ok guys...

rockyvols

Bruh
My friend bought a ps4 a week ago. Hes never had a gaming system before and my other friend who is an xbox fanboy is telling him to trade it in for xbone. Can everyone agree the ps4 is way better? #drunkpostbutserious
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I've owned both and believe the ps4 to have better games. My friends that I have gamed with for 7+ years all have Xbones but never play anymore. The TV integration is very nice for the Xbone, but I am only interested in gaming. The PS4 delivers for me.

My friend bought a ps4 a week ago. Hes never had a gaming system before and my other friend who is an xbox fanboy is telling him to trade it in for xbone. Can everyone agree the ps4 is way better? #drunkpostbutserious

I'd tell him to get a hot chick. They're so much better than video games!
:)

I say sell it and build one of these. :D

large.jpg

For gaming, the PS4 is the better system. It's more powerful than Xbone (faster RAM, better graphics chip, smaller OS footprint = less performance overhead, etc) plus I think Playstation has better exclusives.

For multimedia, the Xbone is better. It has a slicker UI with TV integration, snap feature, has more app support, it supports media playback from a thumb drive and the October update will allow multimedia streaming through your network. That's not to say PS4 won't have some of the features in the future but right now X1 is clearly killing PS4 in this department.

So really it all boils down to which is more important. Games and performance or multimedia functionality.

That's one ugly case.

I like it. It's a mini itx case so it prioritizes small size and functionality over looks. To each their own though. I saw one a while back someone modded to have a bunch of Texas longhorns stuff on it.

For gaming, the PS4 is the better system. It's more powerful than Xbone ( faster RAM , better graphics chip, smaller OS footprint = less performance overhead, etc) plus I think Playstation has better exclusives.

For multimedia, the Xbone is better. It has a slicker UI with TV integration, snap feature, has more app support, it supports media playback from a thumb drive and the October update will allow multimedia streaming through your network. That's not to say PS4 won't have some of the features in the future but right now X1 is clearly killing PS4 in this department.

So really it all boils down to which is more important. Games and performance or multimedia functionality.

The bolded isn't true.

DDR3 and GDDR5 are based on the same technology. Technically DDR3 is "faster" at calculating than GDDR5 while GDDR5 is slower at calculating but better at rendering. DDR3 has low latency but low bandwidth. GDDR5 has higher latency but also higher bandwidth.

This is why computers use ddr3 for system memory but GDDR5 for graphics RAM. the result for the consoles is going to be games that are more gpu intensive are going to most likely render better but have longer load times on the ps4 than on the xbone while cpu intensive games will operate better on the xbone but neither system really has a great cpu to speak of anyway (or gpu but that's letting my bias show a lot.)

And about the os footprint. Everything I've read suggests that they either have the same footprint or that sony uses slightly more (probably needed since their GDDR5 isn't as efficient at processing as Microsoft's DDR3)

I like it. It's a mini itx case so it prioritizes small size and functionality over looks. To each their own though. I saw one a while back someone modded to have a bunch of Texas longhorns stuff on it.

a BitFenix Prodigy. The black version looks less like an Apple product.

It depends on what games he likes.

Most of the best games will be on both. If he really likes one set of exclusives over another, go with that console.

It really comes down to that and what the majority of his friends have.

VN Store

Back