Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited (PC, PS4, Xbox One)

G0 BIG 0RANGE

Anyone else looking at getting this for consoles next week? I've got it preordered for the One, but wasn't sure if any of y'all played it on PC yet or played the console betas? I know it is a re-release of the allegedly awful EOS from last year. I loved Morrowind and Oblivion, but Skyrim, not so much. Just wanted to hear what you guys thought about it?

From my perspective, this game shares as much in common with the Elder Scrolls series and the World War Z movie shares with the WWZ novel...

That said, it could be good on its own merits. Once I'm done with Witcher 3, I might give it a spin.

From my perspective, this game shares as much in common with the Elder Scrolls series and the World War Z movie shares with the WWZ novel...

That said, it could be good on its own merits. Once I'm done with Witcher 3, I might give it a spin.

From what I understand, there is a ton of lore about all of the different areas within the Elder Scrolls universe and the combat looks similar. I felt like Skyrim was dumbed down or made too easy compared to previous ES games, so that's why I'm skeptical. Also concerned with how "MMO" this game is. Because if it is as shallow as Destiny, I'll be very disappointed.

Did anyone pick it up for ps4?

I might in the future but right now I'm knee deep in The Witcher 3. Plus I have a feeling that Fallout 4 will be coming later this year. Also I have a feeling this game is going to get patched and often. I may let you "Beta testers" work out all the kinks before I jump in. :)

I might in the future but right now I'm knee deep in The Witcher 3. Plus I have a feeling that Fallout 4 will be coming later this year. Also I have a feeling this game is going to get patched and often. I may let you "Beta testers" work out all the kinks before I jump in. :)

Haha I hear ya. There are too many games at this point, something I never thought I'd be complaining about a year ago.

I think this version is the re-release of the original ESO, which was reviewed poorly. Similar to FF14's evolution. I imagine it will get patched a lot, as is the case with MMOs. I'll let you know how it plays as I delve deeper...

This far: Vastly stronger storyline than expected (expectations low thanks to destiny)

Plays much like previous ES games with a couple new editions.

Servers are terrible and can't handle the load, so playability is an issue during peak hours at the moment.

This far: Vastly stronger storyline than expected (expectations low thanks to destiny)

Plays much like previous ES games with a couple new editions.

Servers are terrible and can't handle the load, so playability is an issue during peak hours at the moment.

Yep, all of this. Especially the jab at Destiny's story (or lack thereof) and the server issues. When I can sign on, it has been fun.

Only managed to get on at 7 am yesterday. Didn't get very far but it felt like previous ES games

How would you compare it graphically to Skyrim?

I don't know that I could compare them, really, since it's an MMO, and has to cater to hundreds of people in a city or land at once. I've actually never seen a graphically intense MMO before. They all seem to have huge worlds at the cost of the little details you'd find in a single player game. But compared to a beefed up modded PC Skyrim, I'd say the console version isn't as pretty. But you know me and graphics - I'd play as 2D sprites as long as it is fun haha

I don't know that I could compare them, really, since it's an MMO, and has to cater to hundreds of people in a city or land at once. I've actually never seen a graphically intense MMO before. They all seem to have huge worlds at the cost of the little details you'd find in a single player game. But compared to a beefed up modded PC Skyrim, I'd say the console version isn't as pretty. But you know me and graphics - I'd play as 2D sprites as long as it is fun haha

The only one I've really played is Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn and honestly I thought it looked damn good. Not THE best looking game I've ever seen but it looked very good!

The only one I've really played is Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn and honestly I thought it looked damn good. Not THE best looking game I've ever seen but it looked very good!

Yeah FF14 isn't ugly at all. Compared to WoW, it is very pretty. I just meant that MMOs usually don't have incredible character model details or building interiors and such. That's where ESO falls short compared to other current console games.

Promising comments regarding the similarities to previous ES titles! Is there a monthly charge?

Update: servers still an issue, early play time (before 3:00pm) is phenomenal but once everyone fires it up login takes 20 minutes and you're lucky to play for 10 minutes before being disconnected.

Questing is expansive, as expected from ES and customization is unmatched by current MMOs for characters. Group dungeons are fun.

Game is way more challenging than older ES games, you will die, you will get upset, you will have to strategize.

Fully incorporates roles into the game like an MMO should, healers, DPS, and Tank roles are a necessity when doing group dungeons.

Glitches are Suprisingly at a minimum, a few invisible NPCs but a restart clears that up fine.

Been downloading it in Xbox Live for the last ten hours. Currently sitting at 21%😑

Been downloading it in Xbox Live for the last ten hours. Currently sitting at 21%😑

Good Lord, I downloaded it on launch day in an hour and a half! Did you choose to "download the update later"? That usually helps download times for me.

Good Lord, I downloaded it on launch day in an hour and a half! Did you choose to "download the update later"? That usually helps download times for me.

I bought it digitally on Live and I didn't have a choice. Maybe I'll get to play in a week or two haha.

I bought it digitally on Live and I didn't have a choice. Maybe I'll get to play in a week or two haha.

Me too, that's what I meant! It shouldn't take that long. Have you checked your network speeds? The game shouldn't have THAT much download traffic. Might be best to restart the download.

mostly disappointed with this game

It is a hiking simulator just like Skyrim, to me. Fun with friends, but very fetch questy at first like most MMOs. Also, I don't give a crap about what quest givers have to say, with the exception of the Prophet, and only because he is Professor Dumbledore.

Got to play a bit, and haven't really made up my mind yet. Would probably be better if I was playing with people instead of running solo.

VN Store

Back