Horizon: Zero Dawn (PS4)

Cool concept! Wish they would have created a different language and used subtitles, though. The english speaking breaks the realism for me. If these futuristic tribes speak and comprehend english, then they should have a more complete understand of the history of the "old ones" and what happened, IMO.

New info from GT:

New info from GT:

- Saw a live demo played in front of them (no hands-on). Same demo as the trailer.
- They set up a trip wire, went around it and attacked one of the deer things from the opposite side making some run into it.
- A few stayed around to fight her while the rest ran away.
- They talked a lot about there being an economy that you can trade resources in or use yourself.
- Multiple arrow types. Explosive arrows are really rare.
- Thunderjaw was at half health from fighting a different tribe.
- It has 15 different types of attacks.
- If you're far away from it, it'll stay back and attack with ranged attacks.
- They used 4 or 5 electric arrows to prevent Thunderjaw from moving.
- Showed concept art of a few different things. One of them was a town (that I think Huber said reminded him of FFXII towns) that had robotic dogs that seem to be domesticated like normal ones.
- Showed concept art of a cyborg gryphon.
- You can upgrade Aloy's skills. Multiple layers of equipment you can wear.
- 30 FPS

Also, dynamic persitent dmg from emergent encounters:

Can't believe the dinosaurs roam around the world dynamically battling other tribes, and keeping the damage they take on lol. In the behind the closed door demo, apparently the Thunderjaw they came across was already at half health, and had arrows etc stuck in it from a previous dynamic battle with some other random tribe. Very cool. Also cool the way you can goad the smaller dinosaurs in to your traps, and that they have mini alpha males that defend the herd etc.

Very excited about this, I am guessing it is releasing late 2016?

I'm actually thinking 4th quarter/1st quarter 2017. 2016 is already looking pretty crowded for PS4 as is with Uncharted 4, The Last Guardian, Ratchet and Clank, MLB 2016, No Man's Sky (presumably), Rime (presumably), etc.

Holy wow.. Missed this completely at E3 I reckon.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/Fkg5UVTsKCE[/youtube]

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/horizon-zero-dawn-ps4/

Saw the trailer this morning. Looks interesting. It's still a long way out though.

Collector's edition revealed

CkSMf8yUoAAxfWd.jpg

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVauO5LzWgc[/youtube]

I know this is the 2nd E3 for Horizon but honestly, it's still my game of the show! It was, last E3 as well. I just love everything I've seen about this game! I love the main character "Aloy" I love the universe she's in, I love the gameplay mechanics they've shown, the graphics are just gorgeous, etc. I cannot wait to play this!

I know this is the 2nd E3 for Horizon but honestly, it's still my game of the show! It was, last E3 as well. I just love everything I've seen about this game! I love the main character "Aloy" I love the universe she's in, I love the gameplay mechanics they've shown, the graphics are just gorgeous, etc. I cannot wait to play this!

I feel the same way. I can't wait to play this.

It certainly wins the best originality award; hope the gameplay and story live up to the hype!

VN Store

Back