Transformers Devastation (PS4, PS3, X1, X360)

Brave Volunteer

Fans of generation 1 Transformers should love this.

Overview

Face off against Megatron and battle it out with the Decepticons in Transformers Devestation. Equipped with fast action capabilities, this game allows for instant robot to vehicle attacks, slam downs, counterattacks, and infinite combos for a unique master combat system. Five difficulty levels also deliver hours of intense gameplay.

More Information
•Autobots face off against the Decepticons when Megatron discovers a way to harness the enormous power of plasma energy to cyberform Earth
•PlatinumGames signature fast action allows instant robot to vehicle attacks, slam downs, counterattacks, and infinite combos for a unique master combat system
•Features 5 playable Autobots including Optimus Prime, Bubblebee, Sideswipe, Wheeljack, and Grimlock
•A deep customization system and 5 difficulty levels with overhauls in enemy composition deliver hours of intense gameplay
•Actors from the original TV series reprising their roles include Peter Cullen (Optimus Prime), Dan Gilvezan (Bubblebee), Frank Welker (Megatron and Soundwave), and more

10381518.jpg

large.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

It looks like the 80s cartoon, which I assume that was the look they were going for. As long as Michael Bay has nothing to do with the project, it may be a decent game...

New video. I don't know, it looks like pure arcade fun to me! I want to try it out.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ09Vuj4cSo[/youtube]

Needs way more gen 1 bots. I wish transformers hadn't gone Kreo. A Lego transformers would be amazing with the amount of bots available.

This reminds me of Transformers Tataki, the Japanese-only DynastyWarriors style game. I hope the cast of characters is as large in this one, and it has more varied environments than just the cities.

Edit: video of playable demo, including Optimus/Wheeljack voice clip:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIGogaoNLlQ#t=603[/youtube]

Last edited:
Bump. Picked this up. Lots of fun, and its getting good reviews.

I thought it would be just a bland beat-em up, but gunplay has just as an important role, and there's a lot of customization you can do with your characters and weapons.

I love that they took the time to get the original VA's for this. Its really like playing in the old cartoon, even down to the cheesy McGuffin storyline.

VN Store

Back