Fifa 15

JohnMarxism

I typically buy this game every other year and I am excited to get my FIFA fix this year. I'll be getting it on PS4. Anyone else plan on getting it? Which console?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcZ7tmK2EaU[/youtube]

I bought it a couple weeks ago and already have it pre-loaded on my XBone. Just waiting for them to allow me to play it.

My apologies, Kwebb. I didn't do a good job scanning for a FIFA thread before I made this one

I played the opening game and drew 2-2. Played the initial ultimate team game and won 18-0. Stupid beginner mode.

Am I the only one that is disappointed that Team Play was left out again this year?! That was my favorite game mode on FIFA 13.

Anyways, I enjoy playing FIFA 15. On the spectrum between a real-to-life video spectacle and a quick simulation video game, FIFA 15 finds it itself moving more toward the former. Cutscenes galore showcase the visuals of this game. Almost too much showcasing. For instance, on throw-ins, play will not resume until the appropriate team runs to the sidelines, tracks down the ball to be thrown in, and disposes of the previously played ball. This was fine to see the first few times but in the heat of battle, it slows the game down. The goalkeepers are more fickle when it comes to blocking shots. It is very easy to drive the ball under or between their legs, but even well placed corner shots are blocked easily by the keepers.

I give this game a 8.5/10. The game atmosphere is electric and FIFA is addictive as ever. The new flaws in this game are very noticeable, but do not threaten the overall enjoyment.

Am I the only one that is disappointed that Team Play was left out again this year?! That was my favorite game mode on FIFA 13.

Anyways, I enjoy playing FIFA 15. On the spectrum between a real-to-life video spectacle and a quick simulation video game, FIFA 15 finds it itself moving more toward the former. Cutscenes galore showcase the visuals of this game. Almost too much showcasing. For instance, on throw-ins, play will not resume until the appropriate team runs to the sidelines, tracks down the ball to be thrown in, and disposes of the previously played ball. This was fine to see the first few times but in the heat of battle, it slows the game down. The goalkeepers are more fickle when it comes to blocking shots. It is very easy to drive the ball under or between their legs, but even well placed corner shots are blocked easily by the keepers.

I give this game a 8.5/10. The game atmosphere is electric and FIFA is addictive as ever. The new flaws in this game are very noticeable, but do not threaten the overall enjoyment.

The game atmosphere is awesome. I think there will always be some issue with goalkeepers, there are some cool new saves but I think FIFA likes the more fast paced arcadey feel not a real soccer sim,(which is not bad). Sliders and slow speed help to negate this but when you play online it is back to fast paced and a ton of goals.

Its not even close this is the best Next Gen Sports game out at this time. I dont understand why Fifa is the only EA sports game that gets better and better each year.

Reactions: 1 person
Its not even close this is the best Next Gen Sports game out at this time. I dont understand why Fifa is the only EA sports game that gets better and better each year.

One reason is that Konami's PES has really improved over recent years. Competition drives the quality up which is exactly why 2K and EA SPORTS gobbled up exclusive rights agreements. As much as I enjoy The Show, I'd really like to see MVP Baseball make a comeback. The same goes for 2K football. Madden should be improving each year. I'm impressed with this year's edition, but that's the first time I can say that since 2008.

One reason is that Konami's PES has really improved over recent years. Competition drives the quality up which is exactly why 2K and EA SPORTS gobbled up exclusive rights agreements. As much as I enjoy The Show, I'd really like to see MVP Baseball make a comeback. The same goes for 2K football. Madden should be improving each year. I'm impressed with this year's edition, but that's the first time I can say that since 2008.

Agreed, on the field the PES demo is really good. Not quite FIFA but it is 60fps. These are small things but I love the sound of FIFA (especially if you are using a good headset) and the ads, makes it like you are watching a real broadcast.

Playing with Man U last night and the Commentary from Martin Tyler talking about Rooneys struggles playing for England in the World Cup right after he misses a easy finish. Even gave stats to his career in the World Cup. I love this ****ing game.

Reactions: 2 people
From everything I read EA is going away from team play and such in all games. No money in it for post sale cash. Looks like ultimate team is all there will be online in the future, and vs. I hate that bc playing online w friends against others is what makes a game for me.

From everything I read EA is going away from team play and such in all games. No money in it for post sale cash. Looks like ultimate team is all there will be online in the future, and vs. I hate that bc playing online w friends against others is what makes a game for me.

I love FIFA but I wish they would add more to manager mode.

Otp works on Fifa. I'm with you Webb it's my favorite thing to do is play with friends. EA sucks balls.

You guys gotta help me.

When I play online matches it seems like EVERY teams defense is just absolutely smothering. No matter where in pass it, they have a guy either picking it off, or right there waiting as soon as I receive the pass he just plows right through me and takes off the other way. Literally have no room to donanything.

Frustrating would be putting it mildly.

I've googled it and everything trying to figure it out..how do I make my defense play that way? Defensive mentality? Custom tactics? Team pressing? Offsides trap? Can't figure it out for the life of me.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back