You can earn HOW MUCH playing video games?

myrobbins7

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
If the concept of watching other people play video games seems stupid, then you might want to look at the salaries top e-sport gamers are commanding.

Carlos Rodriguez Santiago, or Ocelote as he is known in the e-sports world, was one of the top players and biggest brands ever. He started his championship-winning career at age 16. He has now retired at the grand old age of 24, after earning around 700,000 euros ($773,108) a year playing games.

You could be a millionaire playing video games.

Interesting, thought I would share.

Twitch (formerly Justin.tv) is growing rapidly. There's big money in streaming, thats why Amazon bought Twitch for nearly 1 billion dollars :). It's not uncommon for the top streamers to make $10k a month. Also keep in mind it takes a lot of time to get to that level. All of the people who make usable income stream 12-18hrs everyday. No one can just start streaming and make money. That's impossible, in fact, you would probably have to stream for months on end 12+hrs a day with no profit before you even make $1.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Twitch (formerly Justin.tv) is growing rapidly. There's big money in streaming, thats why Amazon bought Twitch for nearly 1 billion dollars :). It's not uncommon for the top streamers to make $10k a month. Also keep in mind it takes a lot of time to get to that level. All of the people who make usable income stream 12-18hrs everyday. No one can just start streaming and make money. That's impossible, in fact, you would probably have to stream for months on end 12+hrs a day with no profit before you even make $1.

Not entirely true, there's many who make a living streaming 8 hours a day 5 days week. They may of put a lot more time into before they got to it but I've seen several like that. If you link a donations page in your info you will get a few donations it won't take that long to make your first dollar but you won't have money rolling in or anything. The best thing you can do when you start streaming is have friends. Friends who will raid your stream, friends and family who will log on and watch you so your viewer numbers aren't at the complete bottom of the list. What games you play has a big part in it as well. Make sure to have a top donators list. If you or a friend is good at making graphics for your stream really helps. Donation and follower notifications are super useful people love getting a shout out on stream. It's hard and takes a lot of effort but with the right personality and skill it can be done.

I read an article that Optic Nadeshot made over $1 million playing Call of Duty last year.

I read an article that Optic Nadeshot made over $1 million playing Call of Duty last year.

Saw that. I tried watching his youtube one time and wanted to kill myself. He makes most of his money from youtube/streaming. All those little COD kids.

Met a guy at my school (local TCAT) who played Halo professionally. Mostly tournaments and what not. Made $100,000 during the 3 years after he graduated high school.

VN Store

Back