Minecraft?

C1500

You're the ketchup to my mustard.
My girlfriend just got me into the game and we play now and then. I thought I would hate it, but I've really got into it. I set up a server and was looking for someone to play along with us(It gets boring after a bit with just two people).

I knew we had a game page here so I thought I would ask here 1st.

Happy gaming!

I can't get over how awful the graphics are. I like the concept of the game, but I can't even play 1 minute with my nephews without losing total interest.

I did read something recently about how the smartest and most creative kids love Minecraft, so there's that.

I can't get over how awful the graphics are. I like the concept of the game, but I can't even play 1 minute with my nephews without losing total interest.

I did read something recently about how the smartest and most creative kids love Minecraft, so there's that.

That was me at 1st. The main reason I like it is its stress free for the most part and laid back. I play NCAA 13, Witcher, Skyrim, ect, Sometimes I feel like I fry my brain. lol

Point of the game really isn't really to be aesthetic, and there are mods that improve that anyways. More of a sandbox type game.

I played back through the first couple years of MC including Alpha and Beta. Back when it wasn't super popular and not filled with tons of kids. Still have the game, rarely play. Probably havent opened it up in over a year. But it's one of the games that you can chill with or challenge yourself with.

All I'm saying is that the graphics could be at least 16-bit like the SNES was 25 years ago.

I understand when people say it. Some people are into games for different reasons. It's a perfectly valid dislike for mc.

Yeah, I don't need graphics to be awesome to enjoy a game, I just want to be able to see a pig and know it's a pig. LMAO. I still play my SNES games (Link to the Past FTW!).

Reactions: 1 person
All I'm saying is that the graphics could be at least 16-bit like the SNES was 25 years ago.

Um.... they're way better than 16-bit systems' games. That doesn't really refer to a level of "graphics," though. But graphics aren't what make this game awesome.

It's addictive. I played it twice. It sucked me in for a few months both times I played it. I finally quit about the time they introduced the nether or whatever they called the underworld.

Have they added anything awesome since then?

Last edited:
Um.... they're way better than 16-bit systems' games. That doesn't really refer to a level of "graphics," though. But graphics aren't what make this game awesome.

It's addictive. I played it twice. It sucked me in for a few months both times I played it. I finally quit about the time they introduced the nether or whatever they called the underworld.

Have they added anything awesome since then?

Well you have "The End" where you can fight the ender dragon. The new Wither boss in the nether. It just updated to 1.8 so there are some new items as well.

It not everyone cup of tea. I use it as a game to build a base with friends, to survive the nights, and kill a few bosses.

I play games like Skyrim, GTA, ect, so to me I can use minecraft as a game to play the requires a little skill but laid back with friends.

This is my Tennessee room in the basement of my house

2014-12-18_21.49.37.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
This is my Tennessee room in the basement of my house

View attachment 87808

I had a castle with an orange wool power T inlaid into the floor in front of my throne.

Are the bosses fun? I think I remember hearing about the Ender Dragon, but I didn't know they added others, too. That sounds awesome that they've added actual "objectives."

To me, the objective was build as much of an ostentatious eyesore of a mansion as I could. Then I would build a village around it, but there weren't NPC's, so it was just a ghost village for the creepers to destroy.

And always do it on survival mode. Creative mode is pointless. Just buy a 3d modeling program if you just want to build stuff! You could actually turn that into income, lol.

Never thought this would be my type of game but one of the guys in our little group let me download off his account and ive been hooked ever since. Honestly though it makes me just want more out of it. Wish there was a building game like minecraft creative mode where u can jus use any material but had all shape objects not jus square. And you didnt have to follow a step by step plan or rank up to unlock new buildings amd objects

Never thought this would be my type of game but one of the guys in our little group let me download off his account and ive been hooked ever since. Honestly though it makes me just want more out of it. Wish there was a building game like minecraft creative mode where u can jus use any material but had all shape objects not jus square. And you didnt have to follow a step by step plan or rank up to unlock new buildings amd objects

If you have an an X1 download Project Spark.

I had a castle with an orange wool power T inlaid into the floor in front of my throne.

Are the bosses fun? I think I remember hearing about the Ender Dragon, but I didn't know they added others, too. That sounds awesome that they've added actual "objectives."

To me, the objective was build as much of an ostentatious eyesore of a mansion as I could. Then I would build a village around it, but there weren't NPC's, so it was just a ghost village for the creepers to destroy.

And always do it on survival mode. Creative mode is pointless. Just buy a 3d modeling program if you just want to build stuff! You could actually turn that into income, lol.

Ya, the dragon takes real skill to beat. You have to kill a bunch of enderman to get enderpearls, then make them into eyes of ender. After that to have to find a stronghold (dungeon) and put the eyes into the end portal. Then you fight the dragon and to have to do a few steps to kill him or he just comes back to life.

The wither is a three headed boss that I have never beat. You have to go to the nether and get three wither skeleton heads(very hard)

They also have underwater temples now, with monsters thats real hard to beat.

Me and my girlfriend love it! Feel free to message me on skype (caleb_n_luree), message me on here, or email me at caleb_n_luree@hotmail.com and I'll give you my server info and we will try and play sometime. Same goes for anyone that wants to play.

I downloaded this the other day on XBone. I'm pretty addicted right now. What's the best thing to do on survival mode? The only think I have really done was find some caves and explore them a little bit. What does everyone else do?

I downloaded this the other day on XBone. I'm pretty addicted right now. What's the best thing to do on survival mode? The only think I have really done was find some caves and explore them a little bit. What does everyone else do?

Well I try to make a nice house and collect the stuff to fight the enderdragon. After that I so after the wither boss.

If you play online with other people Its alot more fun IMO

Build. I always try to build a super lavish castle or mansion. I played for the first time in a long time last week. I wanted to pillage some villagers, but I couldn't for the life of me find any villages. They didn't exist back the last time I played, so I was really curious how NPC's and everything worked. Apparently there is even some system of economy now.

VN Store

Back