Any word on possible next-gen NCAA football games?

GoBigOrangeUT

Kind of hot in these rhinos
Since EA did not renew their license, I've been trying to keep up with possible replacements for the franchise. Have any of you guys heard any good news?

I would pay $100 each for a college basketball and football game for next gen.

Seeing the graphics on Madden on PS4 makes me ridiculously sad that we didn't get at least one next-gen NCAA game. I think it will happen at some point in the near future, though.

Seeing the graphics on Madden on PS4 makes me ridiculously sad that we didn't get at least one next-gen NCAA game. I think it will happen at some point in the near future, though.

I doubt we'll see one anytime soon.

You would think that 2K would want to jump on it while there isn't competition. There is probably a reason they haven't yet. I would be all for it though

You would think that 2K would want to jump on it while there isn't competition. There is probably a reason they haven't yet. I would be all for it though

They just don't have enough man power to start a project like this from scratch. It would take a lot of people and money.

There will not be a new game until players are compensated. I guarantee that

That is such horse****! The players do not need to be compensated! The game characters didn't look anything like their real life counterparts. Just because "#14 white guy" is Tennessee's QB in the game doesn't automatically mean it looks like Worley.

Reactions: 1 person
That is such horse****! The players do not need to be compensated! The game characters didn't look anything like their real life counterparts. Just because "#14 white guy" is Tennessee's QB in the game doesn't automatically mean it looks like Worley.
True, but when it's applied to rosters of every FBS school, with little uncanny "coincidences" like that for 99% of the players on every roster, well, the gig is up. It was fun while it lasted even as horrible as the games were

Yes! NFL 2K5 was amazing. I always thought 2K games were harder to pass on.

I always liked them because I felt like the players had tighter control where in Madden the players almost feel like they slide as if they're on ice.

Licensing rights. The last thing signed still involved the Collegiate Licensing Company (which covers almost all of the major schools' copyrights) and EA; so until that expires (and isn't renewed), they can't.

So they can't.

Unless maybe they were to go the same way the same route parody does (different names, different team nicknames and logos, different colors and uniforms, etc).

VN Store

Back