World of Warships beta

chatsworth_vol

World of Warships the new naval mmo game from the same people that makes World of Tanks went to closed beta on thursday. I got in on it, and all I can say is WOW! This game is amazing. Don't get me wrong, it is by no streach perfect. They have only added about 1/3 the ships they plan for launch, there is still plenty of tweaks that will be needed for balance, and the GUI is still simplified, but what they do have is great. Currently they have the USN in destroyers (DD), cruisers (CA), and aircraft carriers (CV). They have the IJN in DD,CA, & battleships (BB). So far the game is fun and I've run into very few bugs considering it's a beta. I'm looking forward to them adding more to it soon. If anyone is interested in getting in the closed beta a lot of the wargameing/ wot fan sites and streamers have access codes they are giving away.

Should be great! Would be awesome if they could integrate World of Tanks, World of Warships and Warthunder into one game. The maps and player population would have to be huge but it would be awesome!

Yeah it would really be amazing if they could unify all three games, WoT, WoWs, and WoWp(if they can ever fix that turd). I just don't think it is possible and still keep all 3 viable. What may be a better idea is combine them in stages for their clan wars mode. Right now you just attack with tanks to make a landing to take territory. I could see it instead as 3 seperate battles. First have the sea battle to win access to the coast. Then air battle to get air superiority. Then have the ground battle with tanks.

Should be great! Would be awesome if they could integrate World of Tanks, World of Warships and Warthunder into one game. The maps and player population would have to be huge but it would be awesome!

War Thunders ground forces kill WoT in my opinion, be interesting to see how their naval component will be, though gaijin has put it on hold while they flesh out what they already have.

I've played it off and on since it launched. I tend to alternate between this and world of tanks. Play one for a few weeks till I get bored, then switch to other. Haven't got to do much gaming though since new years.

I quit playing when the Atlanta come out and matchmaking seemed to be broken at levels 7 or above.. been a while so cant remember exactly

If anyone hasn't played this game, or used to but stopped, they are offering rewards for new and returning players who are recruited. Use the link below to be eligible. New players get:
-free T2 premium ship with port slot, captain, and a week of Premium time just for playing their first game.
-free T6 premium ship with port slot, captain, and a week of Premium time for playing their first T6 game.

Returning players(haven't played in 90 days) get:
- Two Supercontainers and two weeks of Premium for winning 25 matches in T4-T10 ships. Supercontainers can have up to T8 premium ships, camos, coal, Premium time, etc.

Join our ranks at the Recruiting Station!

VN Store

Back