Halo: The Masterchief Collection

This is pretty much the only reason I'm not getting rid of my One. Cant wait to play these again.

Anyone else picking this one up tomorrow? I'm surprised this hasn't been talked about more. It's basically the whole reason I picked up an X1 in the first place.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDT5Bct4_is[/youtube]

Last edited:
Anyone else picking this one up tomorrow? I'm surprised this hasn't been talked about more. It's basically the whole reason I picked up an X1 in the first place.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDT5Bct4_is[/youtube]

At first I was going to wait.... then I watched the remaking Halo documentary last night on Xbox video. That was so good. I pre-ordered this morning.

At first I was going to wait.... then I watched the remaking Halo documentary last night on Xbox video. That was so good. I pre-ordered this morning.

I started watching that documentary earlier, and liked what I've seen so far. Ordered this and downloaded it last week sometime. Just waiting for midnight now.

I'll get it after a price drop. The remastered Halo 2 is really the only one I want to play.

Apparently they're having some pretty serious matchmaking issues at launch. So far, I haven't managed to get into a game yet. Hopefully they get it all sorted out as the day goes on.

Apparently they're having some pretty serious matchmaking issues at launch. So far, I haven't managed to get into a game yet. Hopefully they get it all sorted out as the day goes on.

That is what I was worried about with MP being on all four. Oh well, later on I will just play the campaigns until it is fixed.

So where's all that "cloud" power? I thought Live was supposed to be infallible.

So where's all that "cloud" power? I thought Live was supposed to be infallible.

LOL. Everyone here knows you're a complete shill for Sony, but even you're better than this blatant troll attempt.

We're talking about matchmaking issues with one game, within the first 24 hours of the game's release, where everyone who bought a disc copy has a 15-20 GB patch to download before they can even play. There could very possibly just not be enough people online to get solid matchmaking going yet. If this spreads to the entire Xbox Live service, and still isn't fixed three weeks from now, then the reliability of XBL vs. PSN will be a discussion worth having. Until then, not so much.

I've never been a huge halo guy, mainly because I hate the dumb shields in MP and having to shoot someone 12 times before they die, but my friends eat it up. What is this? Is it a new game or remastered old games? Can someone please clarify.

I've never been a huge halo guy, mainly because I hate the dumb shields in MP and having to shoot someone 12 times before they die, but my friends eat it up. What is this? Is it a new game or remastered old games? Can someone please clarify.

That's exactly why I like it. It's not about who saw who first and got the jump on the guy, it's more about who has the best combat skills. It also gives a satisfactory reason as to why it takes 12 shots to kill a guy. I hate the games where it's like that just cause, with no explanation.

Reactions: 1 person
Easily my favorite FPS franchise, but I don't have Xbox One, yet.

Do it Huff! Honestly, I never consider one game a reason to buy a system but if anyone is interested in an Xbox One now would be the time to grab one. The price is super low.

Give me the Halo gameplay over any other FPS right now. JMO. It is a remaster off Halo 1,2,3 and 4. 1080p 60fps. They re-did the graphics and all the sounds. I am sure there are other things but that is what came to the top of my head.

Do it Huff! Honestly, I never consider one game a reason to buy a system but if anyone is interested in an Xbox One now would be the time to grab one. The price is super low.

Give me the Halo gameplay over any other FPS right now. JMO. It is a remaster off Halo 1,2,3 and 4. 1080p 60fps. They re-did the graphics and all the sounds. I am sure there are other things but that is what came to the top of my head.

Agreed. It's kind of crazy to think how Halo 2 was the first great online console shooter, and they came close to perfecting the gameplay right out of the gate. I don't know that I've played another game since where the weapons were so perfectly balanced and the gameplay relied almost entirely on your actual skill and not overpowered weapons or perks to level the playing field. At the same time, the matchmaking did a pretty good job of pairing you with players of similar skill level, so even if you weren't that great, you could still get in relatively fair games and have a good time.

That's exactly why I like it. It's not about who saw who first and got the jump on the guy, it's more about who has the best combat skills. It also gives a satisfactory reason as to why it takes 12 shots to kill a guy. I hate the games where it's like that just cause, with no explanation.

I see your point, I guess its just a matter of preference. I prefer hardcore mode on COD where 2 or 3 shots and youre dead. I suppose for me it just adds to the intensity of the game...

So is it the same maps and everything? Just better graphics?

Picked mine up yesterday and installed it but didn't get a chance to play it. For some odd reason when I attempted to install the disk, it locked my system up and I couldn't unlock it! I finally had to just wipe my hard drive completely and re-install everything. It took quite a while so I just ended up playing Destiny on PS4 while my system was re-updating. A minor headache but now everything is running fine. I did look at the menu system which I have to say is quite impressive. I'll get on and play tonight.

I do have one minor quibble with this game. I'm not usually someone who cares about packaging but considering this is Halo, the Xbox's flagship title, and this is the Masterchief Collection which will attempt to re-introduce the franchise to a new generation of gamers. I was somewhat disappointed with the packaging of this game. To me, this should have received the royal treatment and it just didn't. You get the disk and a jewel case. Very very understated packaging for such a huge title. I would have liked to have seen a nice digibook or at least a cool holographic slip cover or something.

Picked mine up yesterday and installed it but didn't get a chance to play it. For some odd reason when I attempted to install the disk, it locked my system up and I couldn't unlock it! I finally had to just wipe my hard drive completely and re-install everything. It took quite a while so I just ended up playing Destiny on PS4 while my system was re-updating. A minor headache but now everything is running fine. I did look at the menu system which I have to say is quite impressive. I'll get on and play tonight.

I do have one minor quibble with this game. I'm not usually someone who cares about packaging but considering this is Halo, the Xbox's flagship title, and this is the Masterchief Collection which will attempt to re-introduce the franchise to a new generation of gamers. I was somewhat disappointed with the packaging of this game. To me, this should have received the royal treatment and it just didn't. You get the disk and a jewel case. Very very understated packaging for such a huge title. I would have liked to have seen a nice digibook or at least a cool holographic slip cover or something.

Aside from GTA, which still had the huge foldout map of the city in last year's release, the ship seems to have sailed on anything more than the disc coming with games these days.

Aside from GTA, which still had the huge foldout map of the city in last year's release, the ship seems to have sailed on anything more than the disc coming with games these days.

That's why I said I don't usually pay attention to packaging because it's like you said, the ship has sailed on that. However this is Halo. This is THE flagship title for Xbox. Not THAT big of a deal but I was somewhat surprised that MS didn't at least offer a platinum or special edition with snazzier packaging.

VN Store

Back