Black Flag was an amazing pirate game, but just an OK AC game. I guarantee they're waiting to bust out that formula again sometime. Still love BF and Rogue.

I'm pretty sure AC 2 is regarded as the best in the series, and Brotherhood is probably second. IV may be after that but honestly IMHO it gets propped up somewhat because it came after AC 3, and 3 might be the worst of the series.

This game is pretty damn fun.. the combat is brutal. I think I prefer playing as Evie. Most fun I've had since Black Flag.

I'm pretty sure AC 2 is regarded as the best in the series, and Brotherhood is probably second. IV may be after that but honestly IMHO it gets propped up somewhat because it came after AC 3, and 3 might be the worst of the series.

Not sure I agree with that. I think AC2 is still the king.

Black Flag was an amazing pirate game, but just an OK AC game. I guarantee they're waiting to bust out that formula again sometime. Still love BF and Rogue.

Agree to disagree I guess, but AC2 got all of it's accolades long before Black Flag came out. I think AC2 was considered the best because of the leap that was made from AC1. Don't get me wrong, AC2 is great, but even from reading this thread it's easy to see what the people want now..... more Black Flag.

Black Flag was almost a perfect game. The atmosphere, the pirates singing, the way you could stand on an island and watch pirate ships go to war, the "secret bosses" way on the outskirts, boarding ships and watching enemies get on their knees with their hands up and surrender. The list goes on and on.

Brotherhood was good but the biggest complaint I saw, and the one that I had, was being able to whistle and have your fellow Assassins come out of the bushes and kill your enemy. That was an OP (overpowered) perk. The game was way too easy at that point.

I count AC2 and Brotherhood as one game. Together they're the most fun I've ever had.

Reactions: 2 people
Agree to disagree I guess, but AC2 got all of it's accolades long before Black Flag came out. I think AC2 was considered the best because of the leap that was made from AC1. Don't get me wrong, AC2 is great, but even from reading this thread it's easy to see what the people want now..... more Black Flag.

2 things:

1) I get what you say about AC 2 but as I said, the same logic can be applied to why IV is so regarded, because the leap in quality from the train wreck that was AC3.

2) Even in this thread you have 2 people telling you AC2 is the best game (3 if you consider what eVolve said) and so far you are the only one that's stated IV is the best game. 2 others said they'd love a pirate themed spinoff but neither stated they thought IV was the best.

Last edited:

Black Flag was almost a perfect game. The atmosphere, the pirates singing, the way you could stand on an island and watch pirate ships go to war, the "secret bosses" way on the outskirts, boarding ships and watching enemies get on their knees with their hands up and surrender. The list goes on and on.

Brotherhood was good but the biggest complaint I saw, and the one that I had, was being able to whistle and have your fellow Assassins come out of the bushes and kill your enemy. That was an OP (overpowered) perk. The game was way too easy at that point.

Have you played Rogue? It's pretty much Black Flag 2.0. A bit shorter (comparable to Revelations in length), but what story is there is actually better than BF IMO. Even the modern portion is very similar and much more informative than Unity's garbage.

I am the only person I know that enjoyed AC 3. I'm not saying it was the best because it wasn't but man I really enjoyed it and everyone else didn't. Lol. Seeing our founding cities back in the day was pretty cool. Sure they weren't nearly the scale of the majority of the series to explore but I liked them. And there was something about the Americans and redcoats that was awesome. It was fun to slowly watch my side take over.

Reactions: 1 person
I am the only person I know that enjoyed AC 3. I'm not saying it was the best because it wasn't but man I really enjoyed it and everyone else didn't. Lol. Seeing our founding cities back in the day was pretty cool. Sure they weren't nearly the scale of the majority of the series to explore but I liked them. And there was something about the Americans and redcoats that was awesome. It was fun to slowly watch my side take over.

I liked AC3, but it was buggy and had awful side missions and menus. However, I actually think the AC3 story is one of the best.

I read that the development was an utter and disjointed mess, and when I play the game I'm not surprised.

I want to like it, and I don't really hate it, but man it's got so much going against it.

For one, I hated Connor. He was about as unlikable protagonist as I've ever seen. Secondly the game was the buggiest game in the series (until Unity at least). And third the modern story with Desmond was terrible. It was such a letdown of a final act and so rushed and sloppy.

Have you played Rogue? It's pretty much Black Flag 2.0. A bit shorter (comparable to Revelations in length), but what story is there is actually better than BF IMO. Even the modern portion is very similar and much more informative than Unity's garbage.

I agree, I liked Rogue more than IV and way more than Unity. It is the best AC game IMHO since Brotherhood and sadly it was almost an afterthought and a "We're sorry" for not putting Unity on any last gen machine.

As far as the modern portion of the story, it's complete garbage now. I'm not sure they're even trying to have a coherent modern arc now.

VN Store

Back