Xbox or PlayStation

Gramps

10 year old grandson wanting to move up from his WII.
He has played PS3 and likes it. I have been looking at the Black Friday Ads.

I can get a

1. PS3 with batman bundle 500GB for $249

2. PS3 with Disney Infinity 2.0 with 12GB for $199

3. PS 4 Bundles $399

4. Xbox 360 console 4GB for $99

5. Xbox 360 console 4GB with kinect $179

6. Xbox One 500GB Console Bundle for $329

Which one is best for a 10 year old.

The PS4 would make me the happiest, but i also wouldn't be mad if i got a PS3. I guess it's up to you and how much you wanna spend and how happy you wanna make him.

Im not an Xbox fan though.

Yeah, I really enjoy my Xbox One, but if you want something JUST for gaming and not for having a media hub, PS4 is probably the safer bet.

The PS3 and Xbox 360 will cease to make new games soon

Can we purchase the new released games for both the 3 and 4 or will the gamemakers only be releasing their new games for the 4?

I would think the 3's will be phased out, of course I am not a gamer.

Edit: Volumnus 2011 already answered

Last edited:
Can we purchase the new released games for both the 3 and 4 or will the gamemakers only be releasing their new games for the 4?

I would think the 3's will be phased out, of course I am not a gamer.

For now and you can still get 3 games, im not sure when they will stop making them though. I still have a 3 so i hope it's a little while longer.

For now and you can still get 3 games, im not sure when they will stop making them though. I still have a 3 so i hope it's a little while longer.

The 3 is $150 less . I rather buy it but I do want him to get a few years out of it. He has had his WII for 5 years.

From the comments thus far, I need to rule the 360 out it appears..

The 3 is $150 less . I rather buy it but I do want him to get a few years out of it. He has had his WII for 5 years.

I wouldn't rule it out, there are still lots of great games for the 360. It was the better console of the last generation, IMO. That's not to say the PS3 isn't a good system. It is.
In reality, the consoles aren't much different. Most people prefer the system most of their buddies have.

But if you want to get the biggest splash, it's within your budget, and you want to get the longest life out of it, go with a Xbox One or PS4.

The new $349 Xbox One pricing looks attractive.

I think any of the choices you've mentioned would be a phenomenal gift compared to a Wii.

He's 10, so it's really just a question of how much you want to spoil him lol.

Thanks Freak. Target has a better deal than that on the Xbox one.

Xbox One 500GB Console Bundle with Assassin's Creed Unity and Black Flag
$329.99 and receive a $50 Target gift card.

That would put it at $279.99. He is probably to young for those games but that appears to be the best buy.

Last edited:
Thanks Freak. Target has a better deal than that on the Xbox one.

$329.99 and receive a $50 Target gift card.

That would put it at $279.99. He is probably to young for those games but that appears to be the best buy.

Wow! That's a steal. I assume that's a Black Friday deal? I wonder if there are limited quantities?

Wow! That's a steal. I assume that's a Black Friday deal? I wonder if there are limited quantities?

Yes it is or it is available at 6pm Thanksgiving. I have read Target Black Friday specials will be available to purchase on line Thanksgiving Day. I am not sure all their specials will be available online.

Last edited:
Gramps I believe your grandson would prolly be interested in Little Big Planet 3. Toys r Us is doing a ps4 500GB bundle with LEGO Batman3 and Little Big Planet 3 for $399

Reactions: 1 person
You can't pass up that deal at Target with the X1 and that's from a Ps4 user.

Last edited:
10 year old grandson wanting to move up from his WII.
He has played PS3 and likes it. I have been looking at the Black Friday Ads.

I can get a

1. PS3 with batman bundle 500GB for $249

2. PS3 with Disney Infinity 2.0 with 12GB for $199

3. PS 4 Bundles $399

4. Xbox 360 console 4GB for $99

5. Xbox 360 console 4GB with kinect $179

6. Xbox One 500GB Console Bundle for $329

Which one is best for a 10 year old.

Might be a dumb question but have you asked him what he'd prefer (in a subtle way of course)?

Might be a dumb question but have you asked him what he'd prefer (in a subtle way of course)?

As I stated in my original post he likes the PS3. One of his friends has one. He knows it is a an upgrade from WII. He has not played the other systems but said he thought a Xbox would be good also, either system will make him happy.

The good thing about getting a PS3 or X360 is they are still releasing new games for it (though by this time next year other than sports games maybe not) and there is a TON of good games you can get for cheap. And stores like GameStop have a ton of the selling used.

I haven't been able to locate PS4 with the pricing available on the Xbox One.

In addition to the Target pricing that I posted earlier and in this post, Walmart also has a deal on a Xbox One.

$329.99 and receive a $50 Target gift card

XBox One Halo: The Master Chief Collection Bundle + $30 Walmart Gift Card for $329.00

PS4 bundles are starting at $395.

GameStop has a 3 batman bundle for $249 that is available now. PS3 500GB Lego Batman 3 & Sly Cooper Bundle

GameStop also has this for $199. PS3 12GB Disney INFINITY: Marvel Super Heroes (2.0 Edition) Bundle

This is the one I would buy, he wants the Infinity 2.0 game, however it has 12 GB which is extremely low compared to the other systems. Any thoughts on this system?

Last edited:
Dont believe id pay $200 for a 12gb ps3. You could go on craigslist and find a 160+ for cheaper and just buy the games he wants.

Reactions: 1 person
A PS3 or 360 will last him another year or two and then the game releases will start dwindling down. The Ps4 and X1 would be the better investment because he could get 5-10 years out of it. I don't know your financial situation but the next Gen would be the better investment.

Get him a PS4 and he will get a good 8-10 years use out of it. Can't say the same for the last gens...

VN Store

Back