New Friday The 13th game announced (Formerly known as Summer Camp) PC, PS4, X1,

Brave Volunteer

'Friday the 13th: The Game' with Kane Hodder and Tom Savini! (Trailer) -

Pamela Voorhees is pissed in this reveal trailer for Friday the 13th: The Game!

That’s right. Gun Media has finally unmasked their next game, and it’s not called Summer Camp anymore. The studio is hard at work on bringing Jason Voorhees back to the virtual world of video games, and since I’m positive you’ve skipped my rambling, I’m just going to shut right up so you can enjoy this fantastic reveal trailer.

While working under the title Summer Camp, it was revealed that the teen slasher game was being made by Breach & Clear developer Gun Media, along with Kane Hodder — the most famous Jason Voorhees — and legendary special make-up effects creator Tom Savini (Dawn of the Dead, Friday the 13th). Oh, and Harry Manfredini will be composing the original score.

“Honestly, who else could we have chosen for the role of the killer?” Wes Keltner, co-creator of Friday the 13th: The Game told Bloody Disgusting earlier this year. “Several people have worn the mask, but in our eyes, there was only one. Kane has the body type, the presence and demeanor that personify the unrelenting, undying killing force we’re after for [Friday the 13th: The Game].”

“Everyone has their own skills. One of mine happens to be killing people on screen,” Hodder told us. “When Wes and the team behind [Friday the 13th: The Game] came to me, I jumped at the chance to bring my skills to gamers around the world. Combined with the fact that Savini is on board and Manfredini is doing the soundtrack? This is a no-brainer.”

Gun Media is looking to raise $700,000 via a crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter to help make this 7-on-1 asymmetrical multiplayer game a reality. It will end a month from now, on Friday, November 13th. Naturally.

Friday the 13th: The Game is slated to arrive next fall for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twr_zUDdTqU[/youtube]

Screenshot6.jpg

Screenshot5.jpg

Screenshot4.jpg

Screenshot2.jpg

JASON-Final_watermarked.jpg

Last edited:
I liked the original for NES. I remember being creeped out by it as a kid, even tho it took obvious liberties.

One of the songs for the game's soundtrack has been released! LOL OMG feel the 80's!! Where's my Kramer guitar and my Mesa Boogie amp??? :rock:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F4PDcR_9uY[/youtube]

Last edited:
Fair question. If they keep adding to it, it could have some legs. Right now, I bet I play it a bit the next week or two and then it becomes an occasion party game.

Inside the game, there a couple maps. You earn XP and unlock characters. You also unlock perks that can be applied. You have to work your way up to different Jasons from various movies. They have different abilities.

End of day, it's not a super deep game. But it can be fun. They have also said they will be adding some sort of single player experience later this summer where you play as Jason with goals.

Does this game have the completely irrelevant gratuitous nudity that is required for all Jason movies?

Not really, a couple of the loading screens have semi nudity. Topless girl in lake. Two counslors murder with a bed post while doing the deed but it doesn't actually show anything.

This game is pretty fun. Learning curve is a little steep. Maybe its just because I was playing with my friends who have been playing aince day 1. A couple rounds I was killed in like 20 seconds. Apparently if you spawn near certain buildings you need to run as fast as you can in the opposite direction and I didnt know that. I dont really like how its basically impossible to kill jason. But it is cool you can find things to use the phone or a car. Pretty hard to do though.

This game is pretty fun. Learning curve is a little steep. Maybe its just because I was playing with my friends who have been playing aince day 1. A couple rounds I was killed in like 20 seconds. Apparently if you spawn near certain buildings you need to run as fast as you can in the opposite direction and I didnt know that. I dont really like how its basically impossible to kill jason. But it is cool you can find things to use the phone or a car. Pretty hard to do though.

Yeah, I've spawned close enough to him that I've been killed in under 20 seconds. You can kill him, but like in the movies, it is a mother f'er, and you're likely to die if you even try. Escape, tricks, and traps are the way to go. 7 well coordinated and armed couselors can only knock his mask off. You need a particular item, weapon, and secret character to kill him. The developers said the ways to kill him stay true to the films, so there may be other ways.

Last edited:
Yeah, I've spawned close enough to him that I've been killed in under 20 seconds. You can kill him, but like in the movies, it is a mother f'er, and you're likely to die if you even try. Escape, tricks, and traps are the way to go. 7 well coordinated and armed couselors can only knock his mask off. You need a particular item, weapon, and secret character to kill him. The developers said the ways to kill him stay true to the films, so there may be other ways.

It doesn't necessarily take all 7, some of the Jason's have weaker defenses. 4 of us have knocked his mask off. We killed him once but that was with one of us being jason and allowing the others to do so. We had a chance of legitimately doing it the time 4 of us knocked his mask off but we messed it up.

It doesn't necessarily take all 7, some of the Jason's have weaker defenses. 4 of us have knocked his mask off. We killed him once but that was with one of us being jason and allowing the others to do so. We had a chance of legitimately doing it the time 4 of us knocked his mask off but we messed it up.

I've been with 5 that have knocked it off, but a couple died in the process, and we didn't get to call Tommy so it didn't even matter. We just couldn't find the damn car keys and said f it lets attack him. It was a private match though, and he knew we were hunting him, so it was a role reversal of sorts.

Heard people complaining too much about Jason being unstoppable

There's a learning curve. Lots of people don't like to work together. There's a few things that may need to be tweaked...spawn points, etc.

There's a learning curve. Lots of people don't like to work together. There's a few things that may need to be tweaked...spawn points, etc.

That's the main problem I've noticed. People run in different directions, leave you hanging instead of trying to stun him with their flare gun, put the keys in the two seat car when the four seater is gassed and has a battery, etc. We've been sticking with private matches. I'm hoping people are just ignorant rather than uncooperative.

I was Tommy the other night and I was putting down a bear trap, and the counselor with me had a shotgun. When Jason broke in, instead of shooting him while I was laying the trap they hopped out of the window. He warped to me mid trap and quickly dispersed of the counselor. Stuff like that is frustrating, but it's a damn fun game nonetheless.

VN Store

Back