Pga 15

Feels weird not calling it Tiger Woods 15.

I'm liking the changes so far; especially the Tour mode. As a RL golfer, I've always found the spins control after the shot is in the air a bit ridiculous.

I'm probably going to buy this. Haven't bought a golf game in years. No loading between holes and other new stuff makes this sound good. I always enjoyed the Tiger games.

Wish The Golf Club was a bit more polished. Really not into buying a full price game with only 9 courses.

Yes, I agree Train. Golf Club had so much potential

9 courses???? I guess they really are taking advantage of all that extra space................

Screw it. Went ahead and bought it. I'll post some thoughts tomorrow. I should be able to play it a bit tonight.

This is not good. Played my 10 hours on the EA Access trial. Looks good but plays crappy. I see a price drop coming shortly.

Played an hour last night.

Cons:
Looks to be fairly bare bones.
Graphics are good, but nothing spectacular.
It misses frames now and again, pop in/out occurs a lot when camera is panning

Pros:
Gameplay is what you've grown up with in Tiger games
Presentation and announcers are good. Will get old quickly, though

Could be a ton better. Could be much worse.

No golfers, no course selection.

I've found that physics in the game seem to be off. On clear fade or draw lies, it doesn't seem to effect the ball movement that much. I'm playing on tour mode and I am pretty frustrated that I can't see where my ball is potentially going to go. I know this is probably to make it more realistic, but I don't know these courses like the professionals do. I don't know where I am hitting my blind tee shots or approach shots, which is pretty frustrating

Reactions: 1 person

I've found that physics in the game seem to be off. On clear fade or draw lies, it doesn't seem to effect the ball movement that much. I'm playing on tour mode and I am pretty frustrated that I can't see where my ball is potentially going to go. I know this is probably to make it more realistic, but I don't know these courses like the professionals do. I don't know where I am hitting my blind tee shots or approach shots, which is pretty frustrating

Agreed. There is no happy medium between arcade and tour mode that I see. It's either play blind or pinpoint every shot to within a few feet. It still plays pretty smooth with the occasional hiccup during shot flight. It should still be a good 1v1 game but it doesn't look deep enough to enjoy career mode very long.

This and blah career mode.

The most ridiculous thing is they had two years to make this game since they took last year off. It's like what the hell were they doing during that time? Exactly what the guys making NHL did... nothing.

Which swing style is everyone using? I started with the tour mode, which will take some getting used to with no zoom. Overall I like the game so far, but I like anything golf, so that probably doesn't mean anything about the game itself.

Which swing style is everyone using? I started with the tour mode, which will take some getting used to with no zoom. Overall I like the game so far, but I like anything golf, so that probably doesn't mean anything about the game itself.

Yeah I mean.. It's fun for sure.. Tour mode is challenging enough to make me want to play..

I just fell like they promoted this whole next gen thing, and then nothing outside of graphics is really updated.. Physics are worst, there's only around 10 golfers..

and then nothing outside of graphics is really updated..

Unfortunately this seems to be par for the course (HAHAHA!!!) with most series based games. The graphics should be a given at this point, now use the power to improve everything else.

I have been playing the Tiger Woods 14 for last 2 years. I only play tournaments and online against other players. I really don't understand why people are so pissed about only having 10 golfers to choose from. I create my own character and rank him up. IMO, that's what makes the game fun.
I am waiting on my PS4 to arrive, then I will get this game. I heard there are only 8 courses, compared to the 12 in previous version. The career mode only allows you to play 6 holes per round????? WTF? No Country Clubs? No online tournaments? I imagine once they do some updates all this will be added.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back