PC Only Recommendations

SWIL

( •_•)O*¯`·.¸.·´¯`°Q(•_•)
Built a rig today! Using an older Radeon HD 7790 card right now, plan to upgrade as soon as I get some more dough.

I've been removed from pc gaming for about 7 years; what should I consider picking up?

Reactions: 1 person
Built a rig today! Using an older Radeon HD 7790 card right now, plan to upgrade as soon as I get some more dough.

I've been removed from pc gaming for about 7 years; what should I consider picking up?
What kind of games do you like?FPS, MMO, RPG ya know

Open to anything except mmo's; don't have enough time to invest in those. I know strategy games are bigger on pc and their are a few unique fps games as well.

Basically looking for depth and for titles not found on consoles

I am a big fan of the Total War series. not for everyone. turn based strategy games, historically based. I would look into it/try a demo before buying.

Open to anything except mmo's; don't have enough time to invest in those. I know strategy games are bigger on pc and their are a few unique fps games as well.

Basically looking for depth and for titles not found on consoles
If you like a slow pace game try out World of Warships.Its free to play!If you like something a little more fast paced try CS:GO although it takes a little while to get decent at that game.Need any help with them just holler.

Civilization 5 is my most played Steam game. With both expansions it is incredible.

Counter Strike: Global Offensive is a great multiplayer FPS. The S.T.A.L.K.E.R and Deus Ex series are good somewhat open single-player shooters, although I think the most recent Deus Ex was on console as well.

Cities: Skylines is the best city builder since Sim City 4 at least, and will only get better as more content is released.

If you like older-style RPGs, Divinity: Original Sin and Pillars of Eternity are excellent and came out within the past year. And of course Bethesda games (that you can buy for like $5 during a sale) take on a whole new life if you mod them.

There are a ton of really good independent games but their content varies so dramatically that it's kind of hard to recommend any in particular.

Keep an eye on Steam season sales (and other sites like Humble Bundle or GOG) as well; those are full of incredible deals. Once you get past the initial cost of the system PC gaming is relatively cheap.

Reactions: 2 people
Civilization 5 is my most played Steam game. With both expansions it is incredible.

Counter Strike: Global Offensive is a great multiplayer FPS. The S.T.A.L.K.E.R and Deus Ex series are good somewhat open single-player shooters, although I think the most recent Deus Ex was on console as well.

Cities: Skylines is the best city builder since Sim City 4 at least, and will only get better as more content is released.

If you like older-style RPGs, Divinity: Original Sin and Pillars of Eternity are excellent and came out within the past year. And of course Bethesda games (that you can buy for like $5 during a sale) take on a whole new life if you mod them.

There are a ton of really good independent games but their content varies so dramatically that it's kind of hard to recommend any in particular.

Keep an eye on Steam season sales (and other sites like Humble Bundle or GOG) as well; those are full of incredible deals. Once you get past the initial cost of the system PC gaming is relatively cheap.
I find tons of free to play games that are usually better than the $70 ones..CS:GO is probably my favorite but I still only give like $15 for it

some games I like that others have not mentioned

X-3 Terran Conflict and its DLC Albion prelude its a little older, but one of the best space sims ever. you can do anything in this game. by the time I got bored I had over 100 ships and 100 space stations, and I was able to automate almost everything so It left me time to fly around and do other stuff. (they have made newer versions, but they just don't get as good reviews as that one)

Banished a cool little city builder game, add it with some of the cool little mods you can get for free its a fun game.

Kenshi keep an eye on this game. even with its problems I've had alot of fun playing it

Civ V I love this series and this is the best of the series. I know other mentioned this one, but it is so good. especially when you add in player created mods.

Skyrim with mods
X-COM enemy Unkown
Dark Souls

Neither are PC only but are better on the PC

I've put many hours into Spider Solitaire. Might need to upgrade your RAM and Graphics Card to run it though.

The Mount and Blade series is underrated IMO. Men of War sereis, Copmany of Heroes series, Left 4 Dead 2, ArmA series, Banished, Medieval Engineers, and Space Engineers, just to mention a few.

Half life series is a good option. If you like rouge-likes try The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth.

Basically, just get Steam and then accumulate interesting looking games over time.

The latest Cities is pretty good. I didn't much care for Sim City 4. Cities seems more like the Sim City games of old.

I grab some single player fps games on the PC for cheap. The Metro redux games are fairly cheap now days and fun to play through.

Surprised League of Legends hasn't been mentioned. It is literally the most popular game in the world for at least the past year.

It's free to play, very skill and knowledge based, but is not very noob friendly. Starting off, you need someone to guide you, and to also be insulated by people you know. It takes a lot of time to get good at the game.

League/dota/smite - they are the big three of moba and they all have a unique flavor. Try them all.

Civ V + xpacs

Skyrim + mods - mods change the entire experience

Path of exile: free to play Diablo 2 clone on steroids.

Cities: skylines

Counterstrike: global offensive

Europa universalis 4 if you like grand strategy.

XCOM is a different experience on PC.

If I think of anything else, I'll let you know.

Cool. What are some of the best skyrim mods? I wore that game out on the 360.... 400+ hours!

I play a lot of games. If you want I can add you on steam - it's always faster to communicate there.

I am a big fan of the Total War series. not for everyone. turn based strategy games, historically based. I would look into it/try a demo before buying.
This is my suggestion as well. The best one being Medieval II : Kingdoms. It's an older game but still the best of them all IMO. The newest one is Atilla, it's pretty good as well. I would also say it's the best one since Kingdoms.

The New Unreal Tournament is running a Pre-Alpha Season from now until the end of October. Its really effing fun.

I always liked space flight sims when I was a kid. Wing Commander to be exact. The genre pretty much died but Elite: Dangerous is a new one that's turned some heads. I believe there was a thread here at some point. I'm accumulating pieces now to build a rig for Star Citizen. That one is being made by the same guy that made WC. You can buy into the beta/alpha (whatever they are calling it now) for pretty cheap and the full release shouldn't be too far off. Probably another year or so to wait on that one though.

VN Store

Back