Fallout 4

VolFan4Life87

Negatron
Surprised there's no threads on this, or maybe I just missed it. Anyone else literally ready to piss their pants for this game????? Lol

Reactions: 2 people
What platform yall getting it for? I'm a PS4 guy personally. I sure hope they fix the bugs they're known for. I've been re playing NV just because I'm so hungry for some more fallout and it freezes constantly, especially in the brotherhood bunker (hidden valley) and in great khan camp.

Xbox One, so I can get the free Fallout 3 digital copy. I'm sure it will have its share of bugs, that's Bethesda's thing, but it will likely be awesome, regardless!

Xbox One, so I can get the free Fallout 3 digital copy. I'm sure it will have its share of bugs, that's Bethesda's thing, but it will likely be awesome, regardless!

Yeah I wish I was still at the age where I could just play video games for 5-6 hours in a day. I got witcher III and it's been so hard to get back into it when I can only pick it up for 30-45 min here and there. Bethesda games seem to be a little easier to pick up and put down without feeling like "hey what's this game about again..?"

Yeah I wish I was still at the age where I could just play video games for 5-6 hours in a day. I got witcher III and it's been so hard to get back into it when I can only pick it up for 30-45 min here and there. Bethesda games seem to be a little easier to pick up and put down without feeling like "hey what's this game about again..?"

I agree. I felt like that going through Dragon Age Inquisition. Forgot what my objective was and who was who. That's why I like Bethesda's stuff and From Software's stuff. Pick up and play.

Reactions: 1 person
I agree. I felt like that going through Dragon Age Inquisition. Forgot what my objective was and who was who. That's why I like Bethesda's stuff and From Software's stuff. Pick up and play.

DA:I I made the extra effort to put life on hold and play the hell out of it lol. What an improvement over DA:2. I was so worried that series was tanked after that atrocious sequel.

Also, and not quite on topic with the thread, I really could get into the dynasty mode of all the NCAA football games much easier post-college because I could generally make the time for 1-2 football games a week. What a shame they've gone away now, and right in time to miss the new playoff format :(

Also, and not quite on topic with the thread, I really could get into the dynasty mode of all the NCAA football games much easier post-college because I could generally make the time for 1-2 football games a week. What a shame they've gone away now, and right in time to miss the new playoff format :(

You should join on the online dynasty govols has

Took me way to long to get into the Fallout series, will not be wasting time on this one

Took me way to long to get into the Fallout series, will not be wasting time on this one

As in it took you forever to finally play one or you just never enjoyed it while playing it..? IMHO, as someone who has played every fallout there is (with the exception of tactics) Fallout 2 is the best.

As in it took you forever to finally play one or you just never enjoyed it while playing it..? IMHO, as someone who has played every fallout there is (with the exception of tactics) Fallout 2 is the best.

I was wondering the same. I think I know what he means, I feel the same with Skyrim, that game bored me to tears. But I played through FO3 and New Vegas at least half a dozen times each.

I was wondering the same. I think I know what he means, I feel the same with Skyrim, that game bored me to tears. But I played through FO3 and New Vegas at least half a dozen times each.

I enjoyed skyrim so much but Morrowind was what turned me on to Bethesda. The biggest shortcoming for Bethesda games, IMO is the scale of battles and factions. Let me explain... In fallout NV, for instance, you have president Kimble coming to give a speech at Hoover and there's what...10-15 Rangers? The final battle at Hoover how many of the opposing faction do you mow through, even if you sum up every single area? 50? Now how about skyrim. The "epic" battles between the storm cloaks and imperials, it was usually you and like 10-12 allies vs 20 opposing faction members. It's just kinda bunk and makes it feel somewhat hollow, especially given how large the worlds always are. I get that it's a game and they can't have these massive battles with thousands of troops without lagging the game to no end, but at least give the illusion of such grand battles like dragon age origins did in the first major battle with the dark spawn where Calin was killed. Rant over lol.

Flip FO3 and New Vegas and I agree. When comparing the full experience, that is (all DLC included). Point Lookout + Broken Steel > than any NV DLC.

I think they're pretty even in terms of DLC. FO3 had real clunkers in Anchorage and Mothership Zeta, but Point Lookout and The Pitt were outstanding. I didn't hate any of NV's (my favorites were Old World Blues and the Zion one), and liked how they were all related to the mythos surrounding your character and the world. Both games are incredible, but I prefer NV because it combined a morally bleak and relatively civilized world with meaningful choice and consequence. I also think Obsidian has the best writers of any studio today. Unfortunately NV was rushed by the publishers just like KOTOR 2 was - if they had a few more months to work on bugs and add the cut content that they intended, I think it would have been something very special.

FO3 just nailed the atmosphere and exploration of a post-apocalyptic world, though. I still don't like how utterly devoid of life the wasteland is in that game considering 200 years had passed, but it seems like they're fixing that in FO4.

Reactions: 2 people
I enjoyed skyrim so much but Morrowind was what turned me on to Bethesda. The biggest shortcoming for Bethesda games, IMO is the scale of battles and factions. Let me explain... In fallout NV, for instance, you have president Kimble coming to give a speech at Hoover and there's what...10-15 Rangers? The final battle at Hoover how many of the opposing faction do you mow through, even if you sum up every single area? 50? Now how about skyrim. The "epic" battles between the storm cloaks and imperials, it was usually you and like 10-12 allies vs 20 opposing faction members. It's just kinda bunk and makes it feel somewhat hollow, especially given how large the worlds always are. I get that it's a game and they can't have these massive battles with thousands of troops without lagging the game to no end, but at least give the illusion of such grand battles like dragon age origins did in the first major battle with the dark spawn where Calin was killed. Rant over lol.

The engine is just so flawed that we'll never see anything like that in Fallout or Elder Scrolls. I don't like Oblivion as much as Morrowind or Skyrim but the battle at the great oblivion gate is the closest thing to an epic battle with stakes that I've ever felt in an Elder Scrolls game. And that's kind of sad.

Reactions: 3 people

Never played any of them until 2012/13 or so. always heard good things about them but never gave it a try. liked it since i started playing.

VN Store

Back