Arcade Video Games You have Beaten and Memories of them

firestorm

As in the heavy machine that requires you pay a quarter, or several quarters to play.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
All other times I played this on my own I didn't beat it because I didn't have enough money to survive to get far.
Combined with not being aware of what buttons produce swing attack, and getting overwhelmed by the damn foot soldiers.

In the golden days of Arcade including the early beat em up there was this one that I still love. If I recall right I was playing this with a friend to finally beat this video game.
Not much I can recall other than that I imagine it took over 38 minutes, more than 3 dollars for both me and my friend to beat this video game. But damn it was worth it.

I wasn't aware until years later from GameFaqs website that if you press jump attack it produces a special swing attack instantly killing foot soldiers would have saved a lot of money.
Although Raphael for some reason doesn't have the swing attack. Maybe because sais don't have the reach to kill enemies that a bo staff, swords, and nunchucks do.

this thread is gold

I have the old X-Men arcade game on my Xbox. Using your special power took your HP (which is seriously the most f***ed up way to take a kid's quarter), but on Xbox you can use it unlimited. Me and my nephews will beat the whole game in 15 minutes.

I spent a boatload (well, in 8 year old terms, hell, probably 35 year old terms) on Operation Wolf and Rampage, never beat them.

The first arcade machine I can remember ever playing was at my local Pizza Hut. They had a table top version of Pac Man and wow did it ever have its hooks in me! After that came Galaga, Frogger, Zaxxon, Stun Runner, Tempest, Burger Time, Pole Position, Donkey Kong, etc.

My fondest arcade memories were in the early to mid 90's with the great Sega games like Daytona, Virtua Fighter, Afterburner, Streets of Rage, Altered Beast, Virtua Cop, Crazy Taxi, etc along with Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Killer Instinct, Tekken, Ridge Racer, NBA Jam, NFL Blitz, etc.

The only one I beat was also that TMNT game. It took me over 27 minutes and 13 quarters.

I used to love The Simpsons arcade game and the X-Men arcade game. Both were great if you had three friends to play with at the same time.

House of the Dead 1/2 was another favorite. I remember using up nearly all of my vacation money in Myrtle Beach playing those as a kid. I think I spent $10 on the final boss alone. That's a lot of money when you're 10.

Not an arcade game, but I've never had more fun playing a game with 4 players than I do with FIFA. It's so much fun. You have to play smart team ball or you are so screwed. In college we'd take a break for a shot and smoke bud after every goal, LOL.

Not an arcade game, but I've never had more fun playing a game with 4 players than I do with FIFA. It's so much fun. You have to play smart team ball or you are so screwed. In college we'd take a break for a shot and smoke bud after every goal, LOL.

I hate soccer but I'll play FIFA

galaga, asteroids, and pac man got me started. later, shinobi was my game along with rolling thunder.

My uncle used to work the Showbiz in Maryville and when they changed over to ChuckiECheese they sold of bunch of the old machines. He had a garage full of machines for a few months. I can't even remember what all games he had. It was awesome.

...the only arcade game I've ever taken the time to beat was Street Fighter 2.

...my victor's parade from the entrance to the electronics section of the west memphis wal-mart was glorious.

Last edited:
...the only arcade game I've ever taken the time to beat was Street Fighter 2.

...my victor's parade from the entrance to the electronics section of the west memphis wal-mart was glorious.

That was probably my favorite arcade game ever. I remember the first time I played it, that night I couldn't go to sleep cause I kept thinking about it. The idea that you could use button and joystick combos for moves changed everything for me.

That was probably my favorite arcade game ever. I remember the first time I played it, that night I couldn't go to sleep cause I kept thinking about it. The idea that you could use button and joystick combos for moves changed everything for me.

Was that pre mortal combat?

Edit: by one year apparently. I didn't know that.

OMG, has no one mentioned Final Fight? This game was so good

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSxsmiYulNQ[/youtube]

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back